Author Topic: [J] The Time Of The Dragons. - [Pa][F][M][Pw]  (Read 12768 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Wolstenholme

Re: [J] The Time Of The Dragons. - [Pa][F][M][Pw]
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2014, 16:29 »
((Opal has said that she doesn't mind if we start without her so, without further ado, here is the official first post/first posts, I'm gonna put the speech from my dragons in blue and speech from my humans in green))

Many years of close friendship had turned Katya and Asael into a one-minded body, they always seemed to be thinking the same thing. Asael took off into the night towards Doru Areaba with a plan in his head. His huge wings beating tremendously at his sides. The city looked awful, blazing in an orange blob of fire, it wasn’t right that some heartless Riders would want to destroy something so beautiful. Katya was angered by what she saw. She put her anger to one side as much as she could, though, so that she was able to concentrate on finding a solution to the problem of her home being on fire.
When they were about halfway back to the city, Asael spoke to Katya: Do you have a plan? He asked her. She considered her plan and then thought about what Asael might have been thinking and replied. It’s the same as yours. And with no further ado, Asael sped towards Doru Areaba but further up into the night. He did a swift mid-air somersault to see lots of Dragons following behind them. They were in front, this allowed Asael’s plan to work. He stopped careening forward high above the flames of Doru Areaba and began to circle gracefully in circles and Katya motioned for the other Riders to pull up and listen to their plan. She knew, because she and Asael were here first, and because they had a plan that they would all obey. Age didn’t really matter to Dragon Riders, they were all taught the same lore and under the same roof. When the first couple of them slowed up in front of her she shouted “Asael and I have a plan that involves all of us working together.” She had caught some attention and the Riders were looking at her. “We need something to put this fire out, so I suggest that we all go down to the sea, let our Dragons fill their mouths with water and then return to Doru Areaba and have them spit the water out on the buildings. If all of us do this and keep doing it until the fire is out then we should have it under control in about 20 minutes.” Without waiting for a reply, she trusted that the other Riders would follow her instructions, Asael began to fly towards the cliff that was about 30 metres away.
 Once above the ocean, he pulled in his wings to streamline his body and Katya gripped his saddle tighter and he began a vertical decent towards the sprawling blue ocean beneath them. Don’t forget to hold your breath! Asael warned her as he broke the surface of the waves and opened his mouth wide. Once his mouth was full and his cheeks puffed out he shot out of the water creating a spray. Katya was saturated and exhilarated.
He scaled the cliff face and made for the nearest building in Doru Areaba where beneath him a female Rider and her Olive coloured Dragon were contemplating their work. Asael showered the building and the Rider with a supersize mouthful of water. It put the fire out and seemed to anger the Rider. Asael, pleased with the results snorted a seemingly involuntary laugh into Katya’s mind, watching the Rider below as she seemed to wring her hair out and look at Asael with boiling rage.
_________________________________________________ ______________________________________
Oz admired the burning city with contempt for the memories it held. She thought about all the people who had ever bullied her and how much she hated them. Any of the Riders from the Forsworn that she knew were all the other students, the ones who hadn’t bullied her in Dragon Rider School. They were the ones that had simply ignored her, the ones who had been too busy minding their own business or had simply not noticed her amongst the popular kids and the Dragons.
Fyrn nudged Oz’s shoulder, waking her from the slight daze she had been in. Time to go, Ozzie? He asked. He was the only person who was allowed to caller her Ozzie, or even Osette.
Yeah. She replied. Beginning to climb up his leg when she was drenched in water from above. She looked up to see a white Dragon. In saturating Osette, he had also put out the flames of the building Fyrn had just destroyed. “ughhhhhhh!” she exclaimed aloud and balled her hands into fists to wave at the obnoxious Dragon and it’s obviously ‘good’ Rider. Fyrn began to grin, trying to keep a straight face but then broke his façade of seriousness and said, between roars of laughter This sort of thing could only happen to you! Oz looked at Fyrn sternly but he carried on laughing. All right, shut up! She said almost laughing herself. She climbed onto Fyrn’s back and left the square, heading for a nearby copse of oak trees.

((Did I mention that posts can be any length you want, as I know that some people prefer shorter posts while some would rather write longer pieces of text.))

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2014, 18:44 »
((My human's speech is orange, and my dragon's is navy))

Wanna see them struggle? Or maybe even help them, and make them think we're on their side?

