Poll

Who do you think is the best doctor who of all time?

William Hartnell
2 (2.6%)
Patrick Troughton
1 (1.3%)
Jon Pertwee
1 (1.3%)
Tom Baker
4 (5.2%)
Peter Davison
0 (0%)
Colin Baker
1 (1.3%)
Sylvester McCoy
2 (2.6%)
Paul McGann
2 (2.6%)
Christopher Eccleston
15 (19.5%)
David Tennant
32 (41.6%)
Matt Smith
17 (22.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 284239 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 19 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline kerri-anne

• Squirrels are back again
  • Joeno Fan
  • the pirate squirrels
    • View Profile
    • world of talli
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #1470 on: October 06, 2009, 16:01 »

Curtis: it's a bit plain, if you ask me...
what should I make you ?

Offline Lorem Ipsum

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: November 15, 2009, 20:07 »
Well, that episode was absolutely amazing! The darkness of it all was harrowing, but in a good way, and the whole 'this happens in the future', I find endlessly fascinating. And the preview of "The End of Time" was epic win.

Offline RocketMember002

• Joy Incarnate
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: November 15, 2009, 20:07 »
Ooh, missed the first 20 mins or so, but the Doctor became a little bit evil by trying to be too good? O.O Glad to see the Master will be back, such a charming chap.

Offline Dragonpika

• Call me Kay~
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • blub!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: November 15, 2009, 20:09 »
Well that was good!

I was half expecting him to either blow up the base himself as they tried to escape, or be able to save them only to have the captain blow it up anyway because of what he told her.. so the ending threw me entirely xD

Was sad to see the crew dropping one by one :c and David Tennant was well creepy when he was walking across the surface of Mars in the space suit.. the lighting made his face look like a skull.

The Doctor is losing hiw marbles, hurray :D

I'm curious about the Christmas episode.. hard to tell what's going on. But hello Master!

wake up, kids
    we've got the dreamers disease

Offline Angelic Lapras King

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Angel Wings! Please Guide Me And The Lapras!
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery of Maddness
« Reply #1474 on: November 15, 2009, 20:14 »
Well that was interesting. Now I see how this episode's importance with Tennant's end, the fact he defies the laws of time as he's the only time lord, tries to change history and so on. And now even he is trying to avoid his own death.

As for the episode, not bad. Can't say it was the best, but I like how it turned around when the Doctor was like "Stuff time laws" lol. Kinda wish they upped the scare factor, because the water folk didnt quite do it for me. Still, woo for a Dalek cameo and an Ood one too (And at least the Ice Warriors got mentioned huh?)

As for the preview for The End of Time, all I can say is LOL., the Master looks like hes dressed like a Chav. XD

"What did I say would happen if you got onto my back Oak?"

Offline RocketMember002

• Joy Incarnate
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: November 15, 2009, 20:16 »
As for the preview for The End of Time, all I can say is LOL., the Master looks like hes dressed like a Chav. XD
He's going to destroy time itself and mug you in the process, most terrifying villain ever?

Offline Completelyrandom: Singing your praises in relative phrases

• Ego sum, Ego eram quod, Ego mos usquequaque exsisto
  • Joeno Fan
  • Take solace in the fact, that life is brief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: November 15, 2009, 20:40 »
Hmmm well that was interesting.

I was upset by a variety of things in that episode, however thought that despite these things it was an overall fantastic episode. The reference to the fact that maybe the Ood have taken up the role of "time lords" makes me think about the possibilities, they are a race that have interested me greatly from their first appearance.
The red eyed Ood makes me wonder about the possibilities of the return of the Beast.
And finally the Master, is this to do with the ring that some one packed up when the Master was burning on the pyre.

I am full of questions now and can not wait for christmas episode!

Offline Piccolami.

• Joeno Fan
  • cheers Rich for the Rocket Ampharos <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: November 15, 2009, 20:46 »
Wow. That was definitely quite an interesting episode... And a very interesting new side to the Doctor =/

Is it bad that I was actually really quite freaked out by those water people zombie things?! Their eyes were horrible, and their mouths... urgh. Not nice D:

'Twas a bit upsetting to see the crew being infected one by one, especially the woman who was watching the kids & crying and such as it happened. And the poor Robot man, too =[

The ending was a nice twist, and the Xmas episode looks to be quite good!

He's going to destroy time itself and mug you in the process, most terrifying villain ever?

If this doesn't happen now I will be most upset!
human beings in a mob
what's a mob to a king
what's a king to a god
what's a god to a non believer
who don't believe in
anything

master1

« Reply #1478 on: November 15, 2009, 22:38 »
For me, that has to have been the best episode yet. Especially with the whole drama at the end. Wheeow.
Can't wait for the Christmas episode.
Hope I don't miss the animated episodes next week, either. D:

Offline kerri-anne

• Joeno Fan
  • the pirate squirrels
    • View Profile
    • world of talli
« Reply #1479 on: November 16, 2009, 10:35 »

was that meant to be the scarest doctor who ever, hardly...
what should I make you ?

