Poll

Who do you think is the best doctor who of all time?

William Hartnell
2 (2.6%)
Patrick Troughton
1 (1.3%)
Jon Pertwee
1 (1.3%)
Tom Baker
4 (5.2%)
Peter Davison
0 (0%)
Colin Baker
1 (1.3%)
Sylvester McCoy
2 (2.6%)
Paul McGann
2 (2.6%)
Christopher Eccleston
15 (19.5%)
David Tennant
32 (41.6%)
Matt Smith
17 (22.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 280267 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Turtlejosh

• Yay Turtles!
  • Joeno Fan
  • I don't care if it's a tortoise, it's still mine!
    • View Profile
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #450 on: July 04, 2007, 14:56 »
I think Catherine Tate will be great. She's not going to be the bride any more and will be a bit more forceful when it comes to fighting enemies. I can just imagine her character fighting the Daleks.

Offline Pinsir24

• 21st October 2007, the day I became accepted as a
  • Joeno Fan
  • Credit to Sappy for this loyal avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 04, 2007, 18:26 »
We need a character like Donna - Someone who isn't going to fall in love with the Doctor, who'll stand up to him a bit more.

That's true, but who's to say she won't fall in love with The Doctor? I can see a jealousy thing going with her and Martha. I think two female companions should be interesting, and we haven't had more than one main, long lasting assistant yet.

At last I'm a Forum Addict, you all must now... oh, oh darn. How long ago did that happen?

Offline Dandelion

• I am Pokemon no. 11 Metapod in the PUK Crew!
  • Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 04, 2007, 20:43 »
Ugh. I loathe Catherine Tate with every fibre of my being. I suppose on the plus side, unlike the Catherine Tate Show, she (hopefully) won't be writing any Doctor Who. If they wanted a femal comedy actress in the role, why not Jessica Stephenson? She was great in the episodes she was in, and would, IMHO, be better than Tate.
I'm still for DDTar for the win EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Just because he wins.
Full stop.
Yes.
;]

p.s. We always Leave out poor Metagross, whom I'm still not sure covets a Non Legandary Úber pokémon at any rate

Offline Sebastian Moran

• ᕦ(ಠ益ಠ)ᕤ Tries too hard
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Fan
  • the pride of roast britain
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: July 04, 2007, 23:56 »
-finally watched that darn episode- 

It's too late to comment on it now, surely? Ah well. I'll just say that I'll miss not having anything to watch on Saturday evenings... [though MTW is coming back on Thursday, so yay~]. The usual tacky-ish "Christmas Special" looks set to be... well, the usual special-ish type. 

Catherine Tate being in Doctor Who more wut? Uh... I'm long sick of the Catherine Tate show... which means that I'm rather dreading it if she is in it... but I don't know. I suppose it depends how she is in it... as she won't be any of the CTS characters. Or like them. <.< 

be humble,
for you are
made of earth.

be noble,
for you are
made of stars.

Offline Latias Tamer

• WOCNWORBWONWO
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: July 05, 2007, 21:25 »
I like the news of Donna being the new companion. She'll show a bit of mixed emotion. She be able to face up to Aleins with her fiery, loud mouth tone, but still be able to show her calm side like she did at the end of the last Christmas special...

One thing thats just sprung to mind from the last two episodes... At one point, Martha, The Doctor and Jack were on the News, reported to be terrorists. Next thing we know, Martha is travelling all around the world and she is highly respected. How would she be trusted by so many people, to all say 'Doctor', yet after being reported as a terrorist the day before... o.o
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 23:53 by Latias Tamer™ »
Yes.

Offline LB

• Norwegian Wood
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • Tournée du Chat Noir
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: July 06, 2007, 08:42 »
One thing thats just sprung to mind from the last two episodes... At one point, Martha, The Doctor and Jack were on the News, reported to be terrorists. Next thing we know, Martha is travelling all around the world and she is highly respected. How would she be trusted by so many people, to all say 'Doctor', yet after being reported as a terrorist the day before... o.o

Because it was 'Mr Saxon' that told everyone they were terrorists... then 'Mr Saxon' murdered 1/10 of the human race on live tv... So I imagine nobody trusted him too much after that.
"It occurred to me that this was what you might get if Walt Disney did an animated version of a Munch painting."

