Author Topic: my white team!  (Read 1199 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline MegaNerd14

• Highest Master Meganerd
  • Rex Fan
  • my battle theme is "Radix - Fire and Ice"
    • View Profile
my white team!
« on: April 20, 2016, 17:42 »
My white team:

Samurott

Megahorn
Ice Beam
Facade
Surf

Ability: Torrent
Item: Mystic Water

Excadrill

Earthquake
Sludge Bomb
Sandstorm
Rock Slide

Ability: Sand Rush
Item: Scope Lens

Scrafty

Strength
Hi Jump Kick
Crunch
Stone Edge

Ability: Moxie
Item: Wide Lens

Galvantula

Thunder
X-Scissor
Light Screen
Toxic

Ability: Compound Eyes
Item: Magnet

Chandelure

Energy Ball
Shadow Ball
Flamethrower
Double Team

Ability: Flame Body
Item: Brightpowder

Braviary

Fly
Brave Bird
Thrash
Rock Slide

Ability: Sheer Force
Item: Shell Bell

And that's my white team. please rate it as soon as possible.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 22:25 by PokeMaster9001 »
[insert memes] [insert signature too]

Offline sans the skeleton

• they/them pronouns please
  • Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
Re: my white team!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 21:03 »
i'm gonna post my suggestions based on what i would go with if i was using those pokes. going by gen 5 stuff this time, but do correct me if i accidentally leak into gen 6.

Samurott

Ice Beam
Surf
Air Slash/hidden power [Ground] (Coverage)/Return/X-Scissor
Megahorn

Ability: Torrent
Item: Mystic Water (You could change out for amulet coin if you plan on this guy being your lead if you need money, in and out at your leisure)

IMO facade is pretty useless without toxic orb, and i think itd only be situationally useful. the alternative for a normal move with be return, but the rest of the suggestions are use suggestions for coverage. this guy's a great mixed attacker in my experience, but i tend to prefer special attack as a whole because I'm a sucker for that.

-

Excadrill

Earthquake
Rock Slide
Iron Head (STAB)
Sandstorm (for use w/ abilities) / Shadow Claw / Poison Jab

Ability: Sand Rush or Sand Force if you have Sandstorm, otherwise Mold Breaker to keep your attack up.
Item: Scope Lens / Smooth Rock (Smooth rock's a lot better if he's got sandstorm - means you've got more time for sandstorm upkeep.)

Also, I think Smooth Rock is available in the desert and within the sewers (but im pretty sure the latter is BW2 only tho). I remember finding a smooth rock in the lower left corner by that one trainer, i think. I might be wrong so you might want to look it up before you plan on getting this. Pretty alright set, im just focusing on coverage RN. Poison Jab might do better against grass types, and may do a dent in some water types. They're generally bulky, so if they get poisoned, it might help if you plan to switch him out. Very risky, though, so be careful. He's pretty bulky but water can take him down quicker than some moves

Likely to be a solid player with his defences/resistances and bulkiness, too

-

Scrafty

Strength / Dragon Dance (I know you don't like HM slaves - Dragon Dance just helps his stats even more, but it's optional.)
Drain Punch / Hi Jump Kick
Crunch
Ice Punch / Zen Headbutt

Ability: Moxie / Shed Skin (Both are good so this comes to personal preference)
Item: Wide Lens / Scope Lens (Only use Scope Lens if you're using smooth rock for exadrill, seeing as youll find scope lens freed up that way)

for some reason i keep thinking this guy's a ground pokemon. probably because i keep running into him in the desert area. he's dark/fighting and pretty good for what he does, mind
I'm not a big fan of hi jump kick, personally. prior experience had me miss 3 times in a row. despite that it gets STAB and can be pretty devastating, but with the combination of the rest of your team you can afford to go with drain punch instead. (Plus, drain punch gives a little more survivability.)

in terms of ingame experience, sawk and throh have been better, (Sawk has had better attack and throh has been bulkier) but he has good typing and adds that extra coverage that his competitors are gonna lack.

-

Galvantula

Thunder
X-Scissor / Bug Buzz (I have little experience with the latter, so former might be better)
Hidden Power [Best type would be ground or something to give the guy more coverage.] - Alternatively, if he's got a bad hidden power, use Cross Poison, Cut [HM only], Poison Jab (if you havent used it already) or protect/thunderwave. Thunderwave abuse is admittedly new to me (and ive been playing for my entire life) but i heard it was pretty useful in gen 5 and i used it a lot in BW2 on magnezone. its a lot more useful than previously thought
Giga Drain / Volt Switch (Volt switch is useful because it'll let you switch out easier, and you can abuse it with his speed. Giga drain is coverage + little survivability. Toxic is alright as well, I guess?)

