Poll

Who do you think is the best doctor who of all time?

William Hartnell
2 (2.6%)
Patrick Troughton
1 (1.3%)
Jon Pertwee
1 (1.3%)
Tom Baker
4 (5.2%)
Peter Davison
0 (0%)
Colin Baker
1 (1.3%)
Sylvester McCoy
2 (2.6%)
Paul McGann
2 (2.6%)
Christopher Eccleston
15 (19.5%)
David Tennant
32 (41.6%)
Matt Smith
17 (22.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 283834 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Danse_Maxavarious

Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #615 on: December 17, 2007, 00:33 »
Erm, as far as I know. David Tennant won't be leaving the show anytime soon. His regenartion are just false rumors. And I don't think the Dalek will return this series...well I hope not anyway...

Maybe Cybermen will be involved when Rose returns...

David Tennant won't be leaving (shame, not my favourite Doctor - Chris was good), but TV magazine's have now started to state that Davros WILL be returning - and where there is Davros.. THERE BE DALEKS ME HEARTIES!!

Was anyone else hoping this was going to be the series without Daleks? Or was it just me?

Whether or not this is just another TV-Land rumour, or a genuine leak we'll just have to wait and see.

Anyone else think the Sontarans are looking a bit shoddy in their new form?? I remember then looking a bit more battle weary than in the promo shot? And taller..

Offline Angelic Lapras King

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Angel Wings! Please Guide Me And The Lapras!
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery of Maddness
« Reply #616 on: December 17, 2007, 00:38 »
There have been many rumblings about Davros returning, so I m guessing its getting more and more likely.

"What did I say would happen if you got onto my back Oak?"

Danse_Maxavarious

« Reply #617 on: December 17, 2007, 00:46 »
There have been many rumblings about Davros returning, so I m guessing its getting more and more likely.

All current rumours on Davros' casting have been rejected though. In my opinion Davros is likely to return as a special effect rather than an actor. I believe in Colin Baker's Doctor he is merely a head by that point & in a similar stat by the time Silvester McCoy meets up with him.

As the Doctor has aged a couple of hundred years in his time-off from screen, does this mean we'll be seeing an even MORE decrepid Davros??

*Lol* Any bets on what he'll look like?

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: December 17, 2007, 01:41 »
In the Colin Baker Davros eps, he was just a head that moved left and right. HOWEVER, in part 2, it was reveal that was not the real Davros and the real Davros entered in his more familor state after the fake was destroyed.

I know because I have it on DVD.

Danse_Maxavarious

« Reply #619 on: December 17, 2007, 02:01 »
In the Colin Baker Davros eps, he was just a head that moved left and right. HOWEVER, in part 2, it was reveal that was not the real Davros and the real Davros entered in his more familor state after the fake was destroyed.

I know because I have it on DVD.
*Chuckle* The depths of your knowledge never fail to amaze me Lapras, though I still want credits as I was working off of memory. Still, he will be 'updated' - my little brother DEMANDS his dalek chair returns (and I think that's a must), but the rest of him IMO should be a special effect. Possibly an animatronic/CG cross.

• Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: December 17, 2007, 02:23 »
From Wiki

In August 2007, The Sun reported that Sir Ben Kingsley was in talks to play Davros in the 2008 series.[8] In an October 2007 interview with The Guardian, Kingsley denied any knowledge of the claim, saying "I've never heard about this.".[9]

On October 8, 2007, the Daily Star reported that the Series Four finale would featuring the Doctor battling Davros alongside several of his old companions.[10] This has not been confirmed by the BBC or any official sources. Patrick Stewart has also been linked with the role. [11] This has also not been confirmed by the BBC.

Should be noted that a Davros DVD Boxset was recently released, so that could be another hint of a Davros comeback...

Offline French Salamence

• He's coming back.
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • I'm Dracula!
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: December 17, 2007, 08:03 »
Bring on Davros. But you have got to realise that Wikipedia is the most unrealiable peace of information you can get on the net. Like once I saw that the newtenth doctor will have a lemon for a head. See what I mean?

Offline LB

• Norwegian Wood
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • TournĂ©e du Chat Noir
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: December 17, 2007, 10:39 »
Bring on Davros. But you have got to realise that Wikipedia is the most unrealiable peace of information you can get on the net. Like once I saw that the newtenth doctor will have a lemon for a head. See what I mean?

If that's true, it was probably for about thirty seconds/a few minutes. Now, how long has it said that the Tenth Doctor is played by David Tennant? A much longer period of time, I'd imagine. So what fraction of that time was Wikipedia actually incorrect?
"It occurred to me that this was what you might get if Walt Disney did an animated version of a Munch painting."

"It seemed to me that the longest imaginable distance separated irregular German verb forms from this kitchen table."

