Poll

Who do you think is the best doctor who of all time?

William Hartnell
2 (2.6%)
Patrick Troughton
1 (1.3%)
Jon Pertwee
1 (1.3%)
Tom Baker
4 (5.2%)
Peter Davison
0 (0%)
Colin Baker
1 (1.3%)
Sylvester McCoy
2 (2.6%)
Paul McGann
2 (2.6%)
Christopher Eccleston
15 (19.5%)
David Tennant
32 (41.6%)
Matt Smith
17 (22.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 282616 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline MM|Spectreon

• Clappy clappy clappy~
  • Rex Fan
  • Ship out, kid! I said MOVE IT!
    • View Profile
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #705 on: March 26, 2008, 13:21 »
:D :D :D

Yay... Caecilius and Metella!

I'm holding out for some Grumio though!
NOWAY

Slightly random putting the preview at the end of Toy Story 2, though.
Really needs HeartGold >.<
W:48 L:23

Offline espeoradar

• Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: March 26, 2008, 18:16 »
CAECILIUS EST IN HORTO.

Caecilius et Metella sedetabant in horto. (Is that right?)
There now everyone's happy!

Also I've heard that Tennant is planning to stay longer that Tom Baker otherwise known as the longest running doctor ever (7 years as the doctor)!!

Offline French Salamence

• He's coming back.
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • I'm Dracula!
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: March 26, 2008, 19:55 »
Ah well, if I pray hard enough, maybe they ll bring back Romana for the 5 series as the new companion. She was quite a cool companion back in the day. :)

There's a little problem with that. She's probably dead. I've just DWM and someone on the Galaxy Forum thought the character that Sarah Lancashire plays in Partners in Crime is the Rani.

The 13 regeneration rule is old though, right? They could easily retcon it.
They did it for the Master

Yes, but then you get angry fanboys shaking fists at the writers for not being faith to the rule.

And I doubt the series can go on forever. They did kill off the rest of the Timelords (Unless they re all in Watches...), the Master, a lot of Daleks, yeah. That seems very climatic.
I think the Master is not truely gone. Russell said and I quote "I had the hand pick up the watch so any further writers do have a good reason to bring back The Master.

Rumour Mill: Russell T Davies may be leaving as Executive Producer.

Offline Danse Macabre ( 6,6)

• YGO & Pokemon Veteran
  • Joeno Fan
  • The Old Hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: March 26, 2008, 20:21 »
David Tennant is an awesome Doctor, that's a horrible thing to say.

Im not sure about why companions are advertised. I liked the concept of, for instace, people like Mr Copper (Voyage of the Damned) joining, in that unexpected way. I know he didnt, but if he did, or that pompus rich guy did, would've made my day, instead of them being anounced as usual.

I don't know if Tennant was advertised as the Doctor before Parting of the Ways was broadcast, but that was unexpected.

Whether or not David Tennant is a good Doctor or not is personal opinion - he's my absolutely LEAST favourite Doctor of all time. I know that generally he is liked, so I was trying not to bring up my personal feelings in the last post. *lol* I guess it is horrible to say if you like him.

However, people saying OMGWANTNEWDOCTOR are pretty silly, imo, because it's just bringing the programme to an end (unless of course, the reasons I explained above are deployed). I hope that it doesn't leak about Ser 3 Ep 13 during the series, because I honest to God want a surprise D: It's probably going to be Davros, but it could be somebody else.

CAECILIUS EST IN HORTO.

I know what you mean Lorem, that was why I was REALLY annoyed by Eccleston leaving after just one season. Personally I would have preferred Eccleston to stay for 4/5 seasons and Tennent to have the one. Also thats why it was a bit of a shame that McGann's Doctor never made it to an actual series.

It's a matter of taste really, I don't like Tennant as a Doctor.. that's it really!

You are misled. The process a Time Lord goes through to change their body is called Regeneration. "A Time Lord has thirteen lives," says the Eighth Doctor.

You may be wondering why Captain Jack said, "So, this new regeneration... kinda kinky" to describe the Doctor's current form. Well, for one thing, the Doctor did actually explain to him properly so he might have improvising. Russell T Davis needs to be carefully when thing s contradict true statements (ironically, they're known as "paradoxes").

That's what I've always been led to believe in regards to the regenerations.. a Doctor has 13 lives/12 regenerations. Though I read in an old annual somewhere that most Time Lords have 12 lives, but the Doctor has an extra life.. though I may be wrong.

I doubt they would retcon such a basic rule of Doctor Who mythology as the amount of lives the Doctor has.. but does anyone remember a little character called the Master? He had used up all his regenerations and YET he was brought back with what appears to be a full set, to fight the timewar.

They coulod always find a way of returning the odd life or two if they want to (such as Gallafrey retunring through a dimensional rift etc, etc).
Internet celebrity in the making Danté Solablood! For all your Minecraft LP needs go to: http://www.youtube.com/user/KamenDev

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: March 27, 2008, 20:16 »
Oh, I just can't wait for the new series.