You sick twisted human. That's why I like you.

Lux grinned at this and walked outside in his dark blue armor. Myrsky was waiting for him, and the human mounted the midnight blue dragon. Lux rode off to some elf girl, wait, is was Katya! She was a sharp one, and suggested to have the dragons to fill their mouths with water from the sea.

Ready to put our plan into action? Go!

Lux jumped off his dragon and moved in an almost invisible blur, due to his dark colored armor. He was falling at a high speed. Myrsky knew that he could fly faster and took the chance, swooping down. It looked like certain doom for Lux, but he was caught about 5 feet from the sea. This technique was dangerous, but gives the advantage of surprise. However, this is why Lux sometimes was bruised and limping, still a good tactic if the rider and dragon trusted each other.

Nice catch.

It's what I do.

Both Myrsky and his rider grinned. Then Myrsky put the elf's plan into action, the dragon filling his mouth with water. "Onward! To Doru Areaba!" said Lux.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 19:50 by ShinyBlaziken2000 »
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline The Macintosh Ninja: SOH CAH TOA

• PUK's original ninja. So zetta slow!!
  • Sentret Fan
  • Look, I finally changed my avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2014, 19:32 »
((So everyone's claiming two colors then? I think the 'blue for dragon' thing should be held constant, just so we all don't have to remember 12 different color combinations. So I'll have teal for my dragon. My human's words will be olive drab. For others who want colors, I found a pretty good list of colors that XHTML recognizes. You can also mix colors and use the hex code the same way you'd use a color name: [color=#HEXCODE][/color].))

"There might still be people down there. They'll suffocate from smoke." Xel'lotath told Grigori. The human nodded in agreement.
"You!", Grigori pointed to a Dragon Rider. "Help me with evac while the others fight the fire!". The man grasped his dragon's neck as she flew up a bit before diving down towards the burning city. The fire was spreading, though it didn't look to be a raging inferno. Already some people were fleeing and others were making their efforts to fight the fire on ground.  One person was waving his arms, trying to flag down the Rider. When the dragon and her Rider were a few meters off the ground, Grigori leapt off Xel'lotath's back and landed with a roll. "Stay close. The 'Forsworn' might still be around. he told his dragon. "If you see someone in trouble, help them. But stay alert.". He turned to the citizen.
"There is someone inside! I can't save them alone." the man explained. Grigori nodded and the two charged into a building already on fire.

Offline Awkward Squirtle

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2014, 20:33 »
((Blue for dragons then? Sounds good, I'll take steel blue from that list in that case, and dark red for my human character))

Leigarth's agility gave him slightly more speed than an average dragon, so he and Kamren had soon caught up with the others. The flames were less towering than they appeared initially, even to his eyes, though the individual blazes were spread out and growing. This looked like the work of quite a few riders to Kamren.  One of the riders had pulled up and started giving orders.
Ugh, this kid again. When did she get the idea she was in charge.
Shut up and listen to her, she's got a great idea here.
The dragon had him there. He didn't much like the idea of listening to someone else, especially a "kid" 2 years his junior, but at the end of the day she was right. Irritated, Kamren let his mount follow the others towards the water, his sharp eyes glaring. As his dragon flew straight, Kamren was looking all around instinctively for danger. Something told him that riders who burned down cities might just stay around to watch them burn. Watch out! Leigarth called out from inside Kamren's head, a grin in his voice. The rider looked forward just as a wall of water soaked him. His mouth opened in surprise, and he emerged spluttering, his dragon's mouth full of water.
Thanks for the warning thought the human, glaring even harder.
As they headed towards a burning building, Kamren thought he saw a dark blur from the corner of his eye; was it a rider? "Probably nothing" he muttered aloud, trying to convince himself that they weren't going to be ambushed. He remained nervous as Leigarth unloaded the brine on a smallish house below. Something seemed wrong.

((typing colour wrong each time is painful))

Offline Queeny|NM

• Queen of Xenomorphs
  • Rex Fan
  • Back with a brand new attitude~
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2014, 20:48 »
((Oh darn, it would be the day I fall ill that this would get started and I'd almost miss out on the beggining fun! Terribly sorry if I'm late, Valentines day and y'know~
If we're going for blue dragons, I'll take a nice Light Slate Grey, since it's rather blue looking and to go with Hrolmir's Steely colors.
Karinda will be using the rather unspectacular Dim Grey, to reflect her neutral nature I guess.))