Ability: Compound Eyes / Swarm (If you want him to be physical, Swarm's better. Special is a lot better with compound eyes.)
Item: Magnet (Or the bug equivalent - you'll get his STAB right up. You've got a good idea)

-

Chandelure

Energy Ball
Shadow Ball
Flamethrower / Heat Wave / Fire Blast (Blast's better for power, but flamethrower is powerful and more reliable, so I'll agree with you there. Heat Wave is better than fire blast for accuracy and better than flamethrower for power - but only has base 10 PP.)
Hidden Power (Fighting or something you need more coverage in.) Alternatively, dark pulse for coverage.

Ability: Infiltrator <- Guy doesn't have this in BW, according to a site. If you can get this ability, do it. Flash Fire seems to be the most popular one for movesets.
Item: Brightpowder / Charcoal / Whatever the ghost version is.

So some rival site states this guy's a mixed bag, and in my experience that's not far off. His speed could be better, his attack is bad, and his HP needs improvement. His defences aren't that bad, bt the HP brings him down a bit. His special attack is great though! I don't use him as much as I want to. I've usually got my team together before I run into this guy. :(

He's a little frail, but if you do decide to go with light screen on Gal, might not be so bad.

Furthermore, I know I said this in the last topic too, but accuracy isn't terribly top notch to rely on in general. In my opinion it's a wasted move. That aside, accuracy reducing moves EG sand attack are great to stack, if you're adamant on it.

Also, if you're like me and like annoying NPCs, grab yourself pain split. Don't do it you're wasting a move slot take it from me.

-

Braviary

Fly (Replace with Roost if you want survivability, but you'll miss out on a HM. Fly is actually pretty useful to give Braviary a breather, though.)
Brave Bird
Thrash / Return (I prefer Return, but I like moves like Thrash too )
Rock Slide / U-turn / superpower / rock smash (this one's up to you, rock smash is only for use in the field tbh if you have it in BW. Uturn for survivability/quick changes, super power if you want power. Rock slide is good for coverage, too.)

Ability: Defiant / Keen Eye (Go for defiant if you want him to get attack for every stat loss, otherwise keen eye)
Item: Shell Bell (Life orb + roost and three attacks is also an attractive option if you're willing to keep it up for the upkeep.)

I don't have a lot of changes for this guy, if any, just suggestions for alternatives if any of the moves aren't working for you. Brave bird should be alright, though.

Be careful, this guy's got a bit of a speed issue. Tailwind or similar moves can help patch it up a bit. You probably already know this but his sp. atk is poor, so dont saddle this guy with any sp attacks. He will disappoint you. Poor bird. You get good HP and great attack out of it.

Bulk up can mess with Brav's usual counters, but metang (yeah, metang, not metagross) can mess with them regardless. Rock Pokemon with Rock Blast, such as Golem, are generally safe bets against Braviary, only really fearing Choice Band-boosted Superpowers, and they can get through Braviary's Substitutes thanks to the move hitting multiple times. Probopass and Lairon, despite easily falling to a Superpower, are some of the best solutions against the Bulk Up set, as thanks to Power Gem and Roar they cannot be set up on at all, and they 4x resist both of Braviary's STABs. So look out for them.

So there's my opinion based on how i've went though the game. As per usual, Natures are important (especially if it lowers a stat the pokemon relies on - thats bad!!!) so just keep an eye out for those. As long as it boosts or is neutral to the stats your pokemon needs you should be 'ight for ingame.

PS. Also, general helpful advice - check out ingame tiers for pokemon if you start a new run. It helps you build if you get stuck.

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

Offline MegaNerd14

• Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2016, 21:57 »
i ditched Infiltrator for Flame Body. It IS available for it in BW, bit i had too much trouble finding it. Flash Fire is also stupid on a chandelure, being an ability that ups flamethrower's power if it's hit by any fire attack, why would anybody hit a fire type with a fire type move!?! it's dumb.

UPDATE:
The only steel type move excadrill learns in this game is metal claw, for some reason, with samurott, facade is always useful because status conditions are strangely popular with the AI, galvantula is for setup/backup and ill later ditch it for zekrom, braviary is my flying pokemon/powerhouse. im aiming for power and coverage, while spreading HMs
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 01:01 by PokeMaster9001 »

Offline sans the skeleton

• they/them pronouns please
  • Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2016, 22:00 »
well according to a rival site, it only gets infiltrator in XY, as it's completely absent from the black/white version when im looking at its sets. and its a ingame team dude, the AI trainers dont really have brains. either of their abilities'll have to do :p

EDIT: i mean the site might be wrong? its probably not infalliable

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

Offline MegaNerd14

• Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2016, 17:15 »
how do you get the images in your text?

Offline The name master

• The name rater's rival!
  • Joeno Fan
  • I rate your nicknames (unofficially)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2016, 17:18 »
how do you get the images in your text?
Copy the image link, paste it, then highlight it and click on this button

« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 17:20 by The name master »
Thanks to Inferna for one of the many reasons why I love Dragonite!