Poll

Who do you think is the best doctor who of all time?

William Hartnell
2 (2.6%)
Patrick Troughton
1 (1.3%)
Jon Pertwee
1 (1.3%)
Tom Baker
4 (5.2%)
Peter Davison
0 (0%)
Colin Baker
1 (1.3%)
Sylvester McCoy
2 (2.6%)
Paul McGann
2 (2.6%)
Christopher Eccleston
15 (19.5%)
David Tennant
32 (41.6%)
Matt Smith
17 (22.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 284066 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 23 Guests are viewing this topic.

EMPIRE

Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #1605 on: April 23, 2010, 22:00 »
^ In true doctor fashion he could trap them by using themselves. Well, depends how many there are.

Offline Ammish

• Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: April 24, 2010, 22:18 »
Watched Dr Who a few hours ago, and I'm thankful the quality went back to its highest after the Dalek Episode. I really like the Weeping Angels, the actress of Emily Pond is right that the Weeping Angels are the scariest species of  Dr Who.

I like how an 'image of the weeping angel' can become one. And it was a twist of events when the statues that everyone assumed it wasn't the weeping angel... turned out to be one, because of missing features.

So frankly, the best episode and there's more to come. I think I found my favourite species <3

Offline Darkwing

• Typhlosion Fan
  • I may be good... but I don't play nice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: April 24, 2010, 22:49 »
OK so River is the Doctors Wife... But he hasn't been properly introduced to her yet. That's the one problem to Time Travel... It messes with your sense of directionality.

Not sure about the paramilitary church though... This isn't Warhammer.

Offline Sebastian Moran

• ᕦ(ಠ益ಠ)ᕤ Tries too hard
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Fan
  • the pride of roast britain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: April 25, 2010, 14:03 »
i giggled at the doctor's mention of having dinner with the architect because I am actually that lame.

And.. yeah, I enjoyed it :D
the "actually i'm dead, sir" spiel by Bob [bob!] I liked.. amused me in a sort of "I approve of the mindscrew" way, which is good.

I feel ever so clever for being confused over the statues having one head [or, more speicifcally, for looking human] when the Aplans didn't.. though I wasn't sure if it was just something the makers of the show had forgotten, hur.
but no, is a plot point, so that's nice.
..yes I know i'm slow and that everyone else would have picked up on it as well, but shh
Actually i thought the statues having no eyes had something to do with it as well.

But yes.. I liked the "..actually they're all angels, ahur. sorry bout that."

And.. the doctor is a better person than i.. for i'd simply say to river, "i met you once, then you died. HURR"
..soo he gave her pictures of all his incarnations so she'd recognise him? she implies that she's met more than just Eleven.. and obviously not previous ones, even offscreen, because Ten didn't recognise her in the library. So.. implied possible future Doctors meet her. Maybe. Intriguing anyhoo.
Bit Time-Traveller's Wife. Well, not a bit.. it's pretty much explained that she's the time-traveller's wife, so don't mind me.
like how it keeps explanations of some things under wraps.. to be explained in later episodes mainly. like prison.. and who taught her to fly the tardis? apparently not the doctor.

hmm.. I need the doctor trying to make the vworp vworp noise as a ringtone or something, i dunno. okay, no.
..boring blue stabilisers.

And Amy is growing on me also. "Ooh, doctor! you soniced her!"

Yes! Next episode looks amusing due to "you know I said don't blink? er.. the opposite, lol."
Eye thing never cropped up before, but hey :v guess sally sparrow just never bothered to look at the eyes.
but images-of-angels should scare a few more kids.. particularly the ones who have.. i dunno, magazines/annuals/whatever there is with pictures of the critters in. therefore I approve.

And.. the Doctor's keeping score with museums and stealing various artefacts wins some points.

be humble,
for you are
made of earth.

be noble,
for you are
made of stars.

Offline 1794mew

• Im #027 Sandshrew in the Puk crew version 3. "If the world chooses to become my enemy, I will fight like I always have."
  • Joeno Fan
  • Awww Ain't He Cute *Huggles* Thanks Lorem
    • View Profile
    • Twilight Realm
« Reply #1609 on: April 25, 2010, 14:43 »
I only have one little thing about it, if the angels touch you you get sent back in time, so how did they break the guys necks, can they turn it off or something?

but yeah loving the new series, and it doesn't suprise me the Doctor leaves the brakes on
Thanks Catstorm
[Sig under creation]

Offline August J. Stuffiman IV

• Legendary Gentleman
  • Joeno Fan
  • The fourth in the prestigious line of Stuffimans.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: April 25, 2010, 19:02 »
And.. the doctor is a better person than i.. for i'd simply say to river, "i met you once, then you died. HURR"
..soo he gave her pictures of all his incarnations so she'd recognise him? she implies that she's met more than just Eleven.. and obviously not previous ones, even offscreen, because Ten didn't recognise her in the library. So.. implied possible future Doctors meet her. Maybe. Intriguing anyhoo.

Very true, also, she wouldn't need a "spotters' guide" if there were only a few, meaning that the Doctor will find some way to exceed the 12 regeneration limit of Timelords. Mmm. Not sure how they're going to write that in...

hmm.. I need the doctor trying to make the vworp vworp noise as a ringtone or something, i dunno. okay, no.
..boring blue stabilisers.

"Blue boringers!" xD

I only have one little thing about it, if the angels touch you you get sent back in time, so how did they break the guys necks, can they turn it off or something?

I presume it's a conscious decision; they're feeding on people. You can put food in your mouth, but you need to make the decision to chew and swallow in order to actually consume it. Same principle applies here, just with touch.

Offline Snagprophet

• Electric Master
  • Sentret Fan
  • Shocking
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: April 25, 2010, 22:33 »
I loved this, but I still see the plotholes of when Bob is alone yet the statues behind him are still statues. The same thing happened in Blink and I don't understand.

However, this was the only thing that let it down and perhaps there will be an explanation. I was also puzzled at how River wasn't crushed by the space vacuum after bailing from the air lock, although I suppose the TARDIS shields can extend.

EMPIRE

« Reply #1612 on: April 29, 2010, 22:28 »
However, this was the only thing that let it down and perhaps there will be an explanation. I was also puzzled at how River wasn't crushed by the space vacuum after bailing from the air lock, although I suppose the TARDIS shields can extend.

Not the sheilds! TARDIS air corridor. I suppose its just a well, a corridor of air really.

Offline Snagprophet

• Electric Master
  • Sentret Fan
  • Shocking
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: April 30, 2010, 15:28 »
I also just thought, why not pick up a statue and have it face the passageway which they were coming down, have another statue look at the original to keep it stone, then none of them would be able to follow them without becoming stone.

Just a thought, also interesting how when they blink and they move closer, but surely a statue behind the one at the front would have to look at it therefore keeping it a stone.

Offline Danse Macabre ( 6,6)

• YGO & Pokemon Veteran
  • Joeno Fan
  • The Old Hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: May 01, 2010, 02:48 »
The Angels behind cover their faces while the ones in front advance... this takes a little while explaining why a Weeping Angel that can cover several feet every second (as per the original Weeping Angel episode in series 3) can only make it a few inches.

I'm not a big fan of the Angels this time around, the real genius in their previous episode was working out how the message on the DVDs worked and the fact that the Doctor wasn't around to save the day... I don't think they really fit in with Matt Smith's Doctor.

His slightly more clownish take on the Doctor (which is great), just cuts through the tension far too often.
Internet celebrity in the making Danté Solablood! For all your Minecraft LP needs go to: http://www.youtube.com/user/KamenDev

Offline Sebastian Moran

• ᕦ(ಠ益ಠ)ᕤ Tries too hard
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Fan
  • the pride of roast britain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: May 01, 2010, 12:42 »
the appeal of the angels to me has always been the whole.. clever plotlines around them.. i don't find the critters themself that terrifying.. possibly as when lights are flashing they look like they're disco dancing.
oh, but i will jump at things that SUDDENLY JUMP OUT AT YOU, so.. yeah.
But agree that Blink was more genius than this episode.. though I am enjoying this two=parter thus far.. hell, I'm loving this series.

Also.. the audience are treated like.. if they're looking at the angel, then it can't move. so we never see them move.. as we're looking at them. But when the camera pans away..
which adds to the creepy, perhaps? no?
oh okay.

also someone pointed out.. regarding the whole image-of-an-angel-becomes-an-angel.. Sally Sparrow gave the Doctor a folder including pictures of the angels.. which was inside the tardis..
"Brings up the question of how the Doctor got sent to 1969 in the first place.."

though if so you'd think the Doctor would remember the images turning into angels.. or maybe he didn't know that's what had happened
hence the lack of "DAAAMN YOUUU SALLY SPARROW... -zapped to 1969-"

be humble,
for you are
made of earth.

be noble,
for you are
made of stars.

Offline Y2Jt

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: May 02, 2010, 17:20 »
So what did everyone think of last nights episode? I loved it, especially the way it's building up to the end of time itself thing

Offline Basskat

• Mulholland Fan
  • I make good vibration with bass!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: May 02, 2010, 18:07 »
I liked it, although i felt that the whole 'gap in the time-space continuum' thing was a bit of a deus ex machina, unless it's gonna be central the plotline later on. (That may well be a very stupid statement :L)

Also, it was disconcerting to see Amy suddenly deciding she's horny at the end :/ I always thought that the romance between The Doctor and his companion to be implied, and never openly acted upon/talked about, sorta like the gaint white elephant in the living room.
Meh, comparing proper musical careers to the X Factor is like comparing a relationship to a date rape.

Simples *Squeak*

Offline Ammish

• Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: May 02, 2010, 21:11 »
I liked it, although i felt that the whole 'gap in the time-space continuum' thing was a bit of a deus ex machina, unless it's gonna be central the plotline later on. (That may well be a very stupid statement :L)

The whole 'crack in the wall' is a sneaky way of eliminating all the clustercrap that Russel T.Davies left.

Offline Snagprophet

• Electric Master
  • Sentret Fan
  • Shocking
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: May 02, 2010, 22:22 »
They said they were going on a quest to do something about it. That's a lot better than a bunch of seemingly random stories with one tiny link, which turns out to be daleks or the master stalking the doctor in some weird way. This time he's actually gone to find out what all this rubbish is.