Poll

Who do you think is the best doctor who of all time?

William Hartnell
2 (2.6%)
Patrick Troughton
1 (1.3%)
Jon Pertwee
1 (1.3%)
Tom Baker
4 (5.2%)
Peter Davison
0 (0%)
Colin Baker
1 (1.3%)
Sylvester McCoy
2 (2.6%)
Paul McGann
2 (2.6%)
Christopher Eccleston
15 (19.5%)
David Tennant
32 (41.6%)
Matt Smith
17 (22.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 282071 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Darkwing

• Typhlosion Fan
  • I may be good... but I don't play nice
    • View Profile
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #1665 on: June 01, 2010, 07:22 »
Ahh, but its inside the TARDIS, which makes rules of space and time a little less certain.

That episode had great tension, but not on an action level, on an emotional level. I may be ready to call episode of the series.

No see the whole point still gets caught in its own logic. Rory had the ring before he stepped onto the TARDIS. So with no Rory to become her fiance Amy never would have gotten the ring.... That means that the ring was never there to get put onto the console. I mean if it had been Amy carrying her mums wedding ring out of sentimentality, that I could buy. But with the current timeline we have a ring that Amy thinks has appeared from nowhere.

Why do I get the feeling that River Song is part of the answer?

pokeguru V2

« Reply #1666 on: June 05, 2010, 00:34 »
oh wow. The entire show was strange. I hope that the Cybermen is coming soon. I WANT TO BELIEVE!

oh yeah Bring back the Modaians! I want to see an epic battle between them.

EMPIRE

« Reply #1667 on: June 05, 2010, 00:55 »
No see the whole point still gets caught in its own logic. Rory had the ring before he stepped onto the TARDIS. So with no Rory to become her fiance Amy never would have gotten the ring.... That means that the ring was never there to get put onto the console. I mean if it had been Amy carrying her mums wedding ring out of sentimentality, that I could buy. But with the current timeline we have a ring that Amy thinks has appeared from nowhere.

Why do I get the feeling that River Song is part of the answer?

You might just be looking a bit to deep into it and quite possibly thinking of time as a staight line.

Offline Dragonpika

• Call me Kay~
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • blub!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: June 05, 2010, 12:38 »
This may be a silly question, as I was distracted by my little brother a lot during the episode and so might've missed this being explained, but why did Amy remember the soldiers that were swallowed up by the void in Flesh and Stone, yet forget Rory when it took him?

wake up, kids
    we've got the dreamers disease

Offline Winston Payne

• A Real Nowhere Man
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • There I will go.
    • View Profile
    • Covered Wars, Allegedly.
« Reply #1669 on: June 05, 2010, 12:42 »
Allegedly because "Rory was a part of Amy's life/timeline."
Yes Doctor, despite the fact that the clerics in Flesh and Stone weren't part of her timeline.

I don't think we've seen the last of Rory.

EMPIRE

« Reply #1670 on: June 05, 2010, 19:45 »
This may be a silly question, as I was distracted by my little brother a lot during the episode and so might've missed this being explained, but why did Amy remember the soldiers that were swallowed up by the void in Flesh and Stone, yet forget Rory when it took him?

She remembered them because she has a different perspective on the universe now due to being a time traveller. But the thing is, because Rory's a time traveller it didn't change her perspective on him so in theory (i say theory!) she would forget him unless she concentrated on his memory; which she didn't so yeah.

..and this weeks episode was really rather fantastic. Now tbh I wasn't really expecting much from this episode but I really enjoyed it and its got to be one of my favorites.

Offline RocketMember002

• Joy Incarnate
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: June 05, 2010, 19:51 »
^^^
Same, I expected it to be a terribad filler with a famous person crammed in it to draw in viewers, the alien was crap, but overall the episode was genuinely touching. Especially the end, I'm glad they didn't make him survive just for a happy ending.
Regardless of how decent this filler was, next week seems horribly fillery, and expectations are low. They really need to sack the person that does the "Next week" clips, they suck out the lead up that makes the rest of it believable and worth watching.

Offline Angelic Lapras King

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Angel Wings! Please Guide Me And The Lapras!
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery of Maddness
« Reply #1672 on: June 05, 2010, 20:22 »
Next week's will be pretty much be the cram before the storm (i.e. the 2 part finale)

"What did I say would happen if you got onto my back Oak?"

Offline Winston Payne

• A Real Nowhere Man
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • There I will go.
    • View Profile
    • Covered Wars, Allegedly.
« Reply #1673 on: June 05, 2010, 21:01 »
Nice episode; not much I can say about it other than it was enjoyable, loved Bill Nighy and I can now wait for a flood of Vincent x Amy fanfiction to flood the internet.

Also, I've been to the Musée d'Orsay. I don't remember Van Gogh having a whole room to himself; at least not a room like that. Granted, it was the late 90's when I went. But it was thoroughly enjoyable!

Offline Hahex and Oshawott

• Number 500 of the PUK crew. Who started this anyway?
  • Joeno Fan
  • Holding on to what I haven't got.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: June 05, 2010, 22:09 »
I think it was meant to be a one time exhibition in 2010. I remember there was one in London that I went to, not sure if it's the same company. Still, it was a pretty cool and touching episode. (I think my mum cried at some point, she's a wuss like that ¬_¬).

pokeguru V2

« Reply #1675 on: June 05, 2010, 22:29 »
I think it was meant to be a one time exhibition in 2010. I remember there was one in London that I went to, not sure if it's the same company. Still, it was a pretty cool and touching episode. (I think my mum cried at some point, she's a wuss like that ¬_¬).

My dad looked fit to burst to tears at the end. He never really cries if their is a TV or movie.

teen again, he did cry during the Green Mile. that's why he doesn't want to show it to us.

Offline ARCADE

• Typhlosion Fan
  • Who put the ball in the mackems net, oh Ryan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: June 06, 2010, 02:42 »
I was quite saddened by this week's episode :(

Offline Darkwing

• Typhlosion Fan
  • I may be good... but I don't play nice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: June 06, 2010, 17:08 »
For an Aesop lead episode... This was quite a good one. It was almost as effective as the humanization of Donna during that Ood 2 parter.

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #1678 on: June 07, 2010, 10:42 »
watched it, and it was okay seeing as how i dislike Amy and 11.

Offline Latias Tamer

• WOCNWORBWONWO
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: June 07, 2010, 11:00 »
Genuinely was impressed by that episode. I like it how the Doctor was like 'Ooh a monster! Let's Go!' =D

Loved how they kept so true to Van Gogh's life, while making it into a good doctor who episode. Yet they didn't make it all happy and he actually suffered the same fate, while making those differences. It was a nice touch having him go back and see how admired he is...
Yes.