Poll

Who do you think is the best doctor who of all time?

William Hartnell
2 (2.6%)
Patrick Troughton
1 (1.3%)
Jon Pertwee
1 (1.3%)
Tom Baker
4 (5.2%)
Peter Davison
0 (0%)
Colin Baker
1 (1.3%)
Sylvester McCoy
2 (2.6%)
Paul McGann
2 (2.6%)
Christopher Eccleston
15 (19.5%)
David Tennant
32 (41.6%)
Matt Smith
17 (22.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 284218 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 20 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #1125 on: June 29, 2008, 17:23 »
NOWAI ;.;

I can haz speculation :s

XP

AHEM.

1] When a Dalek exterminate beam hits a human, it hits them, but does not come out. It went straight through the Doctor.

2] When a human is hit by a Dalek exterminate beam, they glow all over, and you can see all of their bones. For the Doctor though, it hit him in his left side, and that was the ONLY part that glowed.

3] When a human is hit by a Dalek exterminate beam, they die immeadtily [sp] but the Doctor did not.

4] The Doctor said that the Medusa Cascade was a second out of sync with the rest of the universe, so they're in a time bubble. When out of sync, could he possibly regenrate into himself? [Mums speculation]

DAVID ;.;

Offline LB

• Norwegian Wood
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • Tournée du Chat Noir
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: June 29, 2008, 17:58 »
What an excellent episode.

Little things I loved include the Richard Dawkins cameo, the return of Harriet Jones, mad Dalek Caan singing, Martha doing anything, the reference to Mr Copper, and Rose's Theme when they ran together.

I'm almost certain there won't be a real regeneration - I've put money on it!
"It occurred to me that this was what you might get if Walt Disney did an animated version of a Munch painting."

"It seemed to me that the longest imaginable distance separated irregular German verb forms from this kitchen table."

Offline Pretty_Chicken

• Feel free to call me Katie :) #300, Skitty in the PKMN Crew. And it seems I'm a
  • Joeno Fan
  • You are not a flower of hell.. ♫
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: June 29, 2008, 18:07 »
Omgg! That ep was awesome! And Caan was kinda cute and funny, in an insanely mad way.

And my sister and stepdad were talking about it today and they were like "Who is he going to change into. Maybe the master???!!!"  :dry: I wish Saturday would hurry up so we can see what happens :(

Hollyoaks,espeon

« Reply #1128 on: June 29, 2008, 19:50 »
he turns into jemery kyle.

Offline 1794mew

• Im #027 Sandshrew in the Puk crew version 3. "If the world chooses to become my enemy, I will fight like I always have."
  • Joeno Fan
  • Awww Ain't He Cute *Huggles* Thanks Lorem
    • View Profile
    • Twilight Realm
« Reply #1129 on: June 29, 2008, 20:55 »
Guys guys guys!
I've found it! I found next weeks trailer!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/s4/videos/ then its episode trailer and it is next weeks as at the end it says saturday 6:40 were as yeterdays was 7:10
Posted on: June 29, 2008, 19:57
Also because I was bored of waiting for a reply I made my own trailer. Not for next episode just a random one
http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/trailermaker/view/7fi2ib
Thanks Catstorm
[Sig under creation]

Offline Danse Macabre ( 6,6)

• YGO & Pokemon Veteran
  • Joeno Fan
  • The Old Hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: June 29, 2008, 23:39 »
Hey all, sorry I'm a bit late... but WOW!! What a great episode!! Especially as we MAY have a new Doctor (but we won't).

I'd especially like to pick up on the fact that River Song, recognised the Doctor's current form, therefore  they still have to meet up in the future in his current form (or forme... heh), and that Tenant is still signed up for at least the specials.

One possibility that no one has so far mentioned is that when the Doctor & Donna are at the Shadow Proclamation, the woman serving Donna mentioned "there was something on your back" and then spoke of her destiny AND the fact that the Doctor specifically mentioned parallel worlds/dimensions in regards to Donna in Turn Left.... I think that Donna is the key to Tenant staying as the Doctor, although I'm not going to bet any cash on it. Lets just say that the Doctor may end up 'turning right' with a little help from Donna.

Not a spoiler.. my guess.

What I would like to know is.. if for just the space of half of the next episode we get a new Doctor, then he changes back to Tenant.. does that mean he would necessarily become that Doctor again when he regenerates.. or will he become a whole new Doctor at random??
Internet celebrity in the making Danté Solablood! For all your Minecraft LP needs go to: http://www.youtube.com/user/KamenDev

Offline FaFniR

• Sentret Fan
  • You maybe got lucky for a few good years
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: June 29, 2008, 23:46 »
He either splits into two Tennants or we get "the other Doctor" (the 2008 Christmas Special's amnesia-ridden parallel Doctor, played by some Morrisey guy with an assistant called Rosita, ahur) for half the episode.

"Footloose and fancy-free, we set off among the adventure towns, seeking the next place, rather than our fortunes."

