Author Topic: Favorite Type(s)/Top 5?  (Read 3209 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MonsterMon64

Favorite Type(s)/Top 5?
« on: January 07, 2014, 12:34 »
Pretty much what it says on the tin. If you can't think of a Top 5, that's okay, just tell us about why your favorite is your favorite! Or, if you DON'T have a favorite type, stick around, maybe you'll get some insight!

Anyway, I have a solid Top 2, myself. Anything beyond that usually fluctuates. At the moment, though, it's probably something like...

1. Water: There may be a heck of a lot of Water-type Pokemon (and a ridiculous amount of Water-type gym leaders for that matter) but I've liked the Water element since before Pokemon. As such, you'll always see a Water-type on my team.

2. Fighting: It goes without saying that Fighting is one of the best offensive types in the game, but that's icing on the cake. The main draw for me is Fighting-type Pokemon themselves. While there are definitely exceptions, many Fighting-types value or uphold discipline, honor, and justice. They won't give up even when things look bleak. An admirable type, Fighting.

3. Ground: One day I decided to give raising a Hippopotas a chance. Once I got myself a Hippowdon... long story short, I was impressed. Gligar with Eviolite was a lot of fun, too. Not much else to say about Ground, but it really is an intriguing type. I guess I've always kinda liked it, to be honest, but it's only in recent years I'm starting to truly appreciate it.

4. Grass: I admit it's not the best type out there, but I'm not gonna lie: the majority of Grass-types' designs simply appeal to me. Plenty of cute ones, but quite a few cool ones, too. I dunno what it is, really. The type's just grown on me over the years, I guess!

5. [There are too many types competing for this spot in my mind atm, I'll have to get back to you guys on this.]

Well, I almost made it! So how about the rest of you?

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Type(s)/Top 5?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 13:45 »
1. Fighting

For mostly the same reasons you listed, some of which I hadn't really considered honestly. But there is no more empowering feeling than battering an opponent with pure Fighting moves. Add in a nice secondary STAB type and I'm almost always on board.

2. Fire

Honestly, this is all about power. Fire types don't beat around the bush, and they don't usually employ any strategies that require extensive thought, it's all about burning through the opposition with pure strength alone. I like that mentality, though it's definitely not how I play in competitive battling, so it's tough to explain.

3. Electric

I'm sort of just realizing this, but I really love Electric types! I find them to have charming designs in general, and are some of the more fun Pokemon to use in battles. Volt Switch alone makes them an asset, but a lot of them have pretty extensive and fancy movepools with fun and unexpected surprises. Why isn't there an Electric/Fighting type? (Please give that to Mega Electivire, Game Freak!)

4. Flying

I'm not talking about your stereotypical birds or whatever, Flying is a host to all kinds of amazing Pokemon! Scyther, Gliscor, Salamence, Dragonite, Aerodactyl, Gyarados... jeez, this list could get long! And then there are the birds too, like Xatu, Articuno, Dodrio, Talonflame, Staraptor... this is definitely an under-appreciated type!

5. Ground

I really like Ground types. I guess that's all there is to it. Nidoking, Sandslash, Swampert, Gastrodon-East, Quagsire, and Flygon are all really cool Pokemon. *Shrug*
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 17:41 »
1. Dragon

Always loved just how powerful and mythical they can be, plus I find the pseudo-Dragons (Charizard, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, etc.) to be the among the favourite for the type they are too!

2. Electric
3. Fire

Always have to have both of these types in my team whenever I'm doing a playthrough (Water too but that's primarily for HM reasons). Some of my favourite Pokémon over the years have been of these types and whilst a lot of the Electric types over the years haven't quite caught me as much as some of the earlier ones they've still had a hint of coolness about them, whereas Fire is just another powerful and enjoyable type.

4. Dark
5. Steel

Ever since both of these have been introduced they've always provided some interesting Pokémon, I've always had Scizor and Steelix as a massive association to the latter and they've been great over the years whereas Dark is another that has been enjoyable!

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 20:29 »
1. Fighting

See Richard and Monster's answers

2. Fire

See Richard's answer

3. Dragon

Flygon and goodra. 'Nuff said.

4. Dark

I feel a connection to this type somehow. Absol and umbreon are my favorites here. Just because they're dark doesn't mean they aren't elegant. Sucker Punch, dark void and other are great moves from this type.

5. Steel

High defenses, yet can become ruthless attackers with just a blink of the eye. Looking at you Aegislash.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 21:12 by ShinyBlaziken2000 »
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Wolstenholme

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 12:11 »
1 Grass
2 Dragon
3 Electric
4 Fairy
5 Steel

This is your typical conflicting typical girl versus a typical girl who typically likes your typical cute pokemon but also our typical monster dragon pokemon.

