Poll

Who do you think is the best doctor who of all time?

William Hartnell
2 (2.6%)
Patrick Troughton
1 (1.3%)
Jon Pertwee
1 (1.3%)
Tom Baker
4 (5.2%)
Peter Davison
0 (0%)
Colin Baker
1 (1.3%)
Sylvester McCoy
2 (2.6%)
Paul McGann
2 (2.6%)
Christopher Eccleston
15 (19.5%)
David Tennant
32 (41.6%)
Matt Smith
17 (22.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 284130 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 26 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Darkwing

• Typhlosion Fan
  • I may be good... but I don't play nice
    • View Profile
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #1635 on: May 16, 2010, 17:38 »
Is it just me or was the whole Dream Lord idea a little too herbally sourced?

Offline RocketMember002

• Joy Incarnate
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: May 16, 2010, 22:22 »
Didn't like the latest ep, just felt like a pointless filler with an OTT storyline to compensate. Dunno what Pond girl sees in ponytail man, seems like an utter prat to me.

EMPIRE

« Reply #1637 on: May 16, 2010, 22:30 »
I actually liked this episode. It was better than the week before lasts one imo.

Offline August J. Stuffiman IV

• Legendary Gentleman
  • Joeno Fan
  • The fourth in the prestigious line of Stuffimans.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: May 16, 2010, 22:58 »
I loved this episode, posessed pensioners were both hilarious and slightly scary, and I thought Toby Jones was fantastic as the Dream Lord. He managed to make the character so dark, teasing, and just generally a slimy, loathsome character. Which was exactly what was needed.

Offline Sebastian Moran

• ᕦ(ಠ益ಠ)ᕤ Tries too hard
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Fan
  • the pride of roast britain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: May 17, 2010, 13:03 »
hear hear.. Dream Lord was done fantastically I must say. Then again I guess I just love characters like that so.. huzzah. What August said just thar.

Slightly interesting that.. the whole thing was about Amy's choice.. so would she choose Rory's world, in the countryside, or the Doctor's world in the tardis?
..then she technically ended up choosing the Doctor's world as the reality, har.

But.. yes. A good episode, I enjoyed it~ I do like things like this.. just a bit odd.
And the aliens being axe- and zimmer-frame-weilding-OAPs? Someone give simon nye a cigar.

oh and @pandemonium [because i keep forgetting this topic]: I didn't say it wasn't more acceptable this way round than the other.. but the fact that it is.. that worries me just a little, harr.. and being presented as comedy. Not just in this programme.. it appears all over the place.
I dunno. Just me then. Like I said, i'm not going to go on a protest or write strongly worded letters, but it unnerves me a little.

aaand @ALK: after rewatching.. yeah, the space fish look spiffy.. except for the bit where gilbert-fish exploded, haah.. but that bit where the doctor's on top of the tower.. just a bit.. hmmm. 
Though the scenery.. for example right at the beginning.. and how they did everything else was fantastic.
..though was/is the water really that turquoise in Venice? :v
Still lovely, though. I'm a nerd, I watch the whole Confidential shebang, so that was pretty interesting.

Dunno what Pond girl sees in ponytail man, seems like an utter prat to me.

made me amused because I think exactly the opposite of those two D: 

« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 13:09 by Halfwit »

be humble,
for you are
made of earth.

be noble,
for you are
made of stars.

Offline Mushroom

• PKMN.NET's Original Pirate Captain
  • Elite Four Member
  • Name Rater Hater
  • "Last Post On The Page" King
    • View Profile
    • My Music Review Site
« Reply #1640 on: May 17, 2010, 13:40 »
I have to agree, the Dreamlord was fantastic.

When it was all like "The Doctor knows who you are" I just kept going "Don't be The Master, don't be The Master, don't be The Master". So I appreciated the ending they went with. It was a great "What If" episode.

New Villains=Yay
Old Villains=Boo
(though the Angels episode was riviting)

Offline Awkward Squirtle

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: May 17, 2010, 15:55 »
I enjoyed seeing the Dreamlord. angels episode was good from a series pivot point of view, but I found they lost some of the original terror from Blink. Not as scary for me.

Offline Dragonpika

• Call me Kay~
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • blub!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: May 17, 2010, 20:05 »
There was nowhere near as much mindscrew (to use Mark's lovely word <3) in that episode as I'd hoped for ): I was expecting it to be like, choosing between a perfect dream or the truth of reality, either that or it would make me afraid to fall asleep that night! But noooo it was obvious from like halfway through that it was ALL a dream D: dgfgfhsd

And it was weird.. they should've just all decided to die in the TARDIS reality, because they were gonna die anyway there, so that they might've woken up in the other reality.. but then, if the Doctor knew that the Dream Lord was him anyway, he surely knew it was all a dream anyway and therefore should've just killed them all off in both realities! Ohh I am muchly confused ):

I thought the Dream Lord was played really well though.. and the weird plant biddies were kinda nifty haha.

Also I fall a little more in love with Matt Smith with every passing week.

..though was/is the water really that turquoise in Venice? :v 

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought the water looked really weird xD it was decidedly grey last time I went to Venice P:

wake up, kids
    we've got the dreamers disease

Offline Awkward Squirtle

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: May 17, 2010, 20:11 »
Maybe the fishpyres affected the colour?

Offline August J. Stuffiman IV

• Legendary Gentleman
  • Joeno Fan
  • The fourth in the prestigious line of Stuffimans.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: May 17, 2010, 21:30 »
but then, if the Doctor knew that the Dream Lord was him anyway, he surely knew it was all a dream anyway and therefore should've just killed them all off in both realities! Ohh I am muchly confused ):

The Doctor knew who the Dream Lord was quite early on, but he said himself he didn't know how he could be there. Therefore he didn't know both were dreams until quite late. I do think he knew that both were dreams before Rory died and Amy made her choice, but didn't say anything to make her actually CHOOSE; takes the whole point away if he'd said "It doesn't matter, he's not really dead, both are dreams".

Offline Awkward Squirtle

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: May 18, 2010, 15:52 »
Or maybe he was just acting to try and make the whole thing look convincing?

Offline Darkwing

• Typhlosion Fan
  • I may be good... but I don't play nice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: May 18, 2010, 16:42 »
This Doctor, that believable... Nah. I found my own way around it... Anytime I get caught up in trying to make that episode make sense, I just go to Youtube and call up Tallulah's song from Daleks in Manhattan. It cures all problems.

Offline RocketMember002

• Joy Incarnate
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: May 23, 2010, 14:02 »
Yesterday's ep seemed good to me, shame that annoying corny father didn't die in a slow gory fashion though. Oh well, always next week for that.
Interesting story in the "Aliens" not actually being aliens, and sort of having more right to the planet than the humans do, actually looking forward to next week's one now. Slightly sick of stupid children running off and causing trouble by doing so, maybe he can die with his dad in a heartwarming finale.

Offline Awkward Squirtle

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: May 23, 2010, 14:55 »
I'm sure he was dissected in a slow and gory fashion. The fact it's before the watershed and a family show puts a bit of a stopper on how much they can do.

EMPIRE

« Reply #1649 on: May 23, 2010, 19:44 »
I thought this episode was brilliant. Really looked forward to it and I wasn't disappointed

Any body know how to pronounce the reptile thingys names?