I need to get into Doctor Who. I'll watch it more often when the new series comes out. :]

Offline 1794mew

• Im #027 Sandshrew in the Puk crew version 3. "If the world chooses to become my enemy, I will fight like I always have."
  • Joeno Fan
  • Awww Ain't He Cute *Huggles* Thanks Lorem
    • View Profile
    • Twilight Realm
« Reply #710 on: March 27, 2008, 20:56 »
does anyone remember a little character called the Master? He had used up all his regenerations and YET he was brought back with what appears to be a full set, to fight the timewar.
Actually (Using my knowledge from watching old episodes and my latest annual) I can tell you what happened.
All time lords have a MAXIMUM of 12 regenerations. However after the master carelessly using up all of his he transported himself into the body of a Trakenite and began his cycle again. However after the Darlek's executed him the 8th Doctor took his ashes back to Gallifrey. However they transformed into a "blob" and took over an ambulance drive. Finally before we saw him last he was sucked into the Eye of Harmony (the TARDIS's power source) after trying to steal the doctors remaining regenerations (in the doctor who movie) and then when he was brought back he would either of been given 12 new regenerations or kept his old ones left. Either way he has had many more than anyother time lord
Thanks Catstorm
[Sig under creation]

Offline Lorem Ipsum

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: March 27, 2008, 22:02 »
Caecilius et Metella sedetabant in horto. (Is that right?)
There now everyone's happy!

Also I've heard that Tennant is planning to stay longer that Tom Baker otherwise known as the longest running doctor ever (7 years as the doctor)!!

Caecilius et Metella sedebant in horto is the correct, but meh

Offline LB

• Norwegian Wood
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • Tournée du Chat Noir
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: March 27, 2008, 22:31 »
It's going to be a pretty amazing geek experience.. Doctor Who meets the Cambridge Latin Course!
"It occurred to me that this was what you might get if Walt Disney did an animated version of a Munch painting."

"It seemed to me that the longest imaginable distance separated irregular German verb forms from this kitchen table."

• YGO & Pokemon Veteran
  • Joeno Fan
  • The Old Hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: March 27, 2008, 22:48 »
Actually (Using my knowledge from watching old episodes and my latest annual) I can tell you what happened.
All time lords have a MAXIMUM of 12 regenerations. However after the master carelessly using up all of his he transported himself into the body of a Trakenite and began his cycle again. However after the Darlek's executed him the 8th Doctor took his ashes back to Gallifrey. However they transformed into a "blob" and took over an ambulance drive. Finally before we saw him last he was sucked into the Eye of Harmony (the TARDIS's power source) after trying to steal the doctors remaining regenerations (in the doctor who movie) and then when he was brought back he would either of been given 12 new regenerations or kept his old ones left. Either way he has had many more than anyother time lord

Hmm, from watching the movie I thought that the Master was on his last life - therefore he had effectively run out & had been brought back to help fight the timerwar as he was one of the more gifted Time Lords.. unfortunately he was also a coward and transformed himself in order to hide.

But then there are a fair few discrepancies between the movie & series.. such as the decision to make the inside of the (that we see) Tardis smaller.

One other quite interesting fact is that in Scream of the Shalka (which doesn't unfortunately fit into the timeline but WAS a great portrayal of the Doctor), the Master was actually punished by the Time Lords to follow the Doctor as an android companion... that may be how his "personality" was kept alive following the loss of his regenerative abilities.
Internet celebrity in the making Danté Solablood! For all your Minecraft LP needs go to: http://www.youtube.com/user/KamenDev

Offline LB

• Norwegian Wood
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • Tournée du Chat Noir
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: March 28, 2008, 07:53 »
I didn't think he'd got a full cycle back after he took Tremas' body on Traken.. Just got that body to live in. As far as I know, he didn't get a full cycle of regenerations back, or indeed any regenerations at all, until the Time Lords brought him back from the Eye of Harmony to fight in the Time War.. And that's the cycle we see him passing through in the Jacobi -> Simm regeneration at the end of Utopia. I think.
"It occurred to me that this was what you might get if Walt Disney did an animated version of a Munch painting."

"It seemed to me that the longest imaginable distance separated irregular German verb forms from this kitchen table."

Offline MM|Spectreon

• Clappy clappy clappy~
  • Rex Fan
  • Ship out, kid! I said MOVE IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: March 28, 2008, 08:48 »
Caecilius et Metella sedebant in horto is the correct, but meh
Really? I thought it was Caecilius et Metella in horto sedebant.
Look what you started now, you...
Really needs HeartGold >.<
W:48 L:23

Offline Turtlejosh

• Yay Turtles!
  • Joeno Fan
  • I don't care if it's a tortoise, it's still mine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: March 28, 2008, 22:10 »
has anyone seen the newest advert? It has the Sontarons, Ood and Daleks.

Does this mean there will be Daleks?

Offline Superficial Mycosis

• Untitled
  • Fan Rotom
  • Pronouns: They/Them
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #717 on: March 28, 2008, 22:12 »
the advert made me happy, cos of the Ood..  they better not all get killed this time =\

Offline Angelic Lapras King

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Angel Wings! Please Guide Me And The Lapras!
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery of Maddness
« Reply #718 on: March 29, 2008, 00:15 »
Well, the Ood's ep is set on their home planet, so unless the Doctor blows up the planet... o.o

"What did I say would happen if you got onto my back Oak?"

• YGO & Pokemon Veteran
  • Joeno Fan
  • The Old Hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: March 29, 2008, 02:55 »
Well, the Ood's ep is set on their home planet, so unless the Doctor blows up the planet... o.o

*Lol* A telepathic / psychic virus.. pretty much the same idea as passing the Doctor's name around at the end of the last season BUT much more deadly due to the easily influenced telepathic Ood.

That may wipe out a planet full of ood.. then again I'm not really in a genocide kind of mood today..