Poll

Who do you think is the best doctor who of all time?

William Hartnell
2 (2.6%)
Patrick Troughton
1 (1.3%)
Jon Pertwee
1 (1.3%)
Tom Baker
4 (5.2%)
Peter Davison
0 (0%)
Colin Baker
1 (1.3%)
Sylvester McCoy
2 (2.6%)
Paul McGann
2 (2.6%)
Christopher Eccleston
15 (19.5%)
David Tennant
32 (41.6%)
Matt Smith
17 (22.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 284217 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 20 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Hahex and Oshawott

• Number 500 of the PUK crew. Who started this anyway?
  • Joeno Fan
  • Holding on to what I haven't got.
    • View Profile
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #1740 on: June 26, 2010, 19:52 »
...wait, I dont get it. Oh well, dancing was lulz.

Offline Awkward Squirtle

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: June 26, 2010, 19:54 »
Great ending to the series. Looking forward to the Christmas ep.

Offline The Librarian

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: June 26, 2010, 20:32 »
Loved this episode. Much better in my opinion than the constant Dalek reappearances. Admittedly they did appear, but not for another screen hogging finale.

One thing that I'm a little confused about; is the current Rory the real one, or the Auton? Because when the Doctor made Big Bang 2, he should have returned. And since the Auton duplicate was pulled from Amy's mind, he didn't really have anything to do with the real one, but when the Doctor came back at the wedding reception he mentioned something about being plastic.

Also, that would mean that he's about 2000 years old; that's older than the Doctor! And if he's the real one, Amy is still technically around 2021 years old now isn't she. That's a hell of an age gap if you ask me. :P
"SOME PEOPLE WILL DO ANYTHING FOR THE SHEER FASCINATION OF DOING IT, said Death. OR FOR FAME. OR BECAUSE THEY SHOULDN'T."

Rotom48

« Reply #1743 on: June 26, 2010, 21:31 »
Loved this episode so much! It's unbelievable how one day can change your mind about a lot of things. After catching up on The Hungry Earth, Cold Blood, The Lodger & The Pandorica Opens on iPlayer I was pretty hyped up for tonight's episode. Then after tonight's episode I just thought "Hey, losing Russel and David wasn't necessarily bad." I really like Matt Smith now and definitely love Stephen Moffat. I didn't find it as confusing as my little sister and my mam but at some parts I did scratch my head. Just downloaded the Adventure Games and I'm thinking of buying the DVD and the three books... Oh, and Christmas can't come fast enough!

Offline Latias Tamer

• WOCNWORBWONWO
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: June 27, 2010, 00:40 »
Well...Steven Moffett has outdone himself... absolutely brilliant! Loved the episode to bits and I just want to watch over and over. Such a mix of comedy, emotion and adventure through out the whole episode.

I'm interested in how many times I saixd 'what?' in the first five minutes...and then 'Oh!' is the 5 minutes after. The way it was written made it so easy to understand when it could have been potentially confusing. You realised 'Oh...that's what that was!' immediately...

Fez <3

Matt Smith's dancing <3

Extremely clever how questions from the series so far we answered...especially what the '2nd doctor' from flesh and stone and the sillouette you see in the very first episode of the episode 13 Doctor.

Yet it leaves questions for the next series of what the silence was...and what actually caused the Tardis to explode...

Genius Moffett...genius...
Yes.

Offline Winston Payne

• A Real Nowhere Man
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • There I will go.
    • View Profile
    • Covered Wars, Allegedly.
« Reply #1745 on: June 27, 2010, 01:49 »
Fabulous finale; tied everything up incredibly well, such as the Flesh and Stone part (the "mistake" that the Doctor had his jacket when it got taken from him by the angels...NOT A MISTAKE!), the cracks in general and such. And damn you Moffat! Now I have to wait until next series to find out who the Big Bad is! And why couldn't the Stone Dalek pull a Dalek (2005), so all the stone would chip off, revealing the Dalek Eternal underneath (fitting name for it's situation!).

