Poll

Who do you think is the best doctor who of all time?

William Hartnell
2 (2.6%)
Patrick Troughton
1 (1.3%)
Jon Pertwee
1 (1.3%)
Tom Baker
4 (5.2%)
Peter Davison
0 (0%)
Colin Baker
1 (1.3%)
Sylvester McCoy
2 (2.6%)
Paul McGann
2 (2.6%)
Christopher Eccleston
15 (19.5%)
David Tennant
32 (41.6%)
Matt Smith
17 (22.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 280717 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Sir Eggs and Toast

• I can be your fanboy too!
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • m00@j00t00
    • View Profile
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #435 on: July 03, 2007, 07:25 »
Well, the US finally gets to see the Season 3 episodes.  They start up this Friday evening.  So, this should be interesting and I can finally comment on the episodes... albeit about 3 months late, but what are ya gonna do huh?  huh?  I thought as much.

I'm still perusing Season 2... so unless my DVD place hurries their rear ends up, I'll be watching Season 3 before I finish Season 2.   (Only 1/2 way through Season 2).  I miss Season 1's Doctor.  :(   However, I'm starting to like the new guy.

Cheers everyone.
<Joeno> Moo I say
<Chani> indeed.. mooo
<Chani> o.O

I be #116 - Horsea in the PUK crew.

Offline LB

• Norwegian Wood
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • Tournée du Chat Noir
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: July 03, 2007, 09:17 »
Here we go, Celebrity-To-Grab-Your-Attention Special again. Sigh... Sylvester McCoy is gonna be in it, so I'm happy about that.

Where's the evidence for this? Sylvester McCoy, I mean.

And I really found most of this season boring. Too much Martha "Are you in love with the Doctor?" moments. Every. Freakin'. Episode. Except 'Blink', since it was written by a competent person/Martha wasn't in it much.

But surely that's part of her character arc? It'd be pointless to make it part of her character in one episode, and ignore it in another. And I think that's a very realistic, human response to the Doctor.
"It occurred to me that this was what you might get if Walt Disney did an animated version of a Munch painting."

"It seemed to me that the longest imaginable distance separated irregular German verb forms from this kitchen table."

Offline LAClennell

• Playstation Network and Xbox Live gamer
  • Joeno Fan
  • Mirage of Deceit
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: July 03, 2007, 09:37 »
Apparently, Kylie Monouge is gonna be in the Christmas Special. She is a Waitress on the Titanic
I only use original Pokéballs to catch Pokémon, nothing else. This is the sign of a true Pokémon Expert

Offline LB

• Norwegian Wood
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • Tournée du Chat Noir
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 03, 2007, 09:58 »
Apparently, Kylie Monouge is gonna be in the Christmas Special. She is a Waitress on the Titanic

Read the topic before you post.
"It occurred to me that this was what you might get if Walt Disney did an animated version of a Munch painting."

"It seemed to me that the longest imaginable distance separated irregular German verb forms from this kitchen table."

Offline LAClennell

• Playstation Network and Xbox Live gamer
  • Joeno Fan
  • Mirage of Deceit
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 03, 2007, 10:00 »
Couldn't be bothered to
I am a bit peeded of because I am still in College..
and I failed my KS english exam AGAIN!
I only use original Pokéballs to catch Pokémon, nothing else. This is the sign of a true Pokémon Expert

Offline LB

• Norwegian Wood
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • Tournée du Chat Noir
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: July 03, 2007, 10:18 »
Couldn't be bothered to

That's no excuse. Not reading the topic means repetition and irrelevance - and we call that spam.

Offline FaFniR

• Sentret Fan
  • You maybe got lucky for a few good years
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: July 03, 2007, 16:34 »
Where's the evidence for this? Sylvester McCoy, I mean.

The Wiki page had it on Saturday. Damn, someone removed it. Oh well, it must've just been a rumour.

But surely that's part of her character background? It'd be pointless to make it part of her character in one episode, and ignore it in another. And I think that's a very realistic, human response to the Doctor.

You mean 'character background' (just friendly correction) :). Well, it is an important aspect of Martha, but I think they could've carried it out a little better. In 'The Family of Blood', for instance, they carried it out well (e.g. "We need him..." "I love him to bits!") with Martha's speech. I just think they throw it into the episodes each time without much thought. It is carried out well sometimes, as I pointed out above, but the dialogue could've been handled better most of the time. The concept is great, Martha showing feelings for the Doctor, who she knows will never return those feelings. I just think it wasn't interesting enough when actually presented on-screen.