Though the initial departure from the party was anything but organized, Karinda found herself feeling somewhat proud at the fact that all of the other Riders, after the initial confusion and speedy departure, had fallen into a steady flight formation among one-another.
Even in the dark of the night, by squinting pale blue eyes she could just about make out the person in leading position; a relatively small figure sat atop a pearly white dragon. From the female rider's willowy proportions, Karinda guessed that she was an elf. Many years ago, this would have perhaps given her pause for thought back when her only knowledge of elves was of far off cities and smithing techniques that defied all that she knew about the forging fires. She was not that same weary little girl however and now, after years of being trained among both elves and humans alike, she could distinguish little difference between the two races; there was only fellow riders.

The glow of the burning city was visible starkly through the night sky, shining through the black like a hellish beacon of searing orange light. Worse still though were the screams, desperate cries of confusion and pleas for help carried on the wind. Karinda felt her stomach clench just thinking about the owners of those voices, residing in the capital, only to be betrayed by the very ones who had sworn oaths to protect them..
"You must concentrate. There may be more to this than we yet understand. Focus at the task at hand, little one, then we may ask our questions."
She could feel Hrolmir's gentle rumble echo through the scales on his neck where she held, a low comforting presence as ever keeping her own thoughts steady.
"You're right. There's a lot of work to be done here to secure the city once more, it'll be difficult. I'll need to keep my head on."

The group of riders had near fully approached the city, where the sights, sounds and smells were far worse than at a distance. Flames flickered past Karinda's eyes, licking at buildings and down streets indiscriminate in their path of destruction.
The elf girl atop the white dragon was giving out instructions, ones which Karinda found herself listening to intently. Indeed, dousing the fires would be the ideal starting point, curbing the spread of the flames and damage to area's already affected.
The exection of her plan, while ideal for others, left her brain ticking however.. After a moment of glancing around, she gestured Hrolmir into a low dive, down into the tall spires of the buildings of Doru Araeba and almost to ground level.
The heat of the surrounding fires left her eyes watering and face flushed with heat, pulling her neck-scarf about her face to try and protect herself from the worst of the flames.

"The water is a sound plan, but we may do better here with our own talents helping-" Karinda mused, eyes turning to an area where she had known there to be quite a number of houses in the past.
They were currently little more than charred rubble, collapsed under their own weight after the flames had taken all the strength from the buildings core. The destruction was immense and though there was little chance of survivors, action had to be taken in the event that someone, anyone, had been lucky..
"Hrolmir! Get lifting through this!"
The dragon hummed in reply, hovering over the great mound of charred buildings while the light of the flames flickered against his silvery hide and gave him an unnatural orange tint. With a great roar, four giant muscular legs began lifting through the remains, carefully parting the wood and stone that had been left behind in the hopeless search for survivors or anything salvageable.

Karinda felt her heart sink, after clearing five houses and finding only one young woman clearly moving among the wreckage. Motioning for Hrolmir to land, she leaped off his back and slung the injured woman around her shoulders, before passing her onto the giant dragon and motioning for him to take her to a safer area in the city.
"I'll continue helping on foot." She insisted, though was met with an almost whining plea of displeasure.
"Little one, I fear for your safety. Do not do anything rash, I beg of you."
"This isn't the time, Hrolmir. There are others surely that need our help. Get any that I bring to you to safety, then return as fast as you can. Those carrying the water are beginning to douse the fires, but that'll leave smoke- it's unlikely people will be able to safely move about in it. I want you to try and snuff the flames with the flapping of your wings, but be mindful of anyone escaping! Don't you dare blow them away!"
Under normal circumstances, Karinda knew in her heart that Hrolmir would have been disposed to leave her in a dangerous situation alone, but her commanding voice made it quite clear that she wasn't going to budge on the subject. Instead of continuing arguing, with a snort of displeasure he took to the sky, circling overhead to find a spot to drop the saved woman.
"I will return soon. Do not do anything foolish!"

