Author Topic: Z legend released  (Read 3245 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Mr. Apple

Z legend released
« on: October 06, 2013, 13:21 »
ok so the legendary mascot for pokemon z was released, along with some other stuffs about it

thoughts?

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
Re: Z legend released
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 13:28 »
Good, we didn't have enough Dragon/Ground types, or Dragons with quad Ice weaknesses, this is a massive step forward. :|

But eh, it's not bad looking I guess. I don't hate it, I was just hoping for something a little more... something. I dunno. This wasn't it.
Discord - richardblaziken

quack98

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 13:31 »
So, it's apparently to counter Xerneas and Yveltal, judging by it's ability.

But together X&Y are immune to it's stabs.

Well done game freak  :dry:

But in terms of looks, I like it, it just isn't very legendary.

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 13:36 »
It looks cool, but the typing... why!?!?! :(

Offline Clairefable

• worst jobby
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
    • abandon hope all ye who enter here
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 13:43 »
I think it's pretty neat looking. Better than the other two...

Offline RocketMember002

• Joy Incarnate
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2013, 14:30 »
They just couldn't resist shoving a dragon in. It looks cool but should really be poison or something.

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2013, 15:44 »
I think it looks awesome and I love the concept.

I'm pretty sad that for all we know right now this is pretty much the last legendary available - it's the last in the dex which brings the total of new Pokemon to 69.

Unless we're going to get more Pokemon added on to the end of the dex as surprises, the range of new Pokemon is absolutely tiny - the smallest yet.

Apparently there's also a distinct lack of postgame, just Mega Mewtwo X/Y (Mega Mewtwo Y has a friggin Sp Attk of 195), Zygarde and a small multiplayer watered-down Safari Zone minigame, plus a very standard battle tower.

Not gonna lie, I'm kind of disappointed by that, I think (or hope) that they'll make up for it with some free DLC Pokemon/Events. After all, GameFreak were doing DLC on handheld consoles in the form of giveaways long before the internet was available on them. The PSS system could be interesting too, no reviewer has really been able to use it in context but it apparently makes up a large part of the fun of the game.

Offline Ledyba

• Judge, Jury, and Executioner | <3 Kelly!!
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2013, 16:01 »
I really like it.  so much that I sort of would like to have Z now instead of X/Y.  Oh well.  Wonder if it'll get another forme.

Unless we're going to get more Pokemon added on to the end of the dex as surprises, the range of new Pokemon is absolutely tiny - the smallest yet.

Smallest yet, bya grand total of 31,  that's not counting any probable secret Mew-esque Pokemon or any other unkown pokemon, but yeah I agree.   Maybe the jump to 3D was a bit more resource-consuming than usual, maybe X/Y weren't really meant to come out this early - people have noted the more than usual short generational gap between V and VI.    Aren't there supposed to be 20ish Mega Evos?  if you count them it brings it up to 90ish~.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 16:04 by Ledyba »

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2013, 16:46 »
I absolutely love Zygarde! I think it looks awesome, very nice design and I'm curious about its' ability. Does that mean that Fairy Aura powers down Fairy type moves when Aura Break is activated, as well as Dark Aura and Dark moves? Clever gamefreak.

I don't see why you're all so bothered about there being 69/70 Pokemon. The graphics, the mega-evos and such, like Ledyba said, must've taken up resources and such. I think they've done a good job trying. Sure, lack of pokemon might suck, but there's a lot of new things like Fairy typing / Mega-evos / Pokemon-Amie that have been added in. They're all wonderful new things that more than make up for the lack of completely new pokemon.

Offline Ledyba

• Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2013, 16:51 »
Mega Evos do feel a bit like cheating though, at least with pre-evos/new evos of old Pokemon in previous generations they had a different & distinct look for the most part, Mega evos don't really have that.

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2013, 17:16 »
I really like it.  so much that I sort of would like to have Z now instead of X/Y.  Oh well.  Wonder if it'll get another forme.

