Author Topic: Stupid Things Customers Say  (Read 3442 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
Re: Stupid Things Customers Say
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2016, 01:24 »
That reminds me of when I worked at a coffee shop... some lady came in and got a 16 ounce hot coffee with like 10 creams and 8 sugars iirc. For the record, a 16 oz hot regular has 2 creams and 2 sugars. I could only fit in enough coffee to melt the sugar and a tiny splash on top, and when I handed it out the window to her I stood in front of the window because I was like, "no way a human being will have a sip of it and want the rest". Especially since that "hot" coffee was lukewarm at best. She takes a sip and makes a content noise and says, "it's perfect! thank you!"

Like why not just buy a container of heavy cream at Walmart, literally right down the street?

bonus story: one time the owner of the shop i was at got another woman who wanted about that much cream. she was like, "wow, that's going to almost fill the cup with cream, are you sure you want that?" and then the lady started screaming like, "ARE YOU CALLING ME FAT?!" and my boss was so taken aback hahaha that day she learned just do whatever the customer asks. there is no logic when you deal with the public.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 01:27 by the kpyna dragon »

Offline The biscquiat dragon

• Kris
  • Rex Fan
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2016, 08:32 »
I like it that way. I mean, I'm allergic anyway so it doesn't matter.

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2016, 11:27 »
That reminds me of when I worked at a coffee shop... some lady came in and got a 16 ounce hot coffee with like 10 creams and 8 sugars iirc. For the record, a 16 oz hot regular has 2 creams and 2 sugars. I could only fit in enough coffee to melt the sugar and a tiny splash on top, and when I handed it out the window to her I stood in front of the window because I was like, "no way a human being will have a sip of it and want the rest". Especially since that "hot" coffee was lukewarm at best. She takes a sip and makes a content noise and says, "it's perfect! thank you!"

But this is exactly how I like my coffee. And perhaps I don't want it to be at the same temperature as it was when it came from the pot. Not everyone like strong bitter coffee.
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2016, 00:58 »
i really hesitate to call that coffee though. i think if i drank that i'd immediately die. just buy some cream and an extra small coffee and splash a lil coffee in the cream and bam i've just saved you like $2-3.

Offline The biscquiat dragon

• Kris
  • Rex Fan
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2016, 07:38 »
I hesitate to think anyone is coming in there to save money.

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2016, 10:34 »
Is cream in america like single/double cream over here?? Basically stuff you pour and have with dessert, single is thinner than double (which you can mix into whipped cream, or just buy lol). Or is it like those little pots of ~milk~ that aren't actually milk? I'm just imagining someone drinking a huge cup of slightly coffee flavoured cream yuck.

Had a woman in yesterday wanting some chorizo. I'm still not 100% sure with the continental meats but anyways. She was like "do you take the skin off?" I wasn't sure and there was no one around to ask so I just said no. She said "Well tesco take it off!!!" and then proceeded to get more snappy with me like if you want skinless chorizo then go to tesco then.

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2016, 11:51 »
But this is exactly how I like my coffee. And perhaps I don't want it to be at the same temperature as it was when it came from the pot. Not everyone like strong bitter coffee.

has anyone told you about warm milk yet?

thanks gl <3

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2016, 13:30 »
Actually it tastes more like coffee ice cream when you do it correctly. You can't even manage to keep the coffee warm enough to drink without burning off your tongue but not too cold either. It takes practice to do this.

The tables were turned.

Plz Click!

Offline the bread dragon

• my furniture has come alive
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2016, 13:35 »
bow to your coffee overlord

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2016, 22:00 »
I can also make fried rice that tastes very good and that has little salt added to it.

The tables were turned.

Plz Click!

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2016, 23:21 »
Is cream in america like single/double cream over here?? Basically stuff you pour and have with dessert, single is thinner than double (which you can mix into whipped cream, or just buy lol). Or is it like those little pots of ~milk~ that aren't actually milk? I'm just imagining someone drinking a huge cup of slightly coffee flavoured cream yuck.

Not sure exactly -- we use Half & Half at the coffee shop. So I guess that's somewhere between half cream and single cream, it's like 15% milkfat.

Also, if money is no object to them in their quest for fatty sugary drinks, can they drop $5 in the tip jar instead of not tipping? I made $7.25 an hour, if they throw money around like that I'd appreciate some my way.

This all may also seem extra gross to me because I'm lactose intolerant sooo keep that in mind. Also would wonder how many of my daily calories would be in it.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 23:24 by the kpyna dragon »

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2016, 10:23 »

Coffee should be black. No ifs ands or buts.

[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2016, 23:30 »
I like black coffee myself, not my favorite, but I drink it whenever I'm working so I don't get stomach upset. I'm not a total coffee elitist, my favorite is Black Raspberry made regular, but I don't know. Like drink whatever you want I guess, but I feel like if you like your coffee like that you can always get a frozen coffee drink with whipped cream. Like idk with those being an option along with the fact we have like 30 flavor pumps to mix and match really really confuses me why several people have come by wanting literally cream in a cup. We also have flavored Red Bull, smoothies, cream soda made to your specifications... nope, cream in a cup.

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2016, 09:15 »
It makes me wonder why I even go into Starbucks or Costa if I'm just having a back coffee or putting a tiny bit of milk in to drink quickly
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

Offline Clairefable

• worst jobby
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
    • abandon hope all ye who enter here
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2016, 21:09 »
Stupid cow today assuming that because her dogs would be used for training that their grooms would be free despite the fact she a) signed a contract with a price written clearly on it and b) was told that it's a 25% discount?? Eh naw we're still providing you with a service so get the money out pls.

Also I hate coffee lol