"Footloose and fancy-free, we set off among the adventure towns, seeking the next place, rather than our fortunes."

Role Play Riffs

LOL JOHTO REMAKE

Offline Deathmore

• Must reach 1 post a day rate
  • Joeno Fan
  • Volkner-The 4th Hokage?
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 03, 2007, 18:35 »
Thats another year down i'm gonna have to watch blink in the summer on bbc 3 since i watched the last 10 minutes. but then id have to wait through CE's not as good as DT performance and then through the chav and DT.(i only said chav coz i got bored of series 2 after watching it twice)

Offline The Librarian

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 04, 2007, 08:57 »
Bit of Series 4 info. I said that the new companion would be revealed soon. And apparently:

"Catherine Tate will return as Donna Noble for the entire 13-week run."

Thoughts ?

* The Librarian is not happy
"SOME PEOPLE WILL DO ANYTHING FOR THE SHEER FASCINATION OF DOING IT, said Death. OR FOR FAME. OR BECAUSE THEY SHOULDN'T."

Offline Dragonpika

• Call me Kay~
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • blub!
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 04, 2007, 10:50 »
... you're kidding me.

You're actually joking.

Please tell me that isn't official? ;_;

wake up, kids
    we've got the dreamers disease

Offline Enigma

• Here to train for the Kanto League 8]
  • Elite Four Member
  • Joeno Fan
  • Back for a bit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 04, 2007, 11:00 »
Bit of Series 4 info. I said that the new companion would be revealed soon. And apparently:

"Catherine Tate will return as Donna Noble for the entire 13-week run."

Thoughts ?

* The Librarian is not happy

You're not happy!? Think how the Doctor wil feel, having to put up with her all the way round the Universe! I think my Doctor relationship just ended...bring back Adam, I say. He was amusing. (I doubt if anyone remembers Adam...he was the one in the first episode with the Daleks in Season 1 of the new batch...)

Catherine Tate is an awful actresss. And yeah, the Christmas Special is going to suck, as it always does...

*sigh*

Roll on Torchwood, though Martha's in that now as well...God, you just can't escape her...

Offline The Librarian

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 04, 2007, 11:03 »
... you're kidding me.

You're actually joking.

Please tell me that isn't official? ;_;

I'm afraid its true. Its on the BBC Website.

I think I may be about to cry.... Too late   :'(

Also, a quote from RTD:

"Catherine was an absolute star in The Runaway Bride and we are delighted that one of Britain's greatest talents has agreed to join us for the fourth series"

I think hes gone mad.
"SOME PEOPLE WILL DO ANYTHING FOR THE SHEER FASCINATION OF DOING IT, said Death. OR FOR FAME. OR BECAUSE THEY SHOULDN'T."

Offline Dragonpika

• Call me Kay~
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • blub!
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: July 04, 2007, 11:50 »
I have to admit, I quite liked her near the end of the Christmas special, where she -actually- showed emotion... but an entire series with her?

It might not be that bad... we'll just have to wait and see I guess.

I second the "Roll on Torchwood" motion.

wake up, kids
    we've got the dreamers disease

Offline FaFniR

• Sentret Fan
  • You maybe got lucky for a few good years
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: July 04, 2007, 12:03 »
I give up on RTD. He's still under the impression he's writing some joyful mess where you can throw in anyone or anything stupid and get away with it.

Catherine Tate... Brr, the horror!

Doctor Who ain't what it used to be.

@Enigma: Adam had as much charisma as a calculator.

"Footloose and fancy-free, we set off among the adventure towns, seeking the next place, rather than our fortunes."

Role Play Riffs

LOL JOHTO REMAKE

Offline LB

• Norwegian Wood
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • Tournée du Chat Noir
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: July 04, 2007, 12:27 »
Dare I say...

Give her a chance?

We need a character like Donna - Someone who isn't going to fall in love with the Doctor, who'll stand up to him a bit more.

Wait and see. She was written for the Christmas Special... And she had changed by the end of it. So perhaps she will be a little differently and more deeply written for the next series.