Poll

Who do you think is the best doctor who of all time?

William Hartnell
2 (2.6%)
Patrick Troughton
1 (1.3%)
Jon Pertwee
1 (1.3%)
Tom Baker
4 (5.2%)
Peter Davison
0 (0%)
Colin Baker
1 (1.3%)
Sylvester McCoy
2 (2.6%)
Paul McGann
2 (2.6%)
Christopher Eccleston
15 (19.5%)
David Tennant
32 (41.6%)
Matt Smith
17 (22.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 283999 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 22 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Lorem Ipsum

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #1710 on: June 19, 2010, 19:49 »

Good episode, but mightily confusing in places. And I can't help but think that things were badly explained and a little too quick.

Offline RocketMember002

• Joy Incarnate
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: June 19, 2010, 20:06 »
Spoilers:

I liked the twist, disliked the lack of the "NEXT TIME:" clip. I was annoyed at the return of the prat, glad that he's not really the prat. Much explanation required next week, though.

Offline Angelic Lapras King

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Angel Wings! Please Guide Me And The Lapras!
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery of Maddness
« Reply #1712 on: June 19, 2010, 20:12 »
The lack of a NEXT TIME trailer is a good thing. We have no idea what happens next that way for the big climax (Unless you've been reading spoilers, tuttut :P)

Can't say I was too confused. Tardis is gonna blow up apparently ending everything, Doctor is only one to the alien's knowledge that can drive the thing, so they devise a plan together involving Amy, her memories, robot Romans, and a big box to shove the Doctor into. :P

"What did I say would happen if you got onto my back Oak?"

Offline Snagprophet

• Electric Master
  • Sentret Fan
  • Shocking
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: June 19, 2010, 20:37 »
The lack of a NEXT TIME trailer is a good thing.

Agreed. It makes next week more unknown. It was what I admired from shows like Heroes and Flash Forward.

I liked it. Good twist, very sad too.

Offline Winston Payne

• A Real Nowhere Man
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • There I will go.
    • View Profile
    • Covered Wars, Allegedly.
« Reply #1714 on: June 19, 2010, 21:07 »
This week's episode...there's only one thing I can say...

THINGS JUST GOT REAL

Offline Latias Tamer

• WOCNWORBWONWO
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: June 20, 2010, 01:02 »
That was just brilliant...loved how it tied in times from previous episodes to set up the story. Rory turning out to be an Auton was a shock, as I thought he had properly come back...It was rather sad when she finally remembers him, he shoots her despite trying so hard to resist...=/

The thing that got me was where did all these monsters come from? I mean...Dalek's make sense...but the Cybus Cybermen are seen to be destroyed...Those Siluiran's were meant to be gas'd/in hibernation...The Sicorax were destroyed...as were the Sontarans...I know it doesn't seem important...but there's no explanation how those are alive...

Did anyone else notice the reference to Captain Jack in the episode? He appears to now have one arm...or dead... You know when River Song is in that place and drugs the big blue man...

1. It's the same place we last see Captain Jack at the end of series 4 when the Doctor says goodbye to him. Same aliens can be seen in the background...
2. The blue guys intends to give River Song a vortex manipulator...the thing that Captain Jack had on his wrist so he could jump through time...
3. He says "I borrowed it off a handsome time agent"
4. He says "I wanted it off the wrist" to the servent alien dude...

« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 01:12 by Latias Tamer »
Yes.

Offline Snagprophet

• Electric Master
  • Sentret Fan
  • Shocking
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: June 20, 2010, 01:25 »
^
Wow, lol, that actually makes sense. I didn't listen to that conversation as closely. So I guess it refers to that lol.

Offline The Librarian

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: June 20, 2010, 09:04 »
2. The blue guys intends to give River Song a vortex manipulator...the thing that Captain Jack had on his wrist so he could jump through time...

But the Doctor locked it at the end of Last of the Time Lords so Captain Jack couldn't jump about through time didn't he?

Also on the subject of the aliens. I can understand how the Daleks got there; they can travel through space and time after all. But the Cybermen? From what I can remember, the original series Cybermen had time travel, but the Cybusmen weren't that advanced. The last time they were seen, they had been working on their first spaceship; the CyberKing. The only reason they appeared in Victorian London was because they fell out of the Void or something didn't they.

The Sontarans don't have time travel, and neither do the Nestene and the Autons. The Silurians shouldn't have been there since, at this point in history they should have still been hibernating. Don't know much about the Hoix, Blowfish or the Roboforms or their tech, so can't say for certain on them. The Sycorax didn't seem advanced enough, and neither do the Weevils. Plus, has the Doctor ever even been in conflict with the Weevils?

Then theres the Judoon and the Atraxi; don't know if they possessed time travel, but they were both sort of space police; surely they would know that the Doctor wouldn't blow up the universe.

And one other thing; I've not seem many old series episodes, and none with the Draconians in, but from what I've read, weren't they allies of the Doctor. Or at least, enemies of the Daleks. Why would they work with the Daleks to trap the Doctor?

And one very last thing; I see the Cybermen are stealing catchphrases now, "You will be assimilated". I'm surprised there wasn't a "Resistance is futile" in there as well.
"SOME PEOPLE WILL DO ANYTHING FOR THE SHEER FASCINATION OF DOING IT, said Death. OR FOR FAME. OR BECAUSE THEY SHOULDN'T."

Offline Snagprophet

• Electric Master
  • Sentret Fan
  • Shocking
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: June 20, 2010, 09:40 »
But the Doctor locked it at the end of Last of the Time Lords so Captain Jack couldn't jump about through time didn't he?

He used it at the end of Children of Earth so I assume it works lol.

Offline The Librarian

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: June 20, 2010, 09:51 »
He used it at the end of Children of Earth so I assume it works lol.

He used it to contact a ship on the edge of the Solar System who then beamed him up; he didn't use it to time travel.
"SOME PEOPLE WILL DO ANYTHING FOR THE SHEER FASCINATION OF DOING IT, said Death. OR FOR FAME. OR BECAUSE THEY SHOULDN'T."

Offline Snagprophet

• Electric Master
  • Sentret Fan
  • Shocking
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: June 20, 2010, 10:57 »
^
Well perhaps someone hacked it.

Offline The Librarian

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: June 20, 2010, 11:02 »
More likely the one River got was from a different Time Agent. John Hart perhaps. Or just any other one around.

Offline August J. Stuffiman IV

• Legendary Gentleman
  • Joeno Fan
  • The fourth in the prestigious line of Stuffimans.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: June 20, 2010, 12:51 »
The Sontarans don't have time travel, and neither do the Nestene and the Autons. The Silurians shouldn't have been there since, at this point in history they should have still been hibernating. Don't know much about the Hoix, Blowfish or the Roboforms or their tech, so can't say for certain on them. The Sycorax didn't seem advanced enough, and neither do the Weevils. Plus, has the Doctor ever even been in conflict with the Weevils?

Ah, but the time cracks enable time travel, which is how the Cybermen were in Victorian London in the first place. Therefore any of these potentially have time travel. Ironically, though, if they use the cracks to travel through time in order to prevent the cracks from happening, they create a time paradox. If they successfully use the cracks, it means they don't succeed. If they did succeed, they wouldn't be able to be there because there would be no crack.

Also, we know from The Doctor's talking about them that the Silurians did exist on other planets, he did not even know about the ones underground on Earth until he encountered them. Therefore, SOME may still not be in hibernation.

Then theres the Judoon and the Atraxi; don't know if they possessed time travel, but they were both sort of space police; surely they would know that the Doctor wouldn't blow up the universe.

At least the Judoon were shown to be incredibly stupid and heavy-handed when enforcing the law, and aren't in the habit of asking questions (like when they vapourised that guy in the hospital for assault). Therefore, they would see the crime (blowing up the Tardis and making cracks in the universe), and, like the others in the alliance, merely assume the Doctor was responsible and punish him accordingly.

Offline Darkwing

• Typhlosion Fan
  • I may be good... but I don't play nice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: June 20, 2010, 15:14 »
I loved it... Rory looked rather fetching in that Roman armour as well.

pokeguru V2

« Reply #1724 on: June 22, 2010, 00:48 »

That was the most impressive moment i ever seen. the ending was amazing. i would love to talk about it some more but don't want due to spoilers.