Author Topic: Laptop Power Problems  (Read 714 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
Laptop Power Problems
« on: January 03, 2014, 19:17 »
I have a Lenovo G570 Notebook (not a brand I'd recommend if you use the laptop a lot - the hinges are really bad) and a Lavolta 90W AC Adapter.  I have - rather unfortunately - noticed that the laptop won't charge very well (read: at all).  I went to use the bathroom and came back to see the power button flashing.  It was quite disgruntling, but the 'top was charging.  The button doesn't flash when the adapter is out.

Now, it won't charge at all.  The laptop works without an adapter, so I'm fairly certain that the battery is fine.  I'd like to avoid having to replace anything, but I'm taking a trip to PC World tomorrow anyway so it's not a massive deal if I do.

thanks gl <3

Offline OpalRhea

• PUK's unofficial psycho writing steampunked Charizard
  • Sentret Fan
  • Credit goes to meta spriters. Shiny Chary is smexy
    • View Profile
Re: Laptop Power Problems
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 19:30 »
If you take your laptop in and tell them that plugging it in causes issues, they should replace your charger, possibly for fairly cheap/free. That said, if it continues, it's possibly a power supply problem with your laptop, which may mean that it's easier/cheaper to replace it

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 17:21 »
Have been to PC World and got a Logik charger and have now come to the conclusion that it's a problem with the laptop.

Am furious with Lenovo - this laptop has caused more problems than it's solved, the company has a hard to navigate website and I'm bloody fed up with it.

thanks gl <3

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 23:47 »
Seems to be a power supply issue. Is it under warranty? Unfortunately laptop repairs aren't easy, the interior is like opening up a minicoop. See if you have a friend that knows about computers, or you may want to go and professionally get it fixed.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 22:59 »
My netbook won't even connect to the internet. I'm typing this out on the family computer in my mom's room. Good luck to you!
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 16:57 »
laptop's been sent to an engineer - fingers crossed i won't have to get a new one because the hinges are...

yeah, let's not talk about the hinges

thanks gl <3