"No promises.." Karinda couldn't help but think, instantly feeling an admonishing wave of emotion from her dragon.
There was no time to be playing things safe however, carefully making her way down the streets she had once walked when she was but a trainee rider, lamenting that she would be unlikely to ever see them in the same glory again. It was a wasteful attack, destroying the city rather than plundering or trying to subjugate it. This unbiased destruction was a statement. The idea of why anyone would want to make such declarations against the peace made her shudder..
She didn't have long with her thoughts however until she saw a young man ducking into a burning house; she barely recognized him as the one she had spoken to briefly earlier, with the fancy knife tricks. Breaking into a run,  with her scarf wrapped tightly around her nose and mouth, Karinda followed behind him, hearing the beating of familiar wings settling overhead and a gust growing overhead.
"Wait, I'll help you! My dragon is blowing away the worst of the smog, we need to save whoever we can before these buildings risk coming down!" She called, trying to cast her voice as best as she could to the young man who had been impressive with knives without inhaling too deeply.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2014, 21:26 »
((Switching to midnight blue for Myrsky, Lux's remains the same. Also, near invisibility is fun!))

Impressive how they did huh? Imagine if we did that.

Enough of that, we're already dangerous enough. I mean, that last kid we sent to the hospital wing still has nightmares from us.

Myrsky flew in near the biggest blaze. "Here's good." said Lux. He jumped down, and this one wasn't a huge jump, so it wasn't as bad. This time, Lux wanted to be sighted, jumping into the biggest blaze, saving people, to gain the Riders' trust.

Firing water.

A stream of water shot out of Myrsky's mouth as the glow of the fire illuminated Lux as he landed in the building. People were in there, still.

There are people in here?! Still?! Wow, the dragon riders are worse at this than I thought.

Indeed, get them out. NOW.

Lux looked around, these people needed out of here. Most of them are in a good enough condition to walk, but one person was incapacitated. That one goes first. The exit, some boards were blocking it. Lux pulled out his sword and cut them up, taking some effort. The smoke was filling his lungs, and he needed to finish here, fast. "Everyone! Get out!" Lux yelled, going over to the one who was stuck, boards had pinned her down. She was frightened. "Hang on, I can save you." said Lux, trying to clear away the boards. The burning house has starting to fall apart.

He finally freed the woman and picked her up. The house has about to collapse and fiery debris was raining down. "Hold on! This could get even more dangerous than it was!" said Lux. He shielded the lady with his body, as he rammed his was through the house, with no regard to how many hits he took, this woman had to stay safe.

The house gave as Lux ran out of the blaze.

Put out the fire, everyone's out safely.

Meanwhile, Myrsky went for more water. When he heard Lux, the dragon nodded, and flew to the city. Myrsky started spewing water on the fire, and it was put out.

Alright. Next?

Put out some other fires, and play nice with the others. Scratch that, just the fires.

"Hey, anyone here a medic?" Lux yelled, this lady needed help quickly, despite getting out of the house.

Offline The Macintosh Ninja: SOH CAH TOA

• PUK's original ninja. So zetta slow!!
  • Sentret Fan
  • Look, I finally changed my avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2014, 21:54 »
Grigori thought he heard shouting behind him, but the crackling of burning wood and the panic of the situation muffled the sound. The knife-thrower held a cloth napkin around his mouth to limit smoke inhalation. The man that led him into the house motioned for him to follow, and the two made their way down a small hall to a room that was covered in smoke. The fire hadn't reached this place yet, though the sound of burning was near.
"He..me" came a choked cry. A man, balding, pinned down under a chandelier. He was trying desperately to remove it, but the weight and exhaustion made it difficult. Had the ornament not been on the ground, and the smoke not in the room, it would have a grand appearence. The room itself had some basic furniture and equipment used in sewing cloth. There was a table with some small tools, probably the tools of a cobbler.
"Help me lift this up." Grigori told the man who lead him to the pinned citizen. The man, a short stocky fellow, nodded and the two lifted the chandelier off of the bald one. It was oddly shaped, making it difficult to raise.  Even with all three lifting, and they only managed to raise it high enough to free the pinned man, who crawled away from the lighting fixture. Outside, the sound of wind picking up. Hopefully, this wind and the water raining down would dampen the area and stop the fire from speading.
"There's another in the next room over. I think he fainted." the once-pinned man told Grigori. "On it." Grigori replied. The stocky man helped the bald one to his feet and the two, with the first supporting the other, made their way out of the burning building. As the exited, they saw a girl in armor with a dragon beating its wings. She didn't seem to be actively setting things on fire, and the dragon looked to be extinguishing the flames rather than fanning them, so they pasted her by with a nod.

