Author Topic: Snow  (Read 4055 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Wrath of Zuruggu

• Sentret Fan
  • Flailing with arrogance since 1990
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART account
Re: Snow
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2015, 22:59 »
It barely snows here, either. In East Anglia we're protected by some windy stuff and and the sea is all whooooosh so the bad weathers generally stay away (unless it's come from the sea). I have always liked snow as long as I don't have anywhere to go. I like walking through it, then coming home and curling up in bed. But if I have to be somewhere and drive in it, ooooh no.

4WD ftl you just need to know how to control a 2WD P:

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2015, 23:05 »

not if you're driving in a snow storm unless you think this is a hot look for your car

i wanted to save up a bit more money and then buy a subaru wrx for the 4wd but then my car got smoosed and i wanted to be real careful with money in case they sued me and stuff
(which btw the results came back and my report like flawlessly matched the police report so i was only determined to be 10% at fault which is legally none in my state)

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2015, 04:53 »
i hate snow i wish guns were legal here so i could shoot it when it happens

i liked it the once or twice we got it after i spent ages living too close to the sea for snow and then in a goddamn mediterranean country but god im so fed up of it. its too cold, its rubbish, my asthma acts up and it melts in the crappy british sun only to refreeze and turn into a Deathtrap Hockey Rink cos the council are usleless and all

britain seems to be shocked that snow is a valid form of precipitation the way we go mad every time it happens and cars all crash into each other all 20 car pileup with a helicopter on top
           

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2015, 17:02 »
And we're getting hammered.

The rest of my family just got back from saturday leagues, and my sister decides to say how bad it was over and over again and when I tell her hat I got the idea, my mom yells at me. Yes people, I know how bad the snow and ice is, I fall on it regularly. Although not being able to see the streetlight 50 yards in front of you says a lot.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2015, 18:19 »
We have a few hours to go until the next big snow storm hits :s the skies are totally white and gray though.

I guess by the time it hits us we're supposed to get 6-8 inches by the end of today, and another 6 or so on Sunday. Yay. I woke up this morning and heard some crows making a ruckus, so I'm sort of getting hyped for spring.

Offline Clairefable

• worst jobby
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
    • abandon hope all ye who enter here
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2015, 21:28 »
But snow makes everything so pretty. Unfortunately it's usually to wet here for snow to lie but for the half hour or so that it does before it all turns to slush everything is lovely and sparkly. I love walking home from work when it's dark and snowy vwv

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2015, 04:08 »
So, not only do we have snow banks here over 10 feet high, and at my house there's snow piled up to my first floor windows, tomorrow there are supposed to be high wind speeds, and a low of -24 F with windchill, or -31 degrees for the rest of the world.

They still haven't sent any word on class being cancelled, but fingers crossed :( I do not want to leave my room in that.

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2015, 09:39 »

That's because you live in East Anglia and have no hills to contend with  :laugh:
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

Offline Kitt

• Lone Warrior
  • Rob Fan
  • Lone Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2015, 04:09 »
Here in Virginia we dodged the last two winter storms but didn't get so lucky the third time. Now we have 3-4 inches of snow but its the ice that I have problems with. I love snow, always have. The ice is a different story. Its hard and crunchy and makes roads incredibly dangerous. Here in Va people drive like r****ds so yeah. I dont drive yet.

Also, college is closed today and tomorrow. Waiting on news for Thursday.

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2015, 22:33 »
My state put a warrant out for the arrest of the Groundhog, Pucksatawney Phil for giving us all of that winter.

Across the nation, police have been filing similar requests, popularly against Elsa.

South Carolina police finally caught her... but I don't think putting her in jail is gonna stave off any storms.

Offline winterbane

• Warden of the North
  • Psythor Fan
  • Stay frosty.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2015, 23:47 »
Most of the big storms moving up from the US have hit us here, in smaller snowfall amounts - but of the five storms to hit, three of them turned to freezing rain. So the banks may only be four to six feet tall, but they're frozen solid and unable to be moved. Main roads are clear now, but sidestreets are in general bad enough that anything short of four-wheel drive is skidding halfway. It certainly doesn't help that our roads are bad and uneven, so the plows are leaving big chunks of snow and ice on them, and the sidewalks are nominally plowed, but rainfall followed  by sudden cold snaps has left them all sheet ice slides.

And when the city is pretty much all hills... it's bad.
There's a horror movie named Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everybody keeps invading you. - The Doctor

Offline the bread dragon

• my furniture has come alive
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2015, 15:11 »
today is my first day back in school since the 13th due to snow, i don't really remember anything lol

Offline Dorchadas

• *Vaguely menacing gestation*
  • Rex Fan
  • Pkmn.net: Largest eyelash trade hub in the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2015, 20:16 »
I'm lovin this weather. I could do with this much snow year round.
That seriously isn't funny.

I was being completely dead serious. It's amazing. Although I'm adding "Unless I'm doing the shoveling". :P
Click the fuzzy little dragons!

Offline Kitt

• Lone Warrior
  • Rob Fan
  • Lone Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2015, 02:04 »
Urrrrrrgh!

After a week of snow its finally cleared away...only to be snowing again today! Why must the weather god Rayquaza be so harsh on us?

Offline Wrath of Zuruggu

• Sentret Fan
  • Flailing with arrogance since 1990
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART account
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2015, 08:26 »
That's because you live in East Anglia and have no hills to contend with  :laugh:

Ahaha, you got me! I doubt my fiesta would make it up an icy hill, as surprisingly good as it is off-road.