Author Topic: [J] The Time Of The Dragons. - [Pa][F][M][Pw]  (Read 12854 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Re: [J] The Time Of The Dragons. - [Pa][F][M][Pw]
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2014, 22:25 »
Now we just have to wait.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Danatales

• Demon Queen
  • Rex Fan
  • [miscellaneous grumbling]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2014, 23:09 »
I can guarantee you Stella is 110% true bad lol she's just. terrible. a terrible terrible person i love her.

also editted in some stuff about what Trezarex looks like, other than her main color. vuv Very excited to start this!

Offline The Macintosh Ninja: SOH CAH TOA

• PUK's original ninja. So zetta slow!!
  • Sentret Fan
  • Look, I finally changed my avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2014, 23:11 »
I'd like to think my character is good, but wants to change the system. You know: I'll work for you, but only so I can help my fellows.

Wolstenholme

« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2014, 23:16 »
The forms for my characters are usually pretty short because I'm a real sucker for character development but I think Katya is one of those fundamentally good people... A bit like a female, dragon riding, elf, ancient, David Beckham. Whereas Osette isn't really bad, she was just raised wrong and wants revenge because she feels sorry for herself. Had she not been bullied and spoilt her personality probably would have made her a good person.

I really love everyone else's characters though, they're fantastically written in I can't wait to see where this'll go.

Offline Awkward Squirtle

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2014, 23:17 »
Can I join this very belatedly? I'm new to RPing and this universe, but I'd like to give it a go I think.

Wolstenholme

« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2014, 23:21 »
Sure you can, bud. I'm gonna leave joining open throughout anyway so anyone who realises they've missed out on something good can just jump in.

Don't worry about being new to the RP universe, this is only my 4th (I think) ever RP but I'm pretty sure you're in safe hands, if you get stuck feel free to PM me or Blaze (you're helping me out here, Blaze old pal)

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2014, 23:41 »
Chloe, do you really think I'd leave you out to dry? I'm helping.

And my character was good at first, but turned bad thanks to the riders killed his parents, kidnapped him, then dumped him into the streets to pretty much die.

Offline Awkward Squirtle

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2014, 00:43 »
You:
Name:
Kamren
Species: Human
Hometown: Uden
Speciality Magic/Knowledge: Excellent archer. Like, unreasonably good. As in able to shoot accurately while riding. This is partly due to his excellent vision and partly years of practice at home. Regarding magic, he can sense the presence of others for a short time, enabling him to pick them off if they are hidden from view, and another allowing him to turn into a sort of spirit form for a very short time(sorry to cross canons but it's Skyrim's "become ethereal"). This is absolutely momentary; enough for a sword to pass through him, no longer. Very draining, should only be used where unavoidable or to help finish a fight. He is smart but not knowledgeable, i.e. good at learning, but doesn't necessarily know about a whole lot of stuff due to an island upbringing.
Background: Born into a community of fishers (there's little else to do on an island Uden's size), Kamren discovered his affinity for shooting after finding a bow at age 7. It's unbelievable what washes up and gets missed by those who don't care to look close enough. Though easily frustrated at first, being able to see what he was aiming for, but not hit it, he rapidly improved, practicing on leaping fish he found around the small island. He became very confident in his abilities, and began to believe he was too good for the island, and wanted a way out to make something of himself on the mainland.
He joined the riders following his discovery of what turned out to be a dragon egg in the shallows, and realised that this was his way out; he could become a rider. With the combination of a dragon and his shooting ability, being a defender of Alagaesia was what he was born for.
Personality: Massively arrogant, especially in his ability with a bow; doesn't believe anyone can get near him in a fight. There's some justification for that, but he's not as untouchable as he thinks.  This arrogance leads him to avoid contact with others unless absolutely necessary, as he feels they aren’t worth his time. When not otherwise occupied, he can often be found carving short sticks with interesting designs. Although he’s not the most personable rider, if he develops friendships they are very close ones, like the one with his mount.
Appearance and clothing: Standing a little under 6 feet tall, he has white skin with a hint of a tan and brown eyes. His hair is a dark brown colour, medium length, and very straight. He is lightly built, giving him excellent agility. In combat, wears light leather armour, the breastplate of which he has engraved with a scaled design using a small crafting knife, and of course has a quiver of arrows over his shoulder. He also wears bracers designed to hold a couple more arrows each. Day to day he favours a loose fitting black cotton shirt and black trousers, with a brown belt he has engraved in a similar manner to his armour.
Sword: Khelir. Fitting his preference for staying out of close combat, this is a light, nimble sword, far narrower and lighter than what one would expect of a rider, though it is long. If forced into a swordfight, he will attempt to dodge, duck, and dart in with his own attacks aimed at his opponent’s weak points. His primary weapon is his bow, which is a very deep blue, such that it appears black unless it catches the light. He has spent a lot of time engraving this with wave-inspired designs, as well as honing it to sharp points at the ends, meaning it can be used in emergencies for self defence.