Offline Winston Payne

• A Real Nowhere Man
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • There I will go.
    • View Profile
    • Covered Wars, Allegedly.
« Reply #1480 on: November 16, 2009, 15:28 »
It wasn't about scary. It was about what happens when the Doctor says "up yours, causality!" and decides to change history.

If you can't handle zombies/infected, then it'd be scary. But me? Nothing I haven't seen in Dawn (1978 and 2004), Day and Land of the Dead, as well as 28 Days and 28 Weeks Later.

Offline Sebastian Moran

• ᕦ(ಠ益ಠ)ᕤ Tries too hard
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Fan
  • the pride of roast britain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: November 17, 2009, 01:23 »
Zombies aren't allowed to travel above anything faster than a drowsy amble. How rude of them. 
With their jogging and running, arm motions and everything. 

I lliked the Doctor's "hang on, I can do what I like!".. and then I laughed the suicide.. for some reason. 
I was quite interested, "Ah, is this a new direction we shall see the doctor take from now on?" and then I remembered matt smith and thought "..maybe not." 
Well, might just be me, but matt smith latin teacher/mcfly doesn't quite have the same terrifying appeal. 
But we shall see. 
Anyhoo, yes, I did like that new side of him. "Screw the rules, I have a time machine." 

It wasn't a bad episode. I guess I wasn't quite in a zombie-thing mood. I did like their designs though.. the actress who played maggie was rather spiffy I thought.. with the crazy eyes and drooling over the window.. oh dear. did they run out of cloudy contact lenses or was she just allergic to them? :v 
Poor hugh fearnley-whittingstall, bested by a carrot. 
Will put kids off eating carrots, though. 
Or drinking water. Huzzah! 
Ed person looked like richard hammond, so that was nice I suppose.

I liked Yuri.. living in his cloud cuckoo land. with his no trespassing signs. "Yes, i'll randomly show you a map of the earth as well, crazy zombie thing!".. 
was the earth rather flooded? I couldn't tell. Anyhoo, was glad that he was one of the few survivors. Usually my favourite characters are the ones to die, so made a nice change. 

Ah.. ood! And.. chav master! And wilf.. is donna getting married again? -mindflail- 
Looks quite spiffy anyhoo, yes it does. 
He will knock four times. 

« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 01:26 by Halfwit »

be humble,
for you are
made of earth.

be noble,
for you are
made of stars.

Offline Enigma

• Here to train for the Kanto League 8]
  • Elite Four Member
  • Joeno Fan
  • Back for a bit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: November 17, 2009, 11:55 »
Finally got round to watching that last episode!

I loved it. That moment where he was in Base One and said that the rules of time are his, woah, that was one of those moments in drama where you get all *zomg <3*

Water Zombies were cool, though I was more interested in the whole Brooke's time thing.

I see what they mean about doing stuff with Tennant that they couldn't have done in the last few series (in the Radio Times) - now that they're writing him out, they can go places they usually wouldn't have done - such as The Doctor breaking the rules, which I think is totally awesome.

And am I the only one that thinks the Master looks quite good looking in his chav forme? =3

Offline Deoxys2

• Sentret Fan
  • In Arsène Wenger we trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: November 17, 2009, 21:36 »
the eigth doctor was ginger :P
srsly, this Matt Smith does NOT suit the Doctor imo. At least the other's looked smart enough. Rolled up trousers? TWEED? BOWTIE?!.
srsly wth.
I don't like the look of him. As soon as the next Doctor image was released I was all 'nowai i'm going to watch doctor who anymore *clings to dt episodes*
Amy Pond? okay what type of a name is THAT.
do not want.

ALSOALSOALSO

they cannot have a ginger companion again because NO ONE can top Donna :(
I think I have to agree with you with just about everything you said. I will still watch it however, he just doesn't look the part AT ALL. His suit is like it was worn by one of the old Doctors as it looks all retro an really really unsuitable. I missed Chris when he left, now I'm gonna miss David... WHA!! *runs away*

That new one on Sunday was well awesome! Those water things were creepy. I'd have shot them given the chance. I don't care how human they look. Oh, an that Ood appearing at the end was suprising

I still can't beilve that woman killed herself - thats a nice thing for her daughter to see when she wakes up in the morning...

I can't wait till next time. The Master is back!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 21:40 by Deoxys2 »

Offline kerri-anne

• Joeno Fan
  • the pirate squirrels
    • View Profile
    • world of talli
« Reply #1484 on: November 17, 2009, 21:40 »

Your not even giving him a chance ?
what should I make you ?