Typical.

Offline Sizacu

• Sentret Fan
  • hello everyone
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, 20:07 »
Top's always been Steel. Their high defenses and attack have always appealed to me, and I love the designs of so many steel-type Pokemon! Skarmory, Scizor, Steelix, Metagross, Aggron...

Then it's Ice, and that's because I love a lot of ice-type attacks and again the designs of the Pokemon xD Froslass, Regice (even if it terrified me in the Lucario movie), Glaceon...

Afterwards it's a 3-way tie between Dark, Ghost and Bug. Those three types appeal to me a lot, but I think Bug is currently on third place, with Ghost in 4th and Dark in 5th. Again, designs have always appealed but the colours for Bug type Pokemon just... <3

Captivating Radiant Elegant Serene Seraphic Enchanting Lovely Immortal Adorable

Are you interested in spriting, or improving it?

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 20:09 »
.....does dinosaur class as a type? xD

Nah, I don't really have a favourite type, but most my favourite pokemon would fall under the 'dinosaur' type if it existed ^^

I think Dragon would come pretty close, Dark would too (because of Sebastian Tyranitar).
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline Meowstic Royalty

• Cats.
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • WARNING: DORK
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 19:50 »
1. Fighting

Purely because of these badasses.

Other than these two, there are a lot of other amazing fighting types out there. It would take ages to list them all, but Blaziken, Infernape, Chesnaught, Emboar, Heracross and Gallade really stand out for me. Fighting not only gets five advantages under its belt, but usually gets amazing stats in Attack and Speed, making the forceful sweepers than can leave a huge dent in your opponent's team. Screw Fairies, I still think Fighting is amazing.

2. Dark

Absol-utely incredible. Scrafty and Pangoro fall under this type yet again. Dark is a type I've loved since it existed. Dark means "Evil" in Japan, and if you look at some of the Dark type Pokemon you will see why.

3. Fire

A tough type to use at first, but can deal some major damage when you get the hang of it. With six resistances, not much can touch it. Despite that, it is still one of the worst types defensively, but usually fire types pack a lot of punch to decimate the opponent's team.

4. Ghost

I think the reason Ghost has skyrocketed up the list is because of Gengar. Specifically, the mega evolution. Its a Ghost risen from hellfire, with half of it still resting in the ground. Other Ghost types like Sableye, Spiritomb, Dusknoir and Trevenant put Ghost on this list too.

5. Steel

Finally, Steel has gotten this place for being the best defensive type in the game, now getting an advantage over the seemingly powerful Fairy type. Steel is also great for attacking, as Blade Aegislash has proven. Bulky Pokemon like Skarmory and Ferrothorn are common for being defensive, allowing them to throw down some arena traps and doom the opposing team right off the bat.

Needs more Gengar

Offline Specstile

• The Hoenn and Grass type fanatic!
  • Poképprentice Runner-up
  • Sentret Fan
  • Come At Me Bro
    • View Profile
    • FaceBook, only addy if i know you D:
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2014, 22:12 »
5)Dragon
4)Ghost
3)Bug
2)Water
1)Grass

Y FC:0344-9270-9498

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2014, 17:55 »
Basing these on shiny forms.

1) Steel

I would put this down to how I used to have (and still have) a Scizor that has been EVERYWHERE with me, save Kalos. Steel types in general are fantastic, and they all have some pretty nice shiny forms. These include Bronzor, Scizor, Magnemite, Genesect, Klefki and Skarmory.

2) Water

Shiny-wise...awesome. Kyogre's shiny form is a beautiful purple colour, Palkia has a nice shiny form, Spheal has a similar shiny form to Kyogre, Clawitzer has a nice shiny form, as does Greninja, Male / Female Jellicent, Wingull, Totodile, Mudkip, Kingdra, Wooper (holy crap this is an amazing shiny), Chinchou, Lanturn and Gyarados. Big list. This would be my preferred type if it weren't for that Scizor.

3) Dragon
Here are some wonderful shinies. Tyrantrum, Noibat, Kyurem, Reshiram, Druddigon, Rayquaza, Latios / Latias, Kingdra, Flygon and...holy mother of lamb Giratina is a beautiful shiny. It's amazing.

4) Flying
Again, a few nice shinies. Mainly, Ho-oh and Lugia, Taillow and Yanmega also rank up there. Lugia is a shiny I currently own, and it is a beautiful shiny. Lugia > Ho-oh > Yanma > Yanmega > Taillow. I just enjoy some of the shinies.