Grigori found the one who fainted, a younger man, likely a worker trying to learn trade. The Rider woke the boy with a hard slap to the face and the two made their way out of the burning building.

Offline Queeny|NM

• Queen of Xenomorphs
  • Rex Fan
  • Back with a brand new attitude~
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2014, 22:25 »
Things were getting out of control.
Karinda had given up on following the knife-throwing boy after it had become clear that he couldn't hear her through the overwhelming atmosphere and, figuring he certainly looked like he knew what he was doing, instead had retreated back outside to survey the rescue efforts.
Hrolmir had managed to snuff out a fair amount of the residual blaze by using his wings to create a draft, though a few persistent embers still crackled with heat in the surrounding area.
She could see more and more riders pouring water down over the declining fires, ever so slowly diminishing the harsh orange glow and roar of heat.
Climbing onto Hrolmir's back, she motioned for her dragon to take to the sky once more with a careful leap, being mindful of any survivors that may be in the area.
All in all, the disaster itself was slowly being resolved, but there was still many things spiraling into disorder.
She could hear someone calling for medical assistance and felt terrible when she instead turned her head away, urging Hrolmir further from the location.
"You don't want to try and help?"
"My skills are for tending metal. Not flesh. I'd be of little use."
It was a logical answer. It didn't make the knot in Karinda's stomach feel any better however as she continued her over-head flight of the city, eyes attempting to follow the path of the flames.

"There's no real 'pattern' here. It looks whoever set the fires did so at random, then let the flames spread. From what I can guess, there was no real priority target here..."
"If that is the case, then you are worried?"
"Yes. At least if there was some sort of focal point to merit this destruction, there would be maybe some kind of motive. Someone or something in particular that whoever wanted to strike out at. So far, this seems to be rather indiscriminate, merely aiming for pure destruction and disorder. At least, that's what it looks like right now. It's likely I could be wrong, there's just not enough information to go off yet.."
"What do you propose?"
"We watch. Of course, if anyone calls for aid we'll help, no matter if its civilian or rider. I'd like to think that we'd be trusted enough to come rallying for an ally. But.. I'd mainly like to keep a close eye on things. Look for patterns, or if there's anything suspicious about.. There's a lot more to this than just a few fires being set, I feel it in my bones.."
"As you wish. I will keep my ears open for our ally's and my eyes sharp for our mysterious enemies."

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2014, 22:40 »
No one's answering. Can you watch her, since the fires are going out.

If I have to. Babysitting is boring.

Myrsky flew in and took the girl, who was now unconscious, to the outskirts of the town to make sure she lived.

Suddenly, Lux winced in pain. Something must've hit him in a weak point of his armor. "That's going to hurt later." he said to himself.

Lux then decided to charge into another burning building, against his better judgement. He needed to rescue more people and cheat death a few more times before the night ended.

As he got the people out of this next building, a piece of falling wood was about to hit someone. Lux quickly push the person out of the way, his arm taking the impact.

Getting back to base, you will have to fly more carefully than usual. One of my arms is unusable at the moment.

Alright, everything on my end is fine, if you don't count the panic from the girl. Myrsky smirked.

Myrsky..... No, just, no. At least be civil.

Lux ran out as the house collapsed, holding his arm, trying to put the fire on it out.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 22:48 by ShinyBlaziken2000 »

Wolstenholme

« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2014, 22:50 »
Asael turned back towards the cliff to collect more water, Wait! Katya said to him suddenly. Asael bristled in her mind. Don't worry, nothing's wrong, I just thought that my efforts would be more effective if I were on the ground and you were collecting the water on your own.
You're the boss, he replied But don't hurt yourself, I trust you won't do anything stupid. He turned back towards Doru Areaba and swooped low over the houses. Now, jump! He shouted urgently as they passed over a building with a sloped roof. Katya took the chance and slid down Asael's leg, when her rear flew off the end of his front claw she had that awful moment of free falling. Asael had timed his flight perfectly, she landed a moment later on the slanted roof and slid all too quickly towards the ground.
She righted herself as she flew off the end of the roof towards the ground and hit it running. There was a group of  evacuees in a clearing in the road which Katya immediately ran towards. There was about 70 people there and the other riders were running around everywhere, herding others into the square. "Are there any buildings that haven't been cleared yet?" Some people in the front shook their heads. Good news at last. "Let's get somewhere safe and let the Dragons do the rest of the work, then" She said to some of the closest people. "You'll have to carry the injured but it isn't safe here." She ran back down the main street towards the edge of Doru Areaba.
_________________________________________________ ______________________________________

