Poll

Who do you think is the best doctor who of all time?

William Hartnell
2 (2.6%)
Patrick Troughton
1 (1.3%)
Jon Pertwee
1 (1.3%)
Tom Baker
4 (5.2%)
Peter Davison
0 (0%)
Colin Baker
1 (1.3%)
Sylvester McCoy
2 (2.6%)
Paul McGann
2 (2.6%)
Christopher Eccleston
15 (19.5%)
David Tennant
32 (41.6%)
Matt Smith
17 (22.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 283987 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 20 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Piccolami.

• Joeno Fan
  • cheers Rich for the Rocket Ampharos <3
    • View Profile
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #1695 on: June 13, 2010, 14:31 »
Matt Smith can wander around my house in a towel any day <3

Hear hear!

I loved that ep, one of my faves from this series. Amy not being around all the time was an added bonus =D
human beings in a mob
what's a mob to a king
what's a king to a god
what's a god to a non believer
who don't believe in
anything

Offline Awkward Squirtle

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: June 14, 2010, 18:35 »
Loving James Corden in that one. Only just watched the recorded version. Am I the only one who thought master when he said its trying to build a TARDIS.

Offline Pandemonium

• Power is means, not an end
  • Gym League Members
  • Sentret Fan
  • Sabrina~
    • View Profile
    • Project Haruhi-- We're not interested in ORDINARY cartoons.
« Reply #1697 on: June 14, 2010, 18:39 »
Loving James Corden in that one. Only just watched the recorded version. Am I the only one who thought master when he said its trying to build a TARDIS.

It did rather seem odd that it would be something so specific as a TARDIS. And wait... the TARDIS was grown anyway. O_o

EMPIRE

« Reply #1698 on: June 14, 2010, 22:36 »
I've really enjoyed this series so far but it seems its too distant from series 4. I know theres new production team, logos etc.. but I just wish it had some sort of connection to make it sync up with series 4 for me. Theres nothing wrong with series but I'd just like a connection please. Maybe a character like Captain Jack or an episode thats a sequel from a 10th doctor episode.

I don't count the weeping angle episodes as a sequel episode because 10 wasn't really the main character in the episode.

Webby2

« Reply #1699 on: June 14, 2010, 22:39 »
I'll watch the episode tomorrow because I heard James Corden was in it xD

Offline Lorem Ipsum

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: June 15, 2010, 21:34 »
My favourite was the Vincent van Gogh episode - it was heartwrenching to see Vincent's character in such depression :(

Offline Latias Tamer

• WOCNWORBWONWO
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: June 15, 2010, 23:14 »
I'm re-watching the series from start to finish so I watch The Lodger on Friday afternoon. I think I'm a big fan of both Time of Angels and Flesh and Stone...but Van Gogh was very good indeed. =] They all were really... =p

It's been a very different series compared to previous for reasons I'm not sure. Maybe just because its a new Doctor.
Yes.

Offline Turtlejosh

• Yay Turtles!
  • Joeno Fan
  • I don't care if it's a tortoise, it's still mine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: June 16, 2010, 22:26 »
Eeeeep. Anyone seen the clip of the next episode on doctor who online?

If done well, it could be epic

EMPIRE

« Reply #1703 on: June 17, 2010, 01:02 »
Ohh it will be epic! Looks amazing and I wish it were Saturday already.

Offline Darkwing

• Typhlosion Fan
  • I may be good... but I don't play nice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: June 17, 2010, 19:12 »
I have my misgivings. It could just be that I still don't like Amelia though. As such I will probably vomit when they try and sell her as the one who the multiverse revolves around. After all that was the position for the DoctorDonna.

Offline Latias Tamer

• WOCNWORBWONWO
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: June 19, 2010, 13:07 »
One of the interesting things to look at in this episode is whether this will be River Song's first encounter of the Doctor and Amy...maybe this will be her first encounter of Amy, but will have already met the 11th...or will have already met Amy, but with the 12th Doctor...or if she has met both of them, then we will expect another River Song episode next series...hmmm
Yes.

Offline Darkwing

• Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: June 19, 2010, 14:55 »
I wonder if we can land lucky and have them kill Amy at the climax of the two episodes. Karen is a good actress for a scottish chick. Which makes her an excellent actress by English standards (Phenomenal compared to the Corden Creature.) But the scripting for Amelia has just left me turned off to her.

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #1707 on: June 19, 2010, 15:01 »
I wonder if we can land lucky and have them kill Amy at the climax of the two episodes. Karen is a good actress for a scottish chick. Which makes her an excellent actress by English standards (Phenomenal compared to the Corden Creature.) But the scripting for Amelia has just left me turned off to her.

if this were to happen i would probably watch it again.

The only thing I like about Amy/Amelia is she's Scottish. I hate her 'sassyness' and her... everything really. She's been my least favourite companion since Rose, and she will never match up to Donna. Ever.

The only character I really liked was Rory (i think his name is) and now he's dead *shakefist*

Offline Darkwing

• Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: June 19, 2010, 15:06 »
Rory and Jeff. Butr other than that we pretty much agree. I wonder if Moffat can bring Donna back as long as we ask nicely?

Offline The Librarian

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: June 19, 2010, 15:25 »
I hope not. Donna was just about the most annoying companion so far, on par with Rose. Though I can't stand Catherine Tate anyway.

So far the only companions in the new series that I've been able to stand are Martha and Amy. I didn't like Rose. I didn't like Donna. Mickey was hardly a companion, so I don't count him. There was Adam from the first series but, like Mickey, he wasn't there much so I don't count him either. Then there's Captain Jack. I don't mind him in Torchwood, but he doesn't seem right as a companion.

Martha on the other hand, I didn't mind. And Amy I absolutely love. She's not too "Ooh Doctor, I love you" like Rose was and she doesn't constantly shout like Donna. For me, that makes her perfect. (This has nothing to do with the fact that she's hot. Honest.)

I wonder if we can land lucky and have them kill Amy at the climax of the two episodes.

*SPOILER*I doubt it since she's signed on for the next series.*SPOILER*
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 15:30 by The Librarian »
"SOME PEOPLE WILL DO ANYTHING FOR THE SHEER FASCINATION OF DOING IT, said Death. OR FOR FAME. OR BECAUSE THEY SHOULDN'T."