Author Topic: 6th Gen Pokemon of the Week  (Read 30067 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Delicious_Scout

• Pokémon Breeder (For Petz, ask Petzbreeder ;3)
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Buttébutt.
    • View Profile
Re: 6th Gen Pokemon of the Week
« Reply #120 on: April 13, 2014, 12:58 »
You must be very tired, not only because of your orthographic errors, but due to the fact there are more sets for both Charizards. We can work on them later on, if that is your wish.
Click on that smexy Tyranaggronigroking to visit my our IV Shop. And possibly buy something.

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 13, 2014, 13:08 »
Gotta hand it to you, you always have something negative to say to me. :)
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline Delicious_Scout

• Typhlosion Fan
  • Buttébutt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 13, 2014, 13:17 »

*is given a coffee cup, Godot style*

*grabs it and shakes his head side to side*

"Always" implies a continuation of given events, and I, as you know, have not known you since the beginning of the times! Moreover, I have not said anything negative related to you in my former post!

Your sarcastic smile:

does not prove my intentions are bad. So, don Richard, do you have any evidence to prove that I am lying!

(I would like love to write Pokémon of the Week, if you were not being sarcastic, although with some help from, for example, you)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 13:22 by Delicious_Scout »
Click on that smexy Tyranaggronigroking to visit my our IV Shop. And possibly buy something.

Offline Del

• yo
  • Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 13, 2014, 13:20 »
Great article Rich, always good content from Pokémon Of The Week. I'm gonna have to go back and check out all the old articles soon, always learn a decent bit reading them.

Glad to see Charizard is doing better nowadays too, he's always been a really cool Pokémon.
My mom bought me this new laptop and it gets really hot when the chat is being spammed. Now my leg is starting to hurt because it is getting so hot. Please, if you don't want me to get burned, then don't spam the chat.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 13, 2014, 13:51 »
Charizard X's best set is a boosting one, it just is. It doesn't need additional coverage outside of 2 STABs and one situational coverage move for something like Heatran, so I'm not going to entertain that Charizard-X needs anything else. It could use special attacks, given the fantastic base 130 Sp. Attack, but there's not really much reason to do that when physical Charizard muscles through physical walls after a SD, and you're just better off using physical attacks.

Charizard-Y has a lot of options, but doesn't really need them. The only thing I didn't mention was Dragon Pulse/Hidden Power Ice, and that's mostly because the best Dragons are faster than Charizard and immediately threaten it, exception given to Dragonite.

There are other sets you could do, sure. You could do DD Charizard-Y, but it's inferior to Talonflame in many ways, and also inferior to Charizard-X. You could do weird Dragon Tail shenanigans or whatever, but these are the best sets for it in OU, and that's what I want to provide to the readers.

Your comments come off as condescending, especially that last one in parentheses. I put a lot of work into writing these articles every week for no other reason than to inform people of the best OU sets for Pokemon, in-game sets, and my thoughts, to sort of break the monotony of a wall of battling text and give the reader something that is hopefully at least mildly interesting to look forward to at the end. Your comments come off as ignorant. If you want to offer up suggestions for sets, that's fine, and has been done here in the past! I've even edited sets in and given credit to the person suggesting it. But arrogantly offering to take over PotW for me and possibly letting me help... that's pretty insulting, especially considering how much work I put into this for no personal payoff.

After posting my frustrations with losing half an article and losing an entire night of sleep, reading your comment as the first reaction to it was frustrating, and your following comment comes off as ignorant. If you don't have anything constructive to say about the current PotW issue at hand, take it to PM.

@Del: Thanks man, glad you enjoyed it :)

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 13, 2014, 13:54 »

Rich, please. If you went to school with the spoiled brats I call peers, you'd be used to it. Bonus points for the sarcastic smile, though.

I'm actually also glad that Chary got a revamp. I've used Charizard X before, it's really good (out of my top 5 megas, however. T-Tar beats it out.) and finally got the dragon typing everyone wanted for it.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Delicious_Scout

• Typhlosion Fan
  • Buttébutt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 13, 2014, 14:34 »
Well...