Role Play Riffs

LOL JOHTO REMAKE

• YGO & Pokemon Veteran
  • Joeno Fan
  • The Old Hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: June 29, 2008, 23:55 »
He either splits into two Tennants or we get "the other Doctor" (the 2008 Christmas Special's amnesia-ridden parallel Doctor, played by some Morrisey guy with an assistant called Rosita, ahur) for half the episode.

Hmm, not all Doctors suffer from amnesia following their regeneration - some pretty much bounce back into action.. I think Davidson's regeneration was the most troublesome as it seemed to last several episodes.

Maybe we get Russell Brand as the Doctor for 30mins and then NEVER again? I'nm fairly certain we'll be seing Tenant again though.
Internet celebrity in the making Danté Solablood! For all your Minecraft LP needs go to: http://www.youtube.com/user/KamenDev

Offline FaFniR

• Sentret Fan
  • You maybe got lucky for a few good years
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: June 30, 2008, 02:30 »
I was serious about the amnesia-ridden other Doctor and Rosita. o.o They're in the Christmas special. (My earlier post made it sound like a joke)

And Davison, by the way. ;) Easy mistake.

"Footloose and fancy-free, we set off among the adventure towns, seeking the next place, rather than our fortunes."

Role Play Riffs

LOL JOHTO REMAKE

• YGO & Pokemon Veteran
  • Joeno Fan
  • The Old Hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: June 30, 2008, 02:38 »
I was serious about the amnesia-ridden other Doctor and Rosita. o.o They're in the Christmas special. (My earlier post made it sound like a joke)

And Davison, by the way. ;) Easy mistake.

Heh, thats okay - it is about 2.30am at the moment.. even the usualy infalible FBI Bob can make slip-ups at that time in the morning!

Amnesia Doctor & Rosita... interesting.. I must investigate futher.

Offline Pretty_Chicken

• Feel free to call me Katie :) #300, Skitty in the PKMN Crew. And it seems I'm a
  • Joeno Fan
  • You are not a flower of hell.. ♫
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: June 30, 2008, 16:28 »
My mum has a theory about his regeneration: Coz the Medusa Cascade is 1 second ahead of the rest of the universe, maybe they can find a way to go back 1 second and stop him regenerating? It's an interesting idea me thinks

Offline The Penguin Vampire

• Hello there :)
  • Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
    • My facebook, thats if you wish to know me more
« Reply #1136 on: June 30, 2008, 16:35 »
what if (and just a guess) the Dalek was was set to stun  XP XP XP  It's worth hoping for =D

but brilliant episode 

but there is still a chance he might regenerate as after all the best way to keep a secret is to lie and cover it up  we so believe tenet IS contracted for more but he might not be? could just be a lie so we don't guess the ending
or he half regenerates  and has two personality's   and becomes doctor who and mr what   ;D

but  like it said on one of the confidential's  there was a love relationship between the doctor and rose  a one sided one from martha nothing at all for donna  so maybe the next doctor is gay?  Jack could be in luck  :P

anywho  There is still the matter of the doctor  (new or not) and crew having to take down Davros and his nice big fleet  personally i think they should just send jack with both guns and watch him die 100's of times ¬¬  but it's sure to be something great and HOPEFULLY he scatters the daleks through time so when they all get killed at the end (presuming they do) they don't have to be re introduced
"If too live, we have to be numb, I'd rather know the pain, I'd rather know"
"We are made Imperfect and we must guard against our flaws lest they destroy us"

Offline Snagprophet

• Electric Master
  • Sentret Fan
  • Shocking
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: June 30, 2008, 22:54 »
It mentions someone dying. Martha is in Torchwood series 3 so it can't be her, Sarah Jane is doing her second series, Rose probably will reuse the time vortex to pwn the Daleks, Jack's immortal.  I think it's Donna. Why would she leave the Doctor at the end? She isn't trying to distract her love for him. So it must be her. Then again, if my Rose theory is correct, Rose could bring her back to life, like Jack. I suppose they could be a couple

• YGO & Pokemon Veteran
  • Joeno Fan
  • The Old Hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: July 01, 2008, 01:25 »
It mentions someone dying. Martha is in Torchwood series 3 so it can't be her, Sarah Jane is doing her second series, Rose probably will reuse the time vortex to pwn the Daleks, Jack's immortal.  I think it's Donna. Why would she leave the Doctor at the end? She isn't trying to distract her love for him. So it must be her. Then again, if my Rose theory is correct, Rose could bring her back to life, like Jack. I suppose they could be a couple

Hmm, but then following the new trailor we know that Davros is trying to destroy reality itsefl.. and Donna is heavily tied into the whole 'dimension\reality' realm of the current series. It's a good bet that somehow Donna has to die to save reality.. BUT then Rose 'died', therefore anything can still happen.

Offline Snagprophet

• Electric Master
  • Sentret Fan
  • Shocking
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: July 01, 2008, 09:51 »
BUT then Rose 'died', therefore anything can still happen.

When did she die?