My heart literally warmed up when it was revealed how "The Lone Centurion" gallantly protected the Box for 1,894 years.

Also...how did the Doctor escape the Pandorica to give Auton!Rory the Sonic Screwdriver to free the Doctor in the first place?

Ah, who cares, have some Restrained Amy.

Yes please.

Offline Awkward Squirtle

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: June 27, 2010, 09:10 »
Also...how did the Doctor escape the Pandorica to give Auton!Rory the Sonic Screwdriver to free the Doctor in the first place?
That was him from the future. After he escaped the Pandorica, he went to give him the sonic. From the future. It's meant to be confusing.

Offline Darkwing

• Typhlosion Fan
  • I may be good... but I don't play nice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: June 27, 2010, 09:52 »
Stabilized time loop. The Doctor set at least two in motion as part of an impressive Xanatos Gambit

Offline Latias Tamer

• WOCNWORBWONWO
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: June 27, 2010, 11:50 »
The thing that's so funny is that when the Doctor comes across the dying Doctor, the dying doctor tells the Doctor his plan...which he got from the previous dying Doctor...so we have no idea where the actual plan came from...and in the end, it beomes a fixed loop....so it's essentially the same thing happening forever...within that period of time...which is clever but doesn't make sense, because we can't really comprehend it... =D I'm sure the Doctor could explain what its called though...
Yes.

Offline Sebastian Moran

• ᕦ(ಠ益ಠ)ᕤ Tries too hard
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Fan
  • the pride of roast britain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: June 27, 2010, 13:16 »
^wibbly-wobbly.. timey wimey. 

if loopy time loops aren't that big a deal.. I wonder why he went to the effort of.. writing out the post-it note again and getting a new leaflet to post through Amelia's door :v 

I did like how he kept trying to fix all the.. "right, where did you get that from? when did i tell you this?" things though, hur.. rather Blink-ish. 
I sense that Moffat likes things like that. I APPROVE. 

And we finally get a sort-of explanation lol for the duck pond that doesn't have any ducks.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 13:56 by Halfwit »

be humble,
for you are
made of earth.

be noble,
for you are
made of stars.

Offline August J. Stuffiman IV

• Legendary Gentleman
  • Joeno Fan
  • The fourth in the prestigious line of Stuffimans.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: June 27, 2010, 13:42 »
I did like how he kept trying to fix all the.. "right, where did you get that from? when did i tell you this?" things though, hur.. rather Blink-ish. 
I sense that Moffat likes things like that. I APPROVE. 

"That mop! That was what you looked like when you gave me the screwdriver 2000 years ago!"

I loved the episode, I loved how it had all been tied in to the previous episodes, really clever.

I thought the most brilliant part was the play on 'Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue.' That was sheer genius imo.

Offline Snagprophet

• Electric Master
  • Sentret Fan
  • Shocking
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: June 27, 2010, 19:41 »
Just watched it on iPlayer and I loved it. I'm glad it doesn't start a new story arc and continues the same one. I felt RTD's ones were really to try and relive the older seasons rather than try something new. I also love the references back to how the Doctor started his adventures and how he came to be called that.

Offline Latias Tamer

• WOCNWORBWONWO
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: June 28, 2010, 00:47 »
And we finally get a sort-of explanation lol for the duck pond that doesn't have any ducks.
We have? What is it?

Edit: OOOH!! They got swollowed by the crack like Amy's parents...
Yes.

Offline Angelic Lapras King

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Angel Wings! Please Guide Me And The Lapras!
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery of Maddness
« Reply #1753 on: June 28, 2010, 00:56 »
The ducks that never were.

Anyone evil enough to wipe out a bunch of ducks from existence is truly pure evil. :P

"What did I say would happen if you got onto my back Oak?"

Offline Winston Payne

• A Real Nowhere Man
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • There I will go.
    • View Profile
    • Covered Wars, Allegedly.
« Reply #1754 on: June 28, 2010, 23:53 »
The Ducks? It's quite simple.

Amy is the sole duck whom inhabited the pond.