5) Dark
There's a nice selection here. Cacturne, Crawdaunt, Absol, Honchkrow, Stunky, Spiritomb, Drapion, Zorua, Pawniard, Houndoom, Sableye and Sharpedo are all good shinies. This could be number 4, if it weren't for Lugia.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2014, 18:48 »
1 Grass
2 Dragon
3 Electric
4 Fairy
5 Steel

This is your typical conflicting typical girl versus a typical girl who typically likes your typical cute pokemon but also our typical monster dragon pokemon.

Typical.

Yes, completely typical.

Offline Danatales

• Demon Queen
  • Rex Fan
  • [miscellaneous grumbling]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2014, 21:27 »
Fire and Steel always duke it out for my number one spot, mostly from designs and personal love of 'mons of those types. I think Steel might edge out a little more though, right now anyway. There's too many Steel types I adore aaahh :,U

After Fire and Steel my #3 is Dragon, because dragons are rad forever and always, #4 is prrrobably Dark, lots of awesomely designed Dark types I love 'em all, and #5 is... i'm not sure. Poison or Ground, I think.

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2014, 22:50 »
Man, I'm really not sure on whole types I like because I tend to have like odd pokemon I like xD I think I'd go with this though:

1 - Fairy

There's very few pokemon in this type I don't like, in fact the only ones are Sylveon and Aromatisse. The ones I do like I absolutely love though! Slurpuff in particular is hilarious because of just how powerful it is, when it really doesn't look it. Mega Mawile is cool too, and the idea of such a small thing being able to completely obliterate the tyrants in the game is brilliant! Togekiss is always fun with it's Paraflinching too.

Although, I'm still annoyed at the spelling. Why, gf, why?

2 - Grass

Leech Seed and Spore are such brilliant moves that belong to this type, and then the pokemon are just amazing. Meganium is my fabulous little (read as humongous) dinosaur, and Whimsicott is annoying as ever with prankster <3 Breloom is.... I don't know, but it's cool xD Synthesis is one of my favourite ideas for a move too - it always feels like it's the recovery move that has had the most thought put in!

3 - Dragon

Raaaawr xD I love dragons just because they're so fun to use. Yeah, you COULD kill the opponent by toxic stalking, but where's the fun in that when you can smash through them with Scarfed Salamence with Moxie? xD Then there's the 'weak' dragons - such as Altaria, Flygon & Noivern, those three are some of my favourite pokemon ever, Altaria in particular is such an amazing design and to say it is, rather indisputably, the weakest of this type yet can still smash through teams in the lower tiers speaks for itself about the raw power of this type.

4 - Normal

Normals often considered a boring type, but when you look at the pokemon contained a lot of them are absolutely fantastic. Porygon2 is, in particular, one of my favourites. The fact this little tiny duck can take hits from behemoths like Salamence I find brilliant. Heliolisk is another I love, it's a dinosaur that can surf yet it fires electricity. What the hell? xD

5 - Water

This type is mainly here for Shinies, if I'm honest. Most of my favourite Shinies fall under this type: Vaporeon, Kyogre, Lanturn & Walrein all spring to mind. It's also got a lot of amazing designs, like Gyarados which I used to use in almost every game when I was younger xD Empoleon is a nice part of this type too, and I love penguins which makes him even better. Pelipper is a brilliant design, and it's shiny is quite nice too!

~~~~~~

That's... Likely prone to change xD The top 3 are pretty much certain, but the last two change a lot xD
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2014, 02:24 »
I don't like Sylveon

Well, haters gonna hate. Sylveon is awesome. CM abuse is pretty good on it. UU is where it'll likely reside.

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2014, 15:32 »
1. Dragon- I've always liked Dragon Pokemon and the moves that they learn. Plus many of these Pokemon are just so cool looking!

2. Steel- Several Pokemon I like are Steel types and I have always liked the moves Meteor Mash and Doom Desire although I have never had a chance to get a Jirachi. Meteor Mash really should be learned or teachable to more Pokemon especially Hitmonchan and Lucario.

3. Fire- Another type that has many of my favorite Pokemon. Mega Blaziken is the best in my opinion because I literally beat my X version with it. Even Siebold fell to it in under 10 turns! This was the first Pokemon I ever got to level 100 without using Action Replay's experience boost code.

4. Ghost- This typing has some of the coolest Pokemon and moves around. I was so excited when I learned about Shadow Force in Gen 4 as I had wanted a move like that since RBY! I also like Pumpkaboo and Gourgeist's different sizes.

5. Dark- The ONLY type never to have a Gym so far. I like the move Beat Up and also have an idea for a Dark Gym that is led by a girl named Cassandra and the building is only open from 6 PM to 4 AM. I have always enjoyed seeing the new Dark Pokemon with each gen since GS.
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!