Author Topic: Your worst fears  (Read 1479 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline The name master

• The name rater's rival!
  • Joeno Fan
  • I rate your nicknames (unofficially)
    • View Profile
Your worst fears
« on: April 03, 2016, 12:39 »
Do you have a fear that makes you really terrified? Got a phobia? Share it here! I can't think of any fears that I have right now. I'll have to think about that...
Thanks to Inferna for one of the many reasons why I love Dragonite!

Offline not chloe

• Mulholland Fan
  • never more than 3 hours away from public meltdown
    • View Profile
Re: Your worst fears
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 14:21 »
I'm terrified of dogs mainly, but I have so many fears it gets a bit ridiculous to start listing them all.

I guess the other main ones are hospitals/surgery, loneliness and heights (in a sense that I don't mind being at altitude, but generally I get really scared if I'm higher up than the main source of light somewhere - so above the light fittings inside or above the street lamps if I'm outside).
Credit to Inferna for the teacup Chatot
surPrISE

Offline the bread dragon

• my furniture has come alive
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2016, 14:40 »
this isn't mine, but a friend of mine is scared of christmas trees. im scared of the dark, heights, and escalators

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2016, 16:51 »
im deathly scared of getting lots and lots of cash. boy how i'd hate it if that happened. i sure hope no-one does that. //beth opens her change purse wide on an unrelated matter//
           

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2016, 17:19 »
 I'm afraid of dwarves. They make me uneasy.

That scene in Green Wing was great though. Although the entire series as a whole was really good.

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2016, 10:44 »
Guns, popping balloons, scorpions, and abandonment. Those are my phobias. The abandonment one is particularly bad.
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2016, 14:05 »
Bees. My roommate is allergic to bees and she's more chill around bees than I am. Once a bee landed on me and I had to watch it before it buzzed off and I was so anxious I started crying after. And one time I got stung by a nest of bees so I got stung liiiike 7 or 8 times before I got inside and it really didn't hurt that much (I hardly felt the first few stings, it wasn't until I heard the buzzing WITH the stinging feeling) and my friends say in that moment I was the most terrified they've ever seen me. I had so much adrenaline because like damn I felt like I just survived a life or death situation.

And heights. I'm getting better with this one, but rope swings used to be pretty much out of the question until the last couple summers where I did them all the time. I did one that was like 15 feet off the ground into a gorge (which I feel is way scarier since if you don't let go you slam into a rock wall lol) which beats my last best of doing a 25 foot cliff jump into a river. I feel like I enjoy these activities more because of that fear though.

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2016, 19:23 »
i'm basically liz but with wasps instead of bees

sometimes i stand at the top of certain flights of stairs and my heart just kind of stops because they are s o steep.  it's better than i was when i was a really little kid though and i'd refuse to stand up to go down the stairs because that meant i could see the bottom.

also open water.

thanks gl <3

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2016, 21:18 »
Spiders, heights (though I've sorta got better with that), people talking crap about me behind my back, and me fearing whether I'm screwing things up or not. Those are mine.

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2016, 00:09 »
also open water.

i specifically cannot stand the ocean. i almost drowned in it when i was 15 so if i go in past where i can touch i freak out

thankfully people usually just like to splash in the ocean or jump into the waves which im down with

Offline Sizacu

• Sentret Fan
  • hello everyone
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2016, 10:22 »
Wasps. I'm okay with bees once I know they're there; bees are cute and fluffy and they won't bother you! But wasps will just go for you if you get too close and it's all just nope. I just freeze when I hear buzzing, doesn't matter whether it's a fly or a wasp, and only move the rest of my body once I know in which direction the sound's coming from.

Honestly, I think this fear has come from being woken up at 7am every morning for a week by a wasp trying to get into its nest right next to my window :v

Captivating Radiant Elegant Serene Seraphic Enchanting Lovely Immortal Adorable

Are you interested in spriting, or improving it?

Offline The name master

• The name rater's rival!
  • Joeno Fan
  • I rate your nicknames (unofficially)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2016, 10:27 »
I think it was yesterday, I was in the bathroom, and I suddenly had this insect buzzing right next to my left ear. I freaked out slightly, thinking "what the f**k is that?!" I didn't actually see what was making the buzzing sound, though!
Thanks to Inferna for one of the many reasons why I love Dragonite!

E.C.A.M.B.S.

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2016, 23:14 »
I've always been afraid of dogs. Spiders too. I developed a fear of heights after jumping from a high place and almost hurting myself.

This silly fear of mine is extinct now, but I used to be afraid of the kind of toilet that flushes very loudly and forcefully.

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2016, 00:57 »
 I used to be afraid of that mannequin in that Goosebumps film/episodes. Really disturbed me as a child actually.

That "RETUUURRNNNN THEEEE SLAAAAABBB" guy from Courage The Cowardly Dog. Same with him.

The mannequin thing had a lasting effect. That creepypasta with the doll crawling up the steps with a knife going "Emily, I'm on the first step!" then slowly progressing until "Emily, I'm in your room!" - that was quite frightening when I first read it.

I don't really have any light-hearted fears any more.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2016, 01:12 »
i specifically cannot stand the ocean. i almost drowned in it when i was 15 so if i go in past where i can touch i freak out

I almost drowned in Lake Erie when I was 5 and I (somewhat ironically) love the ocean. So guess i'm a special case or something.

I have a massive fear of falling, which is so bad that if someone tries to pull me down the stairs by my feet, i'm screaming as if i'm being killed.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN