Poll

Who do you think is the best doctor who of all time?

William Hartnell
2 (2.6%)
Patrick Troughton
1 (1.3%)
Jon Pertwee
1 (1.3%)
Tom Baker
4 (5.2%)
Peter Davison
0 (0%)
Colin Baker
1 (1.3%)
Sylvester McCoy
2 (2.6%)
Paul McGann
2 (2.6%)
Christopher Eccleston
15 (19.5%)
David Tennant
32 (41.6%)
Matt Smith
17 (22.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 284104 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 21 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Pandemonium

• Power is means, not an end
  • Gym League Members
  • Sentret Fan
  • Sabrina~
    • View Profile
    • Project Haruhi-- We're not interested in ORDINARY cartoons.
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #1005 on: June 14, 2008, 20:14 »
Doctors' daughter directed as well, I think  ;D
Whut?

The strein on The doctor's face when posessed xD

Offline Latias Tamer

• WOCNWORBWONWO
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: June 14, 2008, 20:22 »
Well that was a very interesting episode indeed. Very well written, and the way each character changed throughout the episode was very good. Strange where we didn't actually see the monster that was attacking, yet did the shadow actually get defeated at the end? If it can survive outside, then surely it would have been able to escape from the body.

Anyway, are there only 12 episodes this series, or is it another 3 parter?
Yes.

Offline FaFniR

• Sentret Fan
  • You maybe got lucky for a few good years
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: June 14, 2008, 21:09 »
Anyway, are there only 12 episodes this series, or is it another 3 parter?

3 parter, Turn Left's events lead into the finale.

I gotta say, I did not expect such a great episode from RTD. That was seriously quite something, excellent in fact. My only complaint was it felt a little 'empty' in some way (Sky mentioned at the start of the episode about... something I forget, anyway it seemed important at the time and I thought it'd be used to bolster the plot). It was neat how it wasn't explained, that way it seems even more scary and paranoia-inducing.

Roll on Turn Left, I've been looking forward to seeing if my theories are correct. Well, the theories I made from the photos and lines planetgallifrey presented, at least.

"Footloose and fancy-free, we set off among the adventure towns, seeking the next place, rather than our fortunes."

Role Play Riffs

LOL JOHTO REMAKE

Offline Pandemonium

• Power is means, not an end
  • Gym League Members
  • Sentret Fan
  • Sabrina~
    • View Profile
    • Project Haruhi-- We're not interested in ORDINARY cartoons.
« Reply #1008 on: June 14, 2008, 21:13 »
Faf; thories based on the fact that the first 3 episodes had planets that... weren't... at all?

Offline Pretty_Chicken

• Feel free to call me Katie :) #300, Skitty in the PKMN Crew. And it seems I'm a
  • Joeno Fan
  • You are not a flower of hell.. ♫
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: June 14, 2008, 21:56 »
I found that episode... creepy 0_o Btw, what's the name of the actress who played Sky? Coz i swear I recognise her from somewhere and it's been bugging me all night

Next week looks interesting! Rose is back! Weeeeeee!

Offline Turtlejosh

• Yay Turtles!
  • Joeno Fan
  • I don't care if it's a tortoise, it's still mine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: June 14, 2008, 22:05 »
That was great. Nice to see how other people react to someone whos too confident about aliens.

And next week's look good. Where does the thing on her back come from?

Offline FaFniR

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: June 14, 2008, 22:39 »
And next week's look good. Where does the thing on her back come from?

Racnoss, apparently. It reappears in Turn Left (since it takes place in an alternate timeline during the Runaway Bride storyline, but without the Doctor ever meeting Donna), kills the Doctor, and leaves an egg on Donna. Or something along those lines.

"Footloose and fancy-free, we set off among the adventure towns, seeking the next place, rather than our fortunes."

Role Play Riffs

LOL JOHTO REMAKE

Offline Danse Macabre ( 6,6)

• YGO & Pokemon Veteran
  • Joeno Fan
  • The Old Hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: June 15, 2008, 03:00 »
Not a surprise considering the plot... Still, I really liked the 'War on Skaro' rumours, even though yeah, Skaro was destroyed years ago.