Your Dragon:
Name:
Leigarth
Colour: Dark Red with black ridges on his spine.
Personality: Has a naturally close bond with Kamren, but is unusually friendly for a dragon; he is far more willing to interact with others than his rider. He often tries to push Kamren to be less of a douche to everyone, and try to be friendly.
Strength: Agility. He shares Kamren's preference for staying away from the fight, and is very good at helping his human line up the perfect shot. His ability to aim fireballs is also excellent, though this precision is accounted for by lacking the power of larger dragons.
Starter Post:
Kam, this is graduation, how can you not be enjoying this?
When did it ever seem to you like this would be my sort of thing? Remember, I only turned up here because you told me too. What do you even do at something like this?
The lean rider had sat himself on a fallen tree with some sort of drink he'd never heard of. It was pretty good actually. He was amusing himself by watching the merriment around him, simply observing. He was completely out of place here, but the others were rather amusing. One looked like he was trying to impress a girl with some knives. Seemed an odd way to do it to Kamren.
Have fun, talk, try to make some friends?
What’s even the point? None of them are worth my time.
Do you seriously still think that after you’ve seen what they can do?
Ugh, fine, if it’ll shut you up, I’ll go and join in or something...
"EVERYONE LISTEN!" yelled one of the riders.
Or not
"OVER THERE, THOSE LIGHTS! A GROUP OF DRAGON RIDERS ARE SETTING FIRE TO DORU AREABA! THEY CALLED THEMSELVES THE FORSWORN AND SAID THAT THEY WOULD NOT SAFEGUARD ALEGAESIA ANY LONGER!!! THEY HAVE DRAGONS!"
Kamren was stunned. Which of them would do that? What were they thinking? How dare they? Why hadn't he noticed anybody was missing?
I'm thinking we should try to do something about that, Kam.
Everyone else had begun taking off while he was immobilised trying to process it. Shaking his head, Kamren ran towards his dragon who was turning upwards having flown towards the ground. With an impressive leap, he landed on his mount, and the pair flew towards the towering inferno standing out from the dark landscape.

(any issues with this?)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 20:17 by Awkward Squirtle »

Offline OpalRhea

• PUK's unofficial psycho writing steampunked Charizard
  • Sentret Fan
  • Credit goes to meta spriters. Shiny Chary is smexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2014, 01:35 »
Okay, I'm in the process of finishing my forms. They should be done tomorrow.

Offline Queeny|NM

• Queen of Xenomorphs
  • Rex Fan
  • Back with a brand new attitude~
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2014, 21:35 »
((I tried to put this with my form, but it went over the character limit! I'm hoping it's alright if I put my starter post in a separate post here then. I'm taking a small liberty in regards to Mac's starter post, but it dosen't gmod anything, I just simply thought it'd fit. Here's hoping it's all alright, looking forward to getting this started!))

"This is a bit of a dull party.."
Karinda couldn't help the thought that ran through her mind as she mingled among the party-goers, making small talk and giving pleasant greetings when required. From the distance of the outer-grounds, where the Dragons were having their own celebratory conversing of a sorts, she could feel Hrolmir's gentle rumble of disagreement touching her thoughts.
A bit of dullness is relaxing though, no? Many here have long memories of tireless work as of recently. A somewhat slow gathering is a welcome change of pace for once.
Despite herself, she felt her lips part a little in a a wry smirk. Her dragon's thoughts on the matter while scholarly and wise in their appearance, masked what was most likely a bout of laziness she suspected. The returning feeling of insult from her silvery scaled friend all but confirmed her thoughts and she mildly sent across thoughts of understanding compromise across the bond, before once again retreating from her thoughts to focus on the party.

It wasn't so bad, she reasoned, after taking another look and grabbing a sweet tasting drink from one of the nearby barrels. Once she started to simply take the relaxed pace of things in her stride, she found herself even enjoying the event, mingling in conversation and even getting talking with a particular male about the curious knives she had spotted on his persons.
They were certainly unique and she couldn't help but feel fascinated by the weapons, wondering instantly how and where they were forged and noting the unusual design of the tapering towards the end of the simple blades.
She'd have gladly stayed in the pleasant conversation they were having had the sudden panicked cry not upstarted the entire party, leaving her laughter behind for instead a shocked wide-eyed look.

The messenger looked stark and dangerous against the flickering light of the bonfire, though as intimidating as his presance was, the message he carried was far worse.
"The Rider Capital? On fire..?"
Gasping, Karinda had to take a few moments to collect her racing thoughts, trying to compile this new wealth of information that had suddenly come forth. The rider capital set alight, by a group called the forsworn. Rouge dragon riders. The many how's and why's were overwhelming, and she was unable to make heads or tails of this sudden and frightening event.
Instead, she focused on turning her eyes skyward, where the noise of flapping wings was starting to congregate.
"Hrolmir-"
I'm already on my way. I felt your distress and reached my mind out to yours to see what was happening. Come, time is short.
No sooner than had Hrolmir's deep, soothing voice left her mind did the sheen of dark silver flash before her eyes and she was instinctively pulling herself into her place on his back, tightening the grip of the dragon's saddle before the two surged into the waiting sky.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 21:39 by Queeny|NM »

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2014, 21:38 »
I'm sure Chloe would be ok with it because the post wouldn't fit with your form.

Wolstenholme

« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2014, 22:37 »
Blaze is right, that's completely fine.

If Rhea's forms are all done by around 4PM GMT tomorrow then that's when I'll start writiing the first official post and we can begin. I'm so excited eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkk

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2014, 23:29 »
And if they aren't, Chloe (and I if requested) will go from there.

Wolstenholme

« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2014, 20:00 »
I have the starter post ready when everyone else is :-)

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2014, 20:33 »
Alright, if Opal has the forms done, on your cue.