Poll

Who do you think is the best doctor who of all time?

William Hartnell
2 (2.6%)
Patrick Troughton
1 (1.3%)
Jon Pertwee
1 (1.3%)
Tom Baker
4 (5.2%)
Peter Davison
0 (0%)
Colin Baker
1 (1.3%)
Sylvester McCoy
2 (2.6%)
Paul McGann
2 (2.6%)
Christopher Eccleston
15 (19.5%)
David Tennant
32 (41.6%)
Matt Smith
17 (22.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 284311 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 15 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Angelic Lapras King

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Angel Wings! Please Guide Me And The Lapras!
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery of Maddness
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #1515 on: December 25, 2009, 19:17 »
Right then, the End of Time anyone?

Pretty good episode, my only complain is it started a bit slow, but then it is the start of a 2 parter so I expected part one to be the build up, and another of RTD's useless aliens (Seriously, its just the red midget in the Xmas special 2 years ago, only green and taller).

Master was brilliant as always, the hungry stuff was a bit creepyish which suits him. Love how he messed up with the Doctor's beloved human race and turned everyone into him! XD Brilliant evil plan. XD

Ah and the end, now when I was hearing a rumor about the return of the Timelords, I was expecting probably a small batch of em, but instead we get HUNDREDS! XD That was great, if only the kept that more secret it
would of been just like the Daleks raiding on the Cybermen's parade. lol.

Ah, plently of stuff to speculate about part 2, like does Donna remember, the Master possibly killing the Doctor, the timelords, yeah. Can't wait.

"What did I say would happen if you got onto my back Oak?"

Offline Winston Payne

• A Real Nowhere Man
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • There I will go.
    • View Profile
    • Covered Wars, Allegedly.
« Reply #1516 on: December 25, 2009, 20:35 »
Picked up strong Matrix vibes from everyone having the Master's face.

Also, I'm thinking awkweird; all those Masters in Women's clothing...

oh god.

CHILDREN.

Mini-masters, biting at your ankles!

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: December 26, 2009, 22:23 »
Picked up strong Matrix vibes from everyone having the Master's face.
Rimmer World was way ahead of the Matrix. XP

Ah, children Masters, a miss opportunity, though wouldnt the children have all become adults like the Master?

master1

« Reply #1518 on: December 26, 2009, 23:26 »
Oh-em-gee!
Return of the Time Lords! =0
... Wait...
So... We start the series with "there was a time war (that you never got to see) and, like, all the Daleks and Time Lords were killed" and now we're ending it with "never mind, they're all back now?" O.o;

That was awesome... *gazes off into the distance of the vortex of Sci-Fi comedy*

Offline Sebastian Moran

• ᕦ(ಠ益ಠ)ᕤ Tries too hard
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Fan
  • the pride of roast britain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: December 27, 2009, 00:14 »
wouldnt the children have all become adults like the Master?

children and.. think of babies. think of pregnant women. 
Damn you, RTD, for making me disturb myself

though.. with this "lol everyone's back!" it is making me think that RTD's just.. trying to go out in as silly an end as possible.. or is that just me? I don't know. Shall be.. interesting, anyhoo. 

And yay for the Master still being Simm c: 
..I realised watching the episode that I'm more upset by the idea of Simm being replaced than by Tennant, hur. 
-fails- 

but.. no.. the episode did make me laugh, particularly the end. 
Yay for insanity.. and.. telling people that they taste nice.. and ridiculousness. 
And nina is a cactus! 
and.. and.. i'm amused |: 

be humble,
for you are
made of earth.

be noble,
for you are
made of stars.

Offline Winston Payne

• A Real Nowhere Man
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • There I will go.
    • View Profile
    • Covered Wars, Allegedly.
« Reply #1520 on: December 27, 2009, 00:15 »

God, those Rimmer women were hot not bad if I had had a drink first weird.
Alllthough...to be technical...Rimmer did create a race of beings with his face from scratch on an uninhabited planet; whereas lovely Master Simm copied himself over the population of an existing world, which sorta hearkens to The Matrix.

Ah, children Masters, a miss opportunity, though wouldnt the children have all become adults like the Master?
Well, the Women did sorta go flat chested when they became the Master. As for kid Masters? Would it be creepier to see them as sort of child-sized, but Master-faced/voiced, or Master-sized, but in considerably tight/torn/no clothing...

well the Fangirls'd wet themselves for the latter option.

Also, Timothy Dalton... =D

And I cringed slightly at "The Master Race" line...I knew it was coming...

Offline Enigma

• Here to train for the Kanto League 8]
  • Elite Four Member
  • Joeno Fan
  • Back for a bit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: December 27, 2009, 00:26 »
well the Fangirls'd wet themselves for the latter option.

Plus me. =D

I really like the episode, though I found the Master's 'insanity' a little bit forced. And the whole "look at me, I'm Iron Man =D" electric bolt flight thingy was a bit...dunno. Unnecessary? Didn't make me think "oh wow, he's cool" I more thought "huh, the lightning bolt trail is a bit craply CGI'd. <_<;"

And the Master's great super plan was cool from the analyser's perspective - taking away the one thing that the Doctor truly loves (the people of Earth,) but from a plot point...just a bit weird.

Also, something I noticed that was funny...

Wilfred Mott

The under lined letters are an anagram of 'Time Lord.'

The remaining letters are "W," "t," and "f."

...huh.

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: December 27, 2009, 01:02 »
So David Tennant is bowing out? Might start watching again now that he's gone. I couldn't stomach the man at all. If he'd had kept his natural Scottish accent it might have been worthwhile, but no he was too glib to be the doctor.