Offline French Salamence

• He's coming back.
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • I'm Dracula!
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: December 17, 2007, 15:41 »
If that's true, it was probably for about thirty seconds/a few minutes. Now, how long has it said that the Tenth Doctor is played by David Tennant? A much longer period of time, I'd imagine. So what fraction of that time was Wikipedia actually incorrect?

Good point. But maybe when Angelic Lapras King looked when there was some bogus. We will only know when the new series comes.

• Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: December 17, 2007, 19:12 »
Yes, but its not ALWAYS wrong you know.

Offline BYRON

• MINE IS THE SHOVEL WHICH SHALL PIERCE THE HEAVENS!
  • Joeno Fan
  • I HAVE NO INDOOR VOICE!!
    • View Profile
    • I HAVE PRETTY PICTURES!!
« Reply #625 on: December 18, 2007, 06:52 »
Yes, but its not ALWAYS wrong you know.

It's right about Doctor Who being a long-running sci-fi show, at least. :P

On the subject of Davros returning, it's pretty much inevitable now, given that there is only one Dalek in the entire universe as of now. Most likely he'll clone more Daleks so that writers can keep pulling them out for future episodes.
I'm #409 Rampardos in the PUK Pokemon crew!

Quote from: Dracon, on the 2007 Transformers movie
"LOLZ WE NEEDS TEH CYUBE TO TRANFORM ERTH TECHNOLOGY INTO SUPAR ROBAOTS AND TAKE OVER TEH UNIVERSE, KAY?"

Danse_Maxavarious

« Reply #626 on: December 20, 2007, 02:32 »
From Wiki

Should be noted that a Davros DVD Boxset was recently released, so that could be another hint of a Davros comeback...

So far it appears people are picking famous bald actors & making wikipedia entries for them being Davros - if I was making another... if I was making a false entry in Wiki, thats what I'd do.

Seeing as the Davros has always been a man in near complete head make-up, there is no reason why the actor playing Davros has to be bald.. or even feature physically! I still say to keep minds open!!

On October 8, 2007, the Daily Star reported that the Series Four finale would featuring the Doctor battling Davros alongside several of his old companions.[10] This has not been confirmed by the BBC or any official sources. Patrick Stewart has also been linked with the role. [11] This has also not been confirmed by the BBC.

Very interesting, though I think Patrick Stewart has had & is still under some pretty demanding theatre comitments for a couple of plays (all the best Star Trek Captains do Shakespear.. yes, especially Shatner). Given that Doctor Who has had quite a gap I doubt there are that many companions that would be in a position to return - mainly McCoy's & McGanns.. they're probably the only ones that may get away with being 'of their age' rather than very aged versions.

As I've said - I hope the series closer has Rose dying... PERMINENTLY.

Offline Latias Tamer

• WOCNWORBWONWO
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: December 20, 2007, 16:30 »
From looking at descriptions, pictures and trailers, it seems that this episode doesn't actually happen on the real Titanic, but a space ship in the future. At first I though the impact with the Tardis had sent it into space, but it seems not so... =p

Also, some of you may know of the Extra's christmas special that airs on the UK on the day after boxing day. Well it contains a Doctor Who scene.

It aired in the US on the 14th. Here's the clip...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=El0DFVJA294&feature=related
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 16:51 by Latias Tamer »
Yes.

• Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: December 20, 2007, 20:28 »
So far it appears people are picking famous bald actors & making wikipedia entries for them being Davros - if I was making another... if I was making a false entry in Wiki, thats what I'd do.

Seeing as the Davros has always been a man in near complete head make-up, there is no reason why the actor playing Davros has to be bald.. or even feature physically! I still say to keep minds open!!

Very interesting, though I think Patrick Stewart has had & is still under some pretty demanding theatre comitments for a couple of plays (all the best Star Trek Captains do Shakespear.. yes, especially Shatner). Given that Doctor Who has had quite a gap I doubt there are that many companions that would be in a position to return - mainly McCoy's & McGanns.. they're probably the only ones that may get away with being 'of their age' rather than very aged versions.

As I've said - I hope the series closer has Rose dying... PERMINENTLY.
Should be noted that Patrick Stewart had been one of the many considerations for the 8th Doctor for the movie.

As for Rose dying, good. I was dissappointed when they went with that cheesey bit where her dad saved her from the void.  :dry:

Offline Latias Tamer

• WOCNWORBWONWO
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: December 20, 2007, 20:39 »
Should be noted that Patrick Stewart had been one of the many considerations for the 8th Doctor for the movie.

As for Rose dying, good. I was dissappointed when they went with that cheesey bit where her dad saved her from the void.  :dry:
That did seem rather unrealistic... Firstly, how would he have known that she was going into the void, when he was in the parallel universe...And secondly, he would have been pushed into the void before he had time to catch her...

But they wouldn't kill a main character off... =p
Yes.