I could try to defend myself, but that would be pointless (no, I will in just one thing: my "you must be tired" was not written with sarcasm). Although I did not intend to hurt your in a way or another, I did, so I beg for your pardon. However, I can not ensure I will not do the same through time; I still believe Charizard can run other sets, but they are more... obscure.

I guess that I should have said it before closing my two other comments... good article. My fault and non-verbal communication's one.

@ShinyBlaziken How could you think I am a spolied brat! Everyone knows I am a Dolan! And, whenever you are done with the Blaziken, I would like to give your Cheryl to you.

Wolstenholme

« Reply #127 on: April 13, 2014, 15:46 »
God, Scout. Don't you ever shut your fat nonsensical mouth? Let's get back on topic here instead of clashing horns like a bunch of frustrated Tauros. That means everyone.

Rich: another great article, although I have to really read it to understand what's going on most of the time that's only because I don't battle competitively. Your articles do help the learning process along though and I like reading it just to see what sets ought to be used and your opinions. IMHO there are probably only a few better competitive battlers/teachers but I don't know any of them obvs.

I'd like to see what you'd do with Carbink or Avalugg :-)

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 13, 2014, 20:05 »
@ShinyBlaziken How could you think I am a spolied brat! Everyone knows I am a Dolan! And, whenever you are done with the Blaziken, I would like to give your Cheryl to you.

1. You aren't a peer. A peer is someone of your age that you go to school or work with. You live in a different country and are 5 years older than me. Anyways, I was referring to the kids at my school.

2. I've been lazy and haven't raised the torchic yet.

I'd like to see what you'd do with Carbink

3. Thinking about breeding one of those.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline JSM

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 15, 2014, 17:10 »
I think you've covered the main reasons to use charizard in the article well =) I'd like to see your take on Deoxys-s I'm finding it fits onto most of my teams because of how versatile it is.

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 20, 2014, 11:19 »
Following the theme of Fire/Flying Pokemon (This was actually completely unintentional and I just now realized it, oops), this week we'll be discussing Talonflame!

How do you feel about Talonflame in the metagame? Do you get frustrated with it, or is it rarely a problem for you? How do you prepare for it? Should it be sent to the land of Ubers with his friend Ho-Oh? Let me know what you think!

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 20, 2014, 11:40 »
I'm a little disappointed that given the date it's not a grass type Pokemon

I guess given the flame in its name it's a fire type though so I guess it'll be blazing. It'll do.

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 20, 2014, 11:48 »
What's so special about - OH MY GOD WHY DIDN'T I DO DIGGERSBY OR LOPUNNY?! FFFFFFF... well I messed up. Forgive me ;-;

Offline the bread dragon

• my furniture has come alive
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 20, 2014, 12:01 »
shouldve done zekrom it gets turboblaze

Offline Delicious_Scout

• Typhlosion Fan
  • Buttébutt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 20, 2014, 13:19 »
I agree with Richard up to some point. It was very annoying for me at first (now it is just annoying), but there are (a) few ways to deal with it. One can lure it and use a Rock-Move to take it down, but Rock-Type Moves tend to miss quite a lot, so it could not be as good as expected. Luring this way can be done with Pokémon either weak to one of its STAB or a Pokémon that forces another one out, like a Pokémon with Intimidate. Granbull can be useful here, but it requires gust, a lot of support and, again, not to miss with Stone Edge, although you can use Bulk Up over and over to try again. Oh, and if one find bulky variant of Talonflame, this does not work that well.

The other one is killing it with faster priority, but Talonflame MUST be very weakened. Arcanine's access to Intimidate just forces Talonflame out, and, in case Talonflame stayed, just would take very little from Extreme Speed.

The addition of the berry-powered attacks was excellent; very few people realise this deadly combo. Great job.

Ah, and ShinyBlaziken asked me to ask you whether I could sell in my store what I intended to sell you in yours. I am not very comfortable asking this, by the way.

I am so uncomfortable I will just add a dancing Miror B., the best character in all Pokémon series (for me) ;P:

« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 13:30 by Delicious_Scout »