Offline Enigma

• Here to train for the Kanto League 8]
  • Elite Four Member
  • Joeno Fan
  • Back for a bit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: December 28, 2009, 12:54 »
So David Tennant is bowing out? Might start watching again now that he's gone. I couldn't stomach the man at all. If he'd had kept his natural Scottish accent it might have been worthwhile, but no he was too glib to be the doctor.

I dunno, I liked him BECAUSE of that really. The ones that took themselves too seriously seem to be a little less believable. I mean, if you're as powerful as the Doctor, being the whole 'Lonely God' thing, it's more believable to have him a little bit wacko, almost psychotic in the way he switches between serious and carefree, rather than being constantly serious.

I'll certainly miss Tennant. But I'm looking forward to seeing how this new Doctor will fare. =)

Offline Sebastian Moran

• ᕦ(ಠ益ಠ)ᕤ Tries too hard
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Fan
  • the pride of roast britain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: December 28, 2009, 13:29 »
iirc, RTD asked Tennant to have that accent because being with Rose had rubbed off on the Doctor.. 
and the universe revolves around her or something -muttermutter- 
..what.. I just liked her better before the whole kerfuffle around her started.. 

I laughed at the anagram thing up in yonder post^ 

And.. yes, the Master was ridiculously ott.. at one point I thought I'd accidentally switched over to watching Heroes or something.. BUT.. when has [Simm's, at least] Master not been ott? I don't know, I think that's why I like him in the first place.. dancing around to pop music while pushing around an ancient Doctor in a wheelchair... So if he's speed-eating turkeys and bouncing around like tigger on cocaine and firing odd-looking SFX out of his hands.. works for me :v 

I like to show this screenshot to people who have never watched Doctor Who and say "this is the one of the most popular TV programmes in the UK."
but.. yes.. dog collars and straitjackets. i mean, hallo. 

Anyhoo! Next episode. Yes. Interesting. 
I watched the repeat of the episode with commentary on, because apparently I am that lame.. only things I can remember in regards to the next episode was talking about Donna.. how he did really want to bring her back but decided against it.. as he'd already said "she can never rememberrrrr"... 
which makes the whole "she's starting to remember!" thing a bit... oh dear. 
But.. no. I am glad that they're not going to go "omg Donna's back to normal yay!" [..i hope] because... much as I love her... it was said that if she remembers she'll die.. more than once.. and.. stop bending the laws of your own plot just because it suits you O< 

The other thing I can remember them saying [aside from complaining about set designs and tinsel] is that Wilf signed up to the army in '46, effectively missing the war, and so he wishes he could have signed up earlier. It's not much, really, but there's the idea that he's going to finally get the opportunity to fight in the war. Maybe. I don't know :c 
...I did laugh when his phone rang and he pulled out the gun instead though. 
And his and the Doctor's exchange in the TARDIS. 

Look at me, proper capitalisation for this post and everything. 

« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 13:32 by Halfwit »

be humble,
for you are
made of earth.

be noble,
for you are
made of stars.

Offline Pandemonium

• Power is means, not an end
  • Gym League Members
  • Sentret Fan
  • Sabrina~
    • View Profile
    • Project Haruhi-- We're not interested in ORDINARY cartoons.
« Reply #1525 on: December 28, 2009, 13:49 »
I found the new ep kinda wirey at first, confused the hell out of me, but eventually everything started to fit together and then the end and intro for the next ep.

Gallifrey? GALLIFREY?

Those damn SNOBS are BACK? Oh (time) lawd. No Daleks to kill 'em off this time either. Human-Doctor saw to that.

Offline Snagprophet

• Electric Master
  • Sentret Fan
  • Shocking
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: December 30, 2009, 16:05 »
With Matt Smith as the Doctor, I'm terrified it's going to all be all like Twilight; with a time machine.

But I'll wait for the first episode.

• Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: January 01, 2010, 20:10 »
...Well, you can't ask for anything more epic then that.

But you Matt Smith haters will probably pick nick at bits, so :P
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 20:15 by Angelic Lapras King »

Offline Dragonpika

• Call me Kay~
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • blub!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: January 01, 2010, 20:12 »
Whooa.
Yeah, the knocking four times thing got me. I thought it was going to be The Master. I kinda guessed it wouldn't be an outright killing, but man.. they got me! :B

Not sure why shooting the diamond wasn't like.. the obvious option.. so the link wasn't in the Master's head? And what the Hell was with that cubicle locking system? xD why would anywhere have a system that forces somebody to die when the nuclear energy overload gets too high (or whatever the Hell happened)?

And who WAS that woman?

Where did the Master go at the end?

Anyone notice the Time Lord president call the two that voted against the majority "weeping angels"? Damnit I hate those things ;; but does it mean that woman will be involved when the weeping angels make their return? Interesting.

It amused me how even Time Lords refer to each other by their "names", the Doctor / Master etc.

Thought it was a good episode though.. though you just knew that the big bad scary enemy would show its face for like, two minutes, then be prevented from actually getting there. Fantastic acting all around in my opinion, especially on Tennant and Simms' parts. The bit with Rose was so touching =[

Great end to a great series; Matt Smith seemed reasonable in the few seconds we saw of him, quirky enough (if a bit funny-looking). Fingers crossed for the next series!

wake up, kids
    we've got the dreamers disease

Offline nalty.

• Typhlosion Fan
  • :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: January 01, 2010, 20:25 »
Great end to a great series; Matt Smith seemed reasonable in the few seconds we saw of him, quirky enough (if a bit funny-looking). Fingers crossed for the next series!

he has a weird nose :)