Smallest yet, bya grand total of 31,  that's not counting any probable secret Mew-esque Pokemon or any other unkown pokemon, but yeah I agree.   Maybe the jump to 3D was a bit more resource-consuming than usual, maybe X/Y weren't really meant to come out this early - people have noted the more than usual short generational gap between V and VI.    Aren't there supposed to be 20ish Mega Evos?  if you count them it brings it up to 90ish~.

I'm personally thinking the game was rushed. A few reviews mentioned that it felt rushed and it is an unusually short generation gap between 5 and 6. It wouldn't surprise me if Nintendo gave GameFreak a nudge to release the game before Christmas 2013 to boost 3DS sales, hence the simultaneous release and the 2DS announcement (plus the number of Pokemon-themed 3DSXL packages, particularly in Japan).

I don't think it's down to resources, the game is 1.8GB and 3DS carts can reach 8GB, there's massive amounts of room on the 3DS for a truly HUGE Pokemon game if the time is put in. Something that dwarves every region put together.

A couple of interesting things to note though...I know the hype train for R/S/E remakes has been running for a while now, with evidence being provided in the forms of colour schemes and trainer themes but I have to say this is the most compelling piece yet...:

And I agree on mega-evos, they don't feel like new Pokemon at all, just a powered up version of their old ones. Evos would have been nice, but it's difficult to keep people satisfied with them.

Offline JSM

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2013, 17:24 »
I really hope it isn't only 60-70 new pokemon.. That's the main part of a new generation to me, the pokemon. So I find a low number of them to be incredibly disappointing, mega-evos seem to be of mostly pokemon I don't even like. This was really shaping up to be a good game, but now I just feel as if the low amount of pokemon is going to leave the games feeling somewhat empty (for me, anyway).

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2013, 17:33 »
I really hope it isn't only 60-70 new pokemon.. That's the main part of a new generation to me, the pokemon. So I find a low number of them to be incredibly disappointing, mega-evos seem to be of mostly pokemon I don't even like. This was really shaping up to be a good game, but now I just feel as if the low amount of pokemon is going to leave the games feeling somewhat empty (for me, anyway).

I hate to disappoint but the postgame doesn't look much better either. Someone leaked the name Zygarde along with a bunch of other info before all the other leakers had beaten the E4. He said this:

Has the weak battle frontier replacement, a weird weak safari zone replacement, and little else. Zygarde is in the NE in a mine and Mewtwo is on the lower right

Not a replacement in the sense that its as good as in Pt, but its a series of battles you can fight in multiple formats where the levels scale, and as you beat more trainers, you get points to buy items. Mad standard. It's like a battle house or something.

Safari Zone is just something that takes your friends list and generates 2-3 different random Pokemon from it of a single type. I only used it once.

The only things we can hope for is:

-When the online opens up on release it's very impressive and some great post-game DLC follows
-The middle Z game is absolutely brilliant and improves on X/Y like BW2 did on B/W
-Not much attention has been paid because work is going on R/S/E remakes

Offline Ledyba

• Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2013, 17:39 »
A few reviews mentioned that it felt rushed

Which ones?

I don't think it's down to resources, the game is 1.8GB and 3DS carts can reach 8GB, there's massive amounts of room on the 3DS for a truly HUGE Pokemon game if the time is put in. Something that dwarves every region put together.

When I talk about resources, I mean things like staff members and possibly related, time constraints or even budget.   Now the series has jumped to 3D, there's probably a lot more work involved than previously, sure Gen 4/5 had 3D in them but not to extent which is presented in X/Y.  Perhaps their time and amount of staff wouldn't allow them to design, model,  animate and install 100~ish pokemon & old Pokemon  by their set time.

A couple of interesting things to note though...I know the hype train for R/S/E remakes has been running for a while now, with evidence being provided in the forms of colour schemes and trainer themes but I have to say this is the most compelling piece yet...:

Hahaha, awesome. 
though they've never been *that* blatant about it.  If it's worded like that in game, then wow.

Mr. Apple

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2013, 17:44 »
these last few posts are making me question buying the game or not...