Author Topic: 6th Gen Pokemon of the Week  (Read 30070 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
Re: 6th Gen Pokemon of the Week
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2014, 23:50 »
I'd love it if you'd do Slurpuff. You've heard about 50 billion sets for it off me, but I'd love to see what magc you can work on it xD
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2014, 08:09 »
Sylveon's issue has been posted!

How do you feel about Sylveon? What do you think about Eeveelutions in general? Discuss below!
Discord - richardblaziken

Wolstenholme

« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2014, 08:36 »
#RequestingHeliolisk

Although tbh I don't know how many viable sets you'll get out of him.

But yes I am requesting the sunny lizard yellow god thing because it is my baby and I love it loads

Pleeeeeeease?

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2014, 08:57 »
Challenge accepted! I think you'll be surprised, to be honest! Heliolisk is an interesting Pokemon, and I'd love to cover that one. Electric types are always fun. :3

I will try to get to all of the requests at some point or another, just don't want to do 2 Fairy types in a row and I like Heliolisk, so that's next. =P

Offline OpalRhea

• PUK's unofficial psycho writing steampunked Charizard
  • Sentret Fan
  • Credit goes to meta spriters. Shiny Chary is smexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2014, 09:19 »
You know the one type combo i really want to see? Faery/steel, with levitate. If i recall my mechanics right, that's an immunity to poison and ground as well as neutral damage from steel. The only other thing it'd really gain would be a super effective typing against other faeries but still...

As to Slyveon, it sounds kinda... Outclassed by... Vappy and Espe, and.... Basically every other OU faery. Maybe that's just me.

Are you planning on doing mega evo pages at any point?

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2014, 09:32 »
Yeah, Fairy/Steel would be interesting defensively, especially with Levitate. Only really weak to Fire, but it would have pretty big problems with Heatran resisting both STABs, unless it had some effective means to combat it.

Yeah, Sylveon is having trouble at the moment. It's one of the better special attacking Fairy types, but that's not really... necessary at this point in the metagame. It's not bad, it's just not like there's a physical wall that Azumarill or Mega Mawile just can't get past that Sylveon can. Togekiss is probably the better choice if you want a special attacking Fairy, due to it having 2 STABs, ParaFlinching capabilities, Nasty Plot, Aura Sphere, Fire Blast... yeah, that's it, Togekiss actually has a movepool! That's pretty important.

Yep! They'll be included in their own section along with the regular Pokemon once I get to past generations, which will be fairly soon-ish. I'm just focusing on new Pokemon right now, but keep an eye out, it won't be too far off before we cover our first Pokemon with a Mega Evolution!

Offline OpalRhea

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2014, 09:49 »
I vote have it learn eq. Yeah. Most of the numbers would prolly be in defence, special defense and hp if it were to be a useful wall...  Toxic, eq, recover (or something), fairy/steel stab of choice, protect (because EVERYTHING learns protect basically), scald (?)... I wanna design this thing now.

Almost all the big players have a diverse movepool/multiple viable sets. That's why they're big players.

Also... Don't hit me for this, but isn't mega blaziken basically the speed boost variety, without life orb access?

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2014, 10:04 »
Yeah, that was a jab at Sylveon's movepool =P

Mega Blaziken is marginally less powerful than LO Speed Boost Blaziken, but with higher Speed, slightly better bulk, and no Life Orb recoil.

Offline OpalRhea

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2014, 10:06 »
I know. But sarcasm doesn't come across well in text.

And fair enough. And honestly, a bit less power for the lack of recoil is a good payoff

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2014, 10:07 »
Speaking of Sylveon, I am surprised that you didn't mention Specs Sylveon. I've used it and honestly, it is insanely powerful. Hyper Voice backed by Specs and Pixilate hits incredibly hard, and Shadow Ball does dent the Steel types that may switch in on you (though you only get to hit Scizor on the switch or you risk dying).

Of course, the move pool can be a limitation, but I use Hyper Voice / Shadow Ball / HP Ground or Fire / Wish or Psyshock. You could use HP Fire over Shadow Ball and run Wish if you are desperate for a Wish user...

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2014, 10:18 »
Speaking of Sylveon, I am surprised that you didn't mention Specs Sylveon. I've used it and honestly, it is insanely powerful. Hyper Voice backed by Specs and Pixilate hits incredibly hard, and Shadow Ball does dent the Steel types that may switch in on you (though you only get to hit Scizor on the switch or you risk dying).

Of course, the move pool can be a limitation, but I use Hyper Voice / Shadow Ball / HP Ground or Fire / Wish or Psyshock. You could use HP Fire over Shadow Ball and run Wish if you are desperate for a Wish user...

The problem with specs sylveon is that, for the most part, Togekiss is just... better.

Firstly, Togekiss has 20 more base speed, letting it outspeed Blissey, Scizor & Tyranitar.

Secondlu, Togekiss has Fire Blast, letting it run HP ground without losing to Ferrothorn

Thirdly, Togekiss has a secondary STAB that has a 60% flinch rate.

Fourthly, It's more phyically solid thab sylveon.

Finally, Togekiss has 10 more SpA

Of course, Togekiss' primary STAB is significantly weakere (37 BP less), But it's better stats and movepool more than account for this.
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2014, 10:25 »
Aha! Great idea, Spriter, I don't know why I didn't think of that! And that marks a special occasion too! For the first time ever, I have edited the issue to include a new set, crediting you, Spriter! Thanks! ^_^

@Dick, it is an option, however, and Sylveon's easily spam-able Hyper Voice can make it an appealing one with the right support, so I very much encourage people to speak up with set ideas I may have missed! I still think Togekiss is the overall better choice, however, so I'm in agreement on most of what you've said. Still, Sylveon does lack a weakness to Stealth Rock, so that's handy.

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2014, 10:40 »
Togekiss is good, but without Roost, that SR weakness is a pain. So you lose out on running a coverage move (Aura Sphere / HP Ground), but it does have better stats and coverage. However, it doesn't like Ice type priority (Weavile / Mamoswine but Weavile is rare and Mamo beats both fairies anyways).

But in the end, Specs Sylveon mows down a lot of stuff.

Offline Awkward Squirtle

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2014, 14:31 »
Can we just take a moment to leave theory and think about the implications of a steel fairy's design. I mean that thing could be absolutely awesome. Like a suit of armour type of thing maybe? Evolving from a good helmet (ie not shelmet)?

Wolstenholme

« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2014, 15:39 »
*whispers* Shelmet was cute *whispers*

Also, no one has mentioned the fact that we already have Steel Fairies... or is this me missing out on part of the point altogether.