Poll

Who do you think is the best doctor who of all time?

William Hartnell
2 (2.6%)
Patrick Troughton
1 (1.3%)
Jon Pertwee
1 (1.3%)
Tom Baker
4 (5.2%)
Peter Davison
0 (0%)
Colin Baker
1 (1.3%)
Sylvester McCoy
2 (2.6%)
Paul McGann
2 (2.6%)
Christopher Eccleston
15 (19.5%)
David Tennant
32 (41.6%)
Matt Smith
17 (22.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 280095 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline FaFniR

• Sentret Fan
  • You maybe got lucky for a few good years
    • View Profile
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #1050 on: June 21, 2008, 20:32 »
Wonder if any of them will use their pens from series 3 to beat the Daleks? XD XD XD

"Vision is impaired! I cannot see!"

XD

There's a throwback to that line in the next episode, actually. xD

"Footloose and fancy-free, we set off among the adventure towns, seeking the next place, rather than our fortunes."

Role Play Riffs

LOL JOHTO REMAKE

Offline Angelic Lapras King

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Angel Wings! Please Guide Me And The Lapras!
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery of Maddness
« Reply #1051 on: June 21, 2008, 20:48 »
Well, I must say, that was truely fantastic! Welldone Mr. Davies. I've been waiting all week for that one, but I think I'm gonna be even more anxious to watch this one. The whole series fitted together really well, and it's been set up for a fantastic finale. Seems like the TARDIS gave off it's warning signal, but I wonder how the Doctor knew it meant to end of the Universe... =p
Red= Doomsday? Can't possibly mean fluffy bunnies... XP

Doctor Who Confidential has pretty much confirmed that who we suspected is the 'Ultimate Boss'.
Yeah, they kinda ruined that, but we all knew anyway...

Righto, wonder what the old lady with the Jadoon's part is in all of this? The Jadoon hunt criminals right? Davros maybe? Would be awesome if another alien race came out of the blue.

Did wonder if maybe Torchwood is holding Davros imprisoned. Could explain the Dalek invasion...

Sarah Jane's side kick or whatever was in the trailer according to my friend, so a Sarah Jane Adventures Crossover as well as Torchwood.

Trailer again if anyone wants to endlessly watch it for clues

Don't worry, its the BBC's Youtube page. ;)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 20:51 by Angelic Lapras King »

"What did I say would happen if you got onto my back Oak?"

Offline Rodders: Professional Sweep & Polar Bear Extraordinaire

• Rodders the Polar Bear
  • Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: June 21, 2008, 21:02 »
Well, I must say, that was truely fantastic! Welldone Mr. Davies. I've been waiting all week for that one, but I think I'm gonna be even more anxious to watch this one. The whole series fitted together really well, and it's been set up for a fantastic finale. Seems like the TARDIS gave off it's warning signal, but I wonder how the Doctor knew it meant to end of the Universe... =p
the cloister bells. do you remember the bell sound in the tardis? that was the tardis warning signal. it was in last seasons finale (when the master had it) and in the special episode for comic relif (time crash).

Click here OR here to feed me a Rare Canady!

Diamond
Rodders
1762 5127 3420

Even Funnier Sig

Offline Winston Payne

• A Real Nowhere Man
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • There I will go.
    • View Profile
    • Covered Wars, Allegedly.
« Reply #1053 on: June 21, 2008, 21:35 »
Turn Left was brilliant.

Probably the most striking part of that episode was where the Italian family were getting taken away to the "Labour Camps", talking about "Britain for the British". A very powerful, hard-hitting concept used there, Especially with Donna's Grandfather saying "That's what they said last time. It's happening again." It [the "Labour Camps" prospect] seemed so out of the blue yet, in relation to the story, very relevant, poginant, and perhaps a vision of what would happen in a V For Vendetta style government?

I hope that they haven't changed the design of the Daleks too much. From what I saw in the trailer, it looks a bit too angular (of course, unless it's a Dalek Supremeish kind of Dalek, or a fully cased Davros.)

Another thing I liked about Turn Left was how every companion's fate was explained. I was thinking "What about the Master/Mr. Saxon and the Toclafane invasion incident?", then I realised that Without the Doctor's Intervention, Prof. Yana would never have known about the watch and remembered his Time Lord past. Thus he would never have nicked off with the TARDIS and become Mr. Saxon anyway.