"It seemed to me that the longest imaginable distance separated irregular German verb forms from this kitchen table."

Offline Dandelion

• I am Pokemon no. 11 Metapod in the PUK Crew!
  • Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: July 06, 2007, 13:35 »
Because it was 'Mr Saxon' that told everyone they were terrorists... then 'Mr Saxon' murdered 1/10 of the human race on live tv... So I imagine nobody trusted him too much after that.

But didn't the Doctor make everyone forget about him decimating the population?
I'm still for DDTar for the win EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Just because he wins.
Full stop.
Yes.
;]

p.s. We always Leave out poor Metagross, whom I'm still not sure covets a Non Legandary Úber pokémon at any rate

Offline LB

• Norwegian Wood
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • Tournée du Chat Noir
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: July 06, 2007, 15:32 »
But didn't the Doctor make everyone forget about him decimating the population?

Yes, but Latias Tamer was talking about Martha's travels in the 'year that never was' and how everybody trusted and loved her. Before the Doctor pressed his nice big reset button.
"It occurred to me that this was what you might get if Walt Disney did an animated version of a Munch painting."

"It seemed to me that the longest imaginable distance separated irregular German verb forms from this kitchen table."

Offline Deathmore

• Must reach 1 post a day rate
  • Joeno Fan
  • Volkner-The 4th Hokage?
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 06, 2007, 17:08 »
Sonna being a companion is going to be good lemme hope there's some comedy in it. also it's gonna be like this:

"It's been time doctor"
"I know it has.so what do you say"
"You know what, i will as long as you don't explain everything complicatedly"

Offline Angelic Lapras King

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Angel Wings! Please Guide Me And The Lapras!
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery of Maddness
« Reply #459 on: August 03, 2007, 11:03 »
The Sun's reporting that James Nesbitt could be in line to be the 11th Doctor. Thoughts? o.o

"What did I say would happen if you got onto my back Oak?"

Offline The Librarian

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 03, 2007, 11:13 »
I think this would accuratly describe my thoughts on the matter:

Nooooooooooooooo

* The Librarian doesn't like him
"SOME PEOPLE WILL DO ANYTHING FOR THE SHEER FASCINATION OF DOING IT, said Death. OR FOR FAME. OR BECAUSE THEY SHOULDN'T."

Offline FaFniR

• Sentret Fan
  • You maybe got lucky for a few good years
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 03, 2007, 11:25 »
The Sun's reporting that James Nesbitt could be in line to be the 11th Doctor. Thoughts? o.o

Nononononononononono. NO. I HATE him. Catherine Tate as a companion? Oh fine, whatever. But James Nesbitt? As the Doctor? It must not happen.

"Footloose and fancy-free, we set off among the adventure towns, seeking the next place, rather than our fortunes."

Role Play Riffs

LOL JOHTO REMAKE

Offline Xagor

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 03, 2007, 11:35 »
What's wrong with him? No idea if he'd make a good doctor but he was good in Jekyll.
3DS Friend Code:1676 3937 3524
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
http://tcgshiyo.wordpress.com/

Offline KJ| Darkrai..Reaper of Poke'death

• Totally eating your dreams since 2007.
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • I am Pokemon #3, Venasaur, in the PUK Pokemon crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 03, 2007, 12:16 »
What's wrong with him? No idea if he'd make a good doctor but he was good in Jekyll.

I agree, every one pretty much said the same about Christopher Eccelston, but he made a great Doctor, no?
James Nesbitt is an excellent actor who can portray many roles, and is excellent in Jekyll.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 18:15 by KJ|Deadpool,Hero for hire. »
sak

Offline Korronos

• Sprite God
  • Psythor Fan
  • Hi
    • View Profile
    • My Own Forum
« Reply #464 on: August 03, 2007, 18:07 »
I Read In The Sun That James Nesbit Is The Next Doctor... I Loved Jekyll.
Dear Who Ever Is Reading This
                                          If You Are Reading This You May Discover You Can Read. If You Cant Read This There Is No Point In Putting What I Was Going To Put Here.