Heh, I would just like to point out the 'time-travelling' nature of the show - as unless the planet has been removed from time he should be more than able to return to an earlier 'pre-destruction' Skaro.

And for those who are about to quote "Galifrey" as a reason he can not return to Skaro (as he can not return to pre-destruction Skaro). I will say to them "Earth".
Internet celebrity in the making Danté Solablood! For all your Minecraft LP needs go to: http://www.youtube.com/user/KamenDev

Offline The Librarian

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: June 15, 2008, 05:53 »
Doctors' daughter directed as well, I think  ;D

You mean Alice Troughton? Although they share the same surname, she isn't related to the second Doctor; Patrick Troughton.

Btw, what's the name of the actress who played Sky?

Her name is Lesley Sharp. I'm not sure what shes been in though...

Anyway. Not a bad episode last night. Certainly not the best either I have to say. Not much seemed to happen really, which, to me at least, made the episode seem much shorter than it really was. And they didn't explain what the thing that possessed Sky was, which really bugged me. I hope they do explain it somehow in a later episode, though I doubt they will.

Good to see an episode without Donna in it much too.
"SOME PEOPLE WILL DO ANYTHING FOR THE SHEER FASCINATION OF DOING IT, said Death. OR FOR FAME. OR BECAUSE THEY SHOULDN'T."

Offline Lorem Ipsum

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: June 15, 2008, 10:37 »
Patrick Troughton's son was the Professor, though ;)

Offline Dragonpika

• Call me Kay~
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • blub!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: June 15, 2008, 10:41 »
Oh I liked how little was explained.. the Doctor genuinely didn't know what was happening or how to stop it, and it was rather disconcerting. Nice to see that weakness in him though - he was so sure that the people needed him there, whereas in actual fact of course he was powerless to stop the alien. Very psychological episode, what with hysteria turning the people into savages.. disturbing. Especially when they were dragging the Doctor out. Thought it was very poignant that nobody found out the hostess's name, too.. I enjoyed it, one of the best filler eps so far imo. Although it was very low-budget =P all in one set, no monster animations.. just good actors.

yet did the shadow actually get defeated at the end? If it can survive outside, then surely it would have been able to escape from the body.

Donna and the Doctor were discussing this at the end of the episode - she asked if it was still out there, and he nodded and conceeded that he'd have to warn the leisure company about it so they could build elsewhere instead.

wake up, kids
    we've got the dreamers disease

pokeguru V2

« Reply #1016 on: June 15, 2008, 11:16 »
I lo-led at the gifts stuff. "Here is your earplugs shoes (SHOES?) slippers (SLIPPERS?) and peanuts. (I see that the tradition is still there.) Please notice that some of the products may contain nuts."(YEP! it's still there!)

I think the person who written this must have read Lord of the Flies. They didn't turn to savages. they turned into people who primal instincts took over....

THEY KILLED THE DOCTOR OFF! THAT'S IT! NO MORE DOCTOR WHO!

Offline FaFniR

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: June 15, 2008, 15:53 »
THEY KILLED THE DOCTOR OFF! THAT'S IT! NO MORE DOCTOR WHO!

It's the Doctor from an alternate timeline.

Role Play Riffs

LOL JOHTO REMAKE

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #1018 on: June 15, 2008, 18:32 »
It's the Doctor from an alternate timeline.
ORLY?

OMGOMGOMG. This episode was scary, espicially watching it with your mates at 11ish a night. *shivers*

I was like "OMG WTH?" When ky/thing talked before the Doctor. Holy crap, I wouldn't like that to happen.

And what about the part when the all spoke together. How many times would that ave taked to film without bursting ot laughing.

I heard that Davids Tennanta girlfriend doesn't want him to do Doctor Who anymore because of all the fanmail he's been getting. I bet she's just jealous.

XD

MANAFI

« Reply #1019 on: June 15, 2008, 18:36 »
Jethro was epic win. Like, when it was copying everyone he was just like "Hi my name's Jethro =D" and "666!"

I couldn't stop laughing D: