Poll

Who do you think is the best doctor who of all time?

William Hartnell
2 (2.6%)
Patrick Troughton
1 (1.3%)
Jon Pertwee
1 (1.3%)
Tom Baker
4 (5.2%)
Peter Davison
0 (0%)
Colin Baker
1 (1.3%)
Sylvester McCoy
2 (2.6%)
Paul McGann
2 (2.6%)
Christopher Eccleston
15 (19.5%)
David Tennant
32 (41.6%)
Matt Smith
17 (22.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 284145 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 24 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Latias Tamer

• WOCNWORBWONWO
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #1725 on: June 22, 2010, 00:50 »

That was the most impressive moment i ever seen. the ending was amazing. i would love to talk about it some more but don't want due to spoilers.
They're not spoilers...everyone has seen the episode so you're not spoiling it for anyone. =p
Yes.

Offline Snagprophet

• Electric Master
  • Sentret Fan
  • Shocking
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: June 22, 2010, 09:07 »
That was the most impressive moment i ever seen. the ending was amazing. i would love to talk about it some more but don't want due to spoilers.

But who is stupid enough to come onto this topic once an episode has aired and they haven't yet seen it?

EMPIRE

« Reply #1727 on: June 22, 2010, 13:43 »
Perhaps the pandorica is keeping The Doctor safe? I mean maybe the alliance know nobody else apart from The Doctor can save them and everything but if they were to ask him to save them he'd think its a trap. So they trapped him to save all the universes, just a thought.

Offline Darkwing

• Typhlosion Fan
  • I may be good... but I don't play nice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: June 22, 2010, 15:50 »
Perhaps the pandorica is keeping The Doctor safe? I mean maybe the alliance know nobody else apart from The Doctor can save them and everything but if they were to ask him to save them he'd think its a trap. So they trapped him to save all the universes, just a thought.

An interesting idea... But it doesn't match with the known behaviour patterns of most of the races in the Alliance. Especially not the Judoon or the Daleks. (Almost called them Scarrens.)

Offline Sebastian Moran

• ᕦ(ಠ益ಠ)ᕤ Tries too hard
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Fan
  • the pride of roast britain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: June 22, 2010, 17:59 »
loved the ending. 
I loved the idea of.. a sudden reveal, that all along the Doctor is the villain, he's the one who "drops out from the sky and tears your world apart".   
Okay, so I know that isn't what it actually is.. and he'll more than likely save the world or be on the "good" side. 
But hey! 
We had all of this "the oncoming storm" stuff before.. and I really do love the idea that.. from the other side of the fence, the Doctor is the monster. Probably the Doctor and the humans, because Earth is the centre of the universe for whatever reason [=IMPACT]. 
And it was nice to have a glimpse of that. That all of these "villains" are so terrified and convinced that the Doctor will finally actually destroy the universe, that they've joined forces to stop him. 

but hey ho. 
I loved the music.. I loved the way it was presented. I loved the twist of the Pandorica [don't care if i was the only one who wasn't expecting it to be empty damnit :v] and what it actually was. I loved the moment when River opened the tardis doors, not in a sort of "lol yay she ded", but in a.. the triumphant music as she opened them, and then you saw the concrete wall. 
I loved how the music cut off mid-note as the screen faded out. 

simple things, but hey :V 

also.. Rory! 
huzzah on a stick <3 
the scene where he's trying to stop himself from losing who he is.. should have made me laugh :v with the robot noises and the like.. the kind of thing I'd laugh at. 
But i didn't, which is a bit.. hur. When Amy said "..WILLIAMS!" i just about nearly baw'd. 

Ehh, I do love rory just a bit. I'm not honestly expecting him to survive the finale, seeing as he was constructed out of a snapshot of Amy's memories.. as well as not actually being human. 
I mean, he COULD survive [and.. moffat does seem to like happy endings].. but even if he doesn't, it's better than him not being remembered at all c: 
And I don't want to get my hopes up that he'll be back next series. 

But.. if nothing else, we got to see Arthur Darvill dressed up as a Roman soldier, which is rather blessable. 
"I died and turned into a Roman. It's very distracting." 

So.. yeah.
I am however expecting the ENDOFTHEUNIVERSEOMG and DEADAMYOMG and TRAPPEDDOCTOROMG to be reversed or fixed or something.. either that or we have to look forward to an hour-long silence-and-blank-screen combo on Saturday. 
And of course.. River has to be there to meet the Doctor in the Time of Angels.. though they keep harping on about how "time can be rewritten". Still.. there're too many loose ends with River for them to kill her off now. That "she killed a man" thing is more likely than not building up to a REVELATION sometime. 

hmm what else 
borg cyberman amused me.. as did tentacool-cyberman-head.. the scene when rory and the Doctor met amused me.. as well as the SURPRISE idea- "we'd be killed instantly!"- and.. oh, the scene where River was poking about in Amy's house was deliciously creepy. No idea what or who was there.. or even if we'll be told [as it was said that the Alliance o' Evil created the scenario out of Amy's head.. so moffat might just leave it vague like that]. 
Doo hope that they won't make her into a Donnaesque "most important person/timelines converging omg!" 
No secret that I'm not a big fan of Amy.. but even if i did quite like her.. eh, it's still more of the same D: 

oh, but.. the Doctor saying "doesn't it bother you that your life doesn't make any sense?" and saying how her house is so empty.. does make me think that Rory isn't the first person in her life who fell into a crack in time. 
Did young Amelia say in the first episode that her parents were dead, or just.. that she didn't have any? 
Of course if her parents didn't exist it would technically mean she shouldn't, but the plot is more than pointing to the fact that she's a special snowflake so that doesn't mean too much. 

Sooo.. yeah. 
Also heee, Fry particles in Stonehenge~ 

k i've stopped adding to this marathon post now. 

« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 18:09 by Halfwit »

be humble,
for you are
made of earth.

be noble,
for you are
made of stars.

Offline Darkwing

• Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: June 22, 2010, 18:06 »
Doo hope that they won't make her into a Donnaesque "most important person/timelines converging omg!" 
No secret that I'm not a big fan of Amy.. but even if i did quite like her.. eh, it's still more of the same D: 

I know... it was bad enough when they tried to use it to make the awesome of Donna into a cheap Rose knock off.... Donna is on the greatest companions of all times list. The blonde was just a bookmark.

Offline Iceduck

• Retired Senior Staff Member
  • Mulholland Fan
  • Rare Candy Trades - steroids for Pokemon est. 1995
    • View Profile
    • My rather bland website
« Reply #1731 on: June 22, 2010, 20:39 »
My guess for Episode Thirteen:

If this scenario was created from Amy's memories, then if the Doctor can give her a NEW memory, that'll get created as well.  With this new piece of kit, maybe he can reverse everything.

Maybe it's the Doctor himself he needs to put in her head.  After all, that's the one thing in her bedroom that didn't get created.

Also, maybe the Doctor will seal the cracks by jumping into one himself.  That's hinted at in Flesh and Stone.  Amy's memories keep him alive (a running theme throughout this series is that people are kept alive by memories), but the Doctor's unwritten - the entire world doesn't know he exists.

His companions still remember, of course (time-travellers have a different perspective), and all his deeds are still done (after all, the angels still crashed the Byzantium even though they were unwritten).

That's my guess.
Follow me on Twitter! - read it, discuss it, set it as your homepage.  This will soon be added to the PKMN.NET rules.

Offline Darkwing

• Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: June 22, 2010, 22:18 »
See it still has that grating Amy is all things aspect to it. Karen is a kicking Scottish angel, but Amy needs defenestrated.

pokeguru V2

« Reply #1733 on: June 23, 2010, 23:27 »
My guess for Episode Thirteen:

If this scenario was created from Amy's memories, then if the Doctor can give her a NEW memory, that'll get created as well.  With this new piece of kit, maybe he can reverse everything.

Maybe it's the Doctor himself he needs to put in her head.  After all, that's the one thing in her bedroom that didn't get created.

Also, maybe the Doctor will seal the cracks by jumping into one himself.  That's hinted at in Flesh and Stone.  Amy's memories keep him alive (a running theme throughout this series is that people are kept alive by memories), but the Doctor's unwritten - the entire world doesn't know he exists.

His companions still remember, of course (time-travellers have a different perspective), and all his deeds are still done (after all, the angels still crashed the Byzantium even though they were unwritten).

That's my guess.

you do know that the time war might come back and all...the doctor wasn't there to stop the time lords and also it would mean that none of this would happen in the first place.

Offline Snagprophet

• Electric Master
  • Sentret Fan
  • Shocking
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: June 24, 2010, 20:50 »
you do know that the time war might come back and all...the doctor wasn't there to stop the time lords and also it would mean that none of this would happen in the first place.

It would be a great way to end the series, if the Doctor never existed and every story in the whole series never happened and it would like real life. 'Course, it wouldn't wipe the Daleks from existence, or anything else which has attacked the Earth.

Offline The Librarian

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: June 24, 2010, 21:13 »
Just found this interview. Looks like Moffat isn't giving anything away.
"SOME PEOPLE WILL DO ANYTHING FOR THE SHEER FASCINATION OF DOING IT, said Death. OR FOR FAME. OR BECAUSE THEY SHOULDN'T."

Offline Angelic Lapras King

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Angel Wings! Please Guide Me And The Lapras!
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery of Maddness
« Reply #1736 on: June 26, 2010, 19:06 »
What a weird, wonderful, complicated ending that was.

And still things to be answered, hurry up Christmas. :P

"What did I say would happen if you got onto my back Oak?"

Offline RocketMember002

• Joy Incarnate
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: June 26, 2010, 19:16 »
Just seemed weird and complicated to me, didn't have that epic feeling other finales had. :(

Offline Sebastian Moran

• ᕦ(ಠ益ಠ)ᕤ Tries too hard
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Fan
  • the pride of roast britain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: June 26, 2010, 19:22 »
well, I really quite enjoyed it :D

this is usually where I'd type out an unnecessarily long and bewildering post about the episode, including thoughts, predictions, plotholes and comments on darvill in a security guard uniform.

Buut.. no. 
I enjoyed it. Equal parts "hoamg!" and.. being amused. dancing. FEZ!
I also realised that even though River is incredibly annoying [and.. I really don't like the "hello sweetie" thing].. I still think she's rather swish. Oh well.

So, couple more questions ["but why did the tardis explo-- oh, never mind, christmas ep plot!"] but overall a satisfyingly odd episode and a ridiculously happy ending, bless.
Bits of it still bug me, and bits were amazingly narmy but.. I think that's normal o.o 

Oh well, my mum just got home so I'm about to watch the episode again, har. 

be humble,
for you are
made of earth.

be noble,
for you are
made of stars.

Offline Darkwing

• Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: June 26, 2010, 19:43 »