Poll

Who do you think is the best doctor who of all time?

William Hartnell
2 (2.6%)
Patrick Troughton
1 (1.3%)
Jon Pertwee
1 (1.3%)
Tom Baker
4 (5.2%)
Peter Davison
0 (0%)
Colin Baker
1 (1.3%)
Sylvester McCoy
2 (2.6%)
Paul McGann
2 (2.6%)
Christopher Eccleston
15 (19.5%)
David Tennant
32 (41.6%)
Matt Smith
17 (22.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 284072 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 22 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline FaFniR

• Sentret Fan
  • You maybe got lucky for a few good years
    • View Profile
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #1230 on: July 21, 2008, 11:50 »
Jenny is to return in a special. Maybe they'll be news in DWM? I hope so.

Got a source for that? Planetgallifrey doesn't seem to have mentioned it.

And if you remember correctly, Moffat was the one who requested her to be kept alive. Which means she's returning in season 31 (series 5).

"Footloose and fancy-free, we set off among the adventure towns, seeking the next place, rather than our fortunes."

Role Play Riffs

LOL JOHTO REMAKE

Offline Lord of Time

• 1#The doctor in the Tardis crew!
  • Iceduck Fan
  • I have regenerated on the lost moon of pooch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: July 21, 2008, 11:55 »
Cool I hope she is returning ;D
If you want to be in theTARDIS crew PM me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Mertek the Elekid

• Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: July 21, 2008, 11:58 »
sprry to interrupt the wonderous xmas special n S5 speculation n discussion but i just got S3 on DVD and have been watching it through and... did anyone else notice the designs on Lazarus' walls and computer screens were an animated version of the design on the Masters ring? and another thing.. i dont know whether this has been mentionedb efore or not but did anyone think the Master had Lucy under his mind control from the weird way she acted?
oh yeah, i have to admit to only seeing a couple episodes from S4 but im guessing after Dalek Caan emergency temporal shifted from 30s Manhattan in S3 you didnt actually see him rescue old Davros from the time war? anyone else wishing theyd show what happened in the time war?

ok ok, thats me done for now
Courtesy of Justicity! Get your own "PokeYou" in Fanart>I Want to Draw YOU!!

Offline Latias Tamer

• WOCNWORBWONWO
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: July 21, 2008, 13:06 »
I think they've got to be careful if they show anything of the time war. Since it's pretty much the centre of Doctor Who, they need to plan it out well, before showing anything of it.
Yes.

Offline French Salamence

• He's coming back.
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • I'm Dracula!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: July 21, 2008, 13:13 »
I think they've got to be careful if they show anything of the time war. Since it's pretty much the centre of Doctor Who, they need to plan it out well, before showing anything of it.
I think they should make it into a movie.

Offline Latias Tamer

• WOCNWORBWONWO
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: July 21, 2008, 13:25 »
I guess that bringing any of it back with the Doctor in, it would mean bringing back Paul Mcann, in whatever way is needed.
Yes.

Offline Lorem Ipsum

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: July 21, 2008, 22:46 »
did anyone else notice the designs on Lazarus' walls and computer screens were an animated version of the design on the Masters ring?

It's Gallifreyan traditional writing. The reason it was on Lazarus' walls is because the project appears to have been funded by the evil old Time Lord.

Offline 1794mew

• Im #027 Sandshrew in the Puk crew version 3. "If the world chooses to become my enemy, I will fight like I always have."
  • Joeno Fan
  • Awww Ain't He Cute *Huggles* Thanks Lorem
    • View Profile
    • Twilight Realm
« Reply #1237 on: July 22, 2008, 22:05 »
Sorry to ruin all this talk, but I was watching "The unquiet dead" S1 E3.
And Gwenth said "All those people rushing about. Half naked, for shame. And the noise... and the metal boxes racing past... and the birds in the sky... they're metal as well. Metal birds with people in them. People flying. And you - you've flown so far, further than anyone! The things you've seen... the darkness... the big bad wolf-- "
Now either that is a very long plan (unlikly because at this point she was not supposed to leave in season 2) or it is the biggest coinkydink in history
Thanks Catstorm
[Sig under creation]

Offline LB

• Norwegian Wood
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • TournĂ©e du Chat Noir
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: July 22, 2008, 23:37 »
Sorry to ruin all this talk, but I was watching "The unquiet dead" S1 E3.
And Gwenth said "All those people rushing about. Half naked, for shame. And the noise... and the metal boxes racing past... and the birds in the sky... they're metal as well. Metal birds with people in them. People flying. And you - you've flown so far, further than anyone! The things you've seen... the darkness... the big bad wolf-- "
Now either that is a very long plan (unlikly because at this point she was not supposed to leave in season 2) or it is the biggest coinkydink in history

Umm... well, 'Bad Wolf' was the arc word for that series.. Cropping up in almost every episode, and being fully explained at the end!
"It occurred to me that this was what you might get if Walt Disney did an animated version of a Munch painting."

"It seemed to me that the longest imaginable distance separated irregular German verb forms from this kitchen table."

Offline French Salamence

• He's coming back.
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • I'm Dracula!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: July 24, 2008, 17:02 »
DWM says that in the proms cutaway an old enemy returns, the Graske! In The Sarah Jane Adventures, the Brigadier is back!

Offline Angelic Lapras King

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Angel Wings! Please Guide Me And The Lapras!
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery of Maddness
« Reply #1240 on: July 24, 2008, 20:35 »
I guess that bringing any of it back with the Doctor in, it would mean bringing back Paul Mcann, in whatever way is needed.
Would be nice, since the 8th Doctor was wasted for that crappy movie (Which I resaw recently. Its so un-Doctor Who... o.o). Maybe not a movie, but maybe a spin off series people would care about? An 8th Doctor Adventures Spin Off Series would be nice. :)

"What did I say would happen if you got onto my back Oak?"

pokeguru V2

« Reply #1241 on: July 25, 2008, 00:30 »
Would be nice, since the 8th Doctor was wasted for that crappy movie (Which I resaw recently. Its so un-Doctor Who... o.o).

people in America never heard of Doctor Who back then...so they had to make it un Doctor whoey!

now they do...maybe they can make it more relevant..

Offline FaFniR

• Sentret Fan
  • You maybe got lucky for a few good years
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: July 31, 2008, 23:42 »
NO posts on Music of the Spheres? Jesus. Great mini-episode, the concept was clever and the music theme was deep. Gotta love the Doctor using the 3rd's old trump card/excuse for everything.

RTD has stated that the Christmas special's title is comprised of three words that apparently "gives away too much". I'm betting it's 'The One Doctor', since that's the audio story this one's based off (albeit very loosely).

ALSO, rumours are still going strong that the Sea Devils and the Master (still John Simm) will be in the TV specials. If the latter is true, let's hope we get back the style of the Classic series Master.

OH OH OH, best piece of news yet: the Brigadier (sp?) is returning to Sarah Jane Adventures! Better yet, he rather badassedly kills a Sontaran with a gun hidden in his cane. Also, Harry Sullivan will be referenced. To me, this makes season two worth watching.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 23:45 by FaFniR »

"Footloose and fancy-free, we set off among the adventure towns, seeking the next place, rather than our fortunes."

Role Play Riffs

LOL JOHTO REMAKE

Offline The Librarian

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: August 01, 2008, 05:42 »
Oh, I forgot about Music of the Spheres. It really was great, as were the whole Doctor Who Proms. Loved the bit where the Graske went to Earth. Especially the "Albert Hall; you've got a Graske on the loose. And hes stolen my water pistol!" bit.
"SOME PEOPLE WILL DO ANYTHING FOR THE SHEER FASCINATION OF DOING IT, said Death. OR FOR FAME. OR BECAUSE THEY SHOULDN'T."

master1

« Reply #1244 on: August 01, 2008, 12:44 »
I wish I could of been there. Apparently, the 'Graske' was running around the place and sheets of music were thrown from above. Oh golly, how exciting.