Offline 1794mew

• Im #027 Sandshrew in the Puk crew version 3. "If the world chooses to become my enemy, I will fight like I always have."
  • Joeno Fan
  • Awww Ain't He Cute *Huggles* Thanks Lorem
    • View Profile
    • Twilight Realm
« Reply #1054 on: June 21, 2008, 22:01 »
I was thinking "What about the Master/Mr. Saxon and the Toclafane invasion incident?", then I realised that Without the Doctor's Intervention, Prof. Yana would never have known about the watch and remembered his Time Lord past. Thus he would never have nicked off with the TARDIS and become Mr. Saxon anyway.
Also without the Doctor there wouldn't be a TARDIS to nick.
Thanks Catstorm
[Sig under creation]

Offline Latias Tamer

• WOCNWORBWONWO
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: June 21, 2008, 23:13 »
Another thing I liked about Turn Left was how every companion's fate was explained. I was thinking "What about the Master/Mr. Saxon and the Toclafane invasion incident?", then I realised that Without the Doctor's Intervention, Prof. Yana would never have known about the watch and remembered his Time Lord past. Thus he would never have nicked off with the TARDIS and become Mr. Saxon anyway.
I listened carefully when the tank fired the missile at the Racnoss Ship. Originally the officer said 'Order's  from Mr. Saxon. Fire at will.', yet this time he just shouted 'FIRE!'
Yes.

Offline FaFniR

• Sentret Fan
  • You maybe got lucky for a few good years
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: June 21, 2008, 23:19 »
Red= Doomsday? Can't possibly mean fluffy bunnies... XP

Red Dalek = Harriet Jones. No, really.

"Footloose and fancy-free, we set off among the adventure towns, seeking the next place, rather than our fortunes."

Role Play Riffs

LOL JOHTO REMAKE

Offline Deathmore

• Must reach 1 post a day rate
  • Joeno Fan
  • Volkner-The 4th Hokage?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: June 22, 2008, 11:41 »
The ending is the one to end it all. I muist say they've tied everything into place and by judging by the trailer doctor who program deserves a year off. The next episode trailer says it all. Everyone(everyone important) from season 1-4 will be in that finally. It seems to be the ending of all endings.

So this is the Bad Wolf Saga and the end is near.

Offline Darkphoenix

• Sentret Fan
  • Theres a hole in the soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: June 22, 2008, 12:23 »
Wooooow~

That was a fantastic Doctor Who episode 8D Just when you think Donna's escaped the crisis something even worse happens!

I've absolutely LOVED this series of Doctor Who w/Catherine Tate... I shall definitely be buying thsi on DVD when its released!
In the dark all the screams have stories / and they all end here

Offline Deathmore

• Must reach 1 post a day rate
  • Joeno Fan
  • Volkner-The 4th Hokage?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: June 22, 2008, 13:13 »
Seeing as doctor who will come back in 2010 i wont be suprised a new tardis interior is made. And sonic screwdriver upgrade. About time it happened

Offline August J. Stuffiman IV

• Legendary Gentleman
  • Joeno Fan
  • The fourth in the prestigious line of Stuffimans.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: June 22, 2008, 13:24 »
And sonic screwdriver upgrade.

Quite possibly, since the one that River Song had (from the future Doctor) was a different design, and far more sophisticated than his current one.

Offline Angelic Lapras King

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Angel Wings! Please Guide Me And The Lapras!
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery of Maddness
« Reply #1061 on: June 22, 2008, 15:26 »
Seeing as doctor who will come back in 2010 i wont be suprised a new tardis interior is made. And sonic screwdriver upgrade. About time it happened
We re getting 3 specials in 09. 2010 is series 5. :)

Usually, new producer means new title opening, so at least expect that. Its all up to Moffat...

"What did I say would happen if you got onto my back Oak?"

Offline Makoto Niijima

• Formerly known as Juri Han.I am number 165 Ledyba in the PKMN crew 3. I <3 Rex. PSN is: JuriRyuugu
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • I'm a member of S. T. A. R. S.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: June 22, 2008, 15:56 »
Last night's episode was brilliant and I can't wait for next weeks which looks absolutely awesome since it has my favourite aliens the Daleks and it looks like it's going to crossover with Torchwood and the Sarah Jane adventures

Rex made the awesome sig <3

Sakura
Thanks to Psychic Fire for my adorable Ledyba

Thanks Jaze Briena for my Ledyba recoloured as Glaceon =)

pokeguru V2

« Reply #1063 on: June 22, 2008, 17:33 »
everyone dies! WOW! I paled when I realised what they meant by "it's happening again."(which was in about 2.9 seconds XD). But why does Britain have to go and turn Fascist, everytime a huge event that overthrows the government, happens? It could be from the time when punks was around where people thought that we will be like Nazi's in the near future... (V for Vendetta.
Judge Dread.)

Well let just look at Titanic. I thought that the man who wanted to crash it, was trying blow up the PLANET! The Doctor said that the engines when they crash will be able to blast apart Earth. But it didn't. It just blew up southern England! how did that happen?

well this should be a lesson. What you do will result into some better,or worse as a whole.

Offline Latias Tamer

• WOCNWORBWONWO
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: June 22, 2008, 23:47 »
well this should be a lesson. What you do will result into some better,or worse as a whole.
Well I hope that me, leaving at 8:20 rather than 8:15 tomorrow morning, won't result in half of the planet exploding in a ball of flames... =p It's not much of a lesson, because there's nothing to learn from it... because most of the time, you don't know what will happen as a result of your actions...
Yes.