Oz's place in the copse gave her a good view of the group about to leave the city. Unfortunately, she thought, it wouldn't be as easy to leave as they expected. She laughed inwardly and shared her idea with Fyrn. Great! he said hungrily. Oz's favourite type of magic by far was illusionist magic. She drew on Fyrn's immense power to carry out her plan, smiling, she cast a spell upon a burning building in the path of one of the running riders. In a fraction of a second the burning building disappeared and in it's place was what appeared to be a clear path out of the city. The elf leading the group, who Oz had assumed to be the one riding the white dragon that had given her an unwanted shower only 10 minutes before, ran directly into the illusion building. Oz laughed and looked at Fyrn, That was too easy, are you sure this is a challenge? The sides of his mouth curled up and he puffed pleasantly warm smoke at her and she touched his leg hide, lovingly. It was moments like these that made them such good friends, they enjoyed inducing the suffering of others together.

Offline Danatales

• Demon Queen
  • Rex Fan
  • [miscellaneous grumbling]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2014, 01:01 »
((goD I AM SO SORRY IM LATE i've been so slammed with work over the weekend hhgngnnrrnrnrfff

colors, though, yeah. I'll nab this dark shade of teal for Trezarex, and this dark magenta for Stella because I liKE being complicated))

Stella could tell when the other Riders, the "good" ones, had arrived. Fires were starting to die out ,and the loud beats of wings were thundering about. Gritting her teeth, she kicked Trezarex gently, Dive! We can't be spotted!
Right, the dragon agreed, and with a snort swirled in the air and dove down below the treeline, claws nearly grazing the ground, I'm going towards the cliffs, we'll be more under the radar there and can take to the water if necessary.
"Perfect," Stella breathed, half to herself and half to the dragon. Oh how she was thankful to have befriended a dragon with adapt swimming skills. Made for some sneaky maneuvers. She felt tree limbs rush past her as Treza flew through the forestry, before shortly rocketing out near the cliff face.
Completely unaware of the other rider's plans to extinguish the flames through collecting water, dragon and Forsworn rider drifted down to the rippling waves, going to where they felt most comfortable. Stella looked up at the sky, could still see smoke drifting through the air. She smirked a little, "They can try to ruin our fun, can't they?" She mused as Trezarex flew down and raked claws through the water.
'Try''s the key word there, The dragon thundered in Stella's head, followed by a rumbly laugh. She returned the laugh with one of her own. and hung on tight as Trezarex stayed close to the cliffs, fairly certain here they would be inconspicuous.

Offline Awkward Squirtle

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2014, 02:13 »
Looks like everyone else has the rest of the fires covered. I think we should just stay in the sky, keep an eye out for trouble.
The deep red dragon began circling above the city, his scales catching the remaining firelight and shimmering slightly. As they flew, Kamren kept a look out for anyone suspicious. Nothing major seemed to be happening; the citizens seemed to all be gathered in one of the squares. One girl broke off and started heading for the outskirts when...
Leigarth, is it just me, or did that flaming building just vanish?
I thought so too. Wait, didn't she see it? the dragon asked with a tone of concern as the girl (it was the one who had come up with the water idea) kept walking into what looked like open space.
Apparently not. Forget her, who cast that spell and why? Sounds like there's a firestarter around to me. Let's check out the woods-they're not going to be in a burning building.
You're going to hunt an unknown enemy of unknown numbers who are probably watching you alone? You're not Lux, you can be seen remember.
Who? Oh, blonde guy, seems ok at most things, nothing special at anything. There are other ways to stay hidden than magic.
Heading into a trap you can't see is not one of them. You're not at an advantage here. See if you can get that elf girl to go with you.
Why, cos she has a bow too? I'm sure she's a great shot. I suppose a distraction might help, fine.

The dragon descended behind the fair haired girl, who looked a little confused.
"Didn't see the massive flaming building disappear then?"

Wolstenholme

« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2014, 09:34 »
Katya kept looking back to make sure the people were following her. They were. She turned her head back to the road and kept running. She spied another rider running towards her, away from his Dragon. Good, she thought, finally some order around here. "Didn't see that massive flaming building disappear then?" He said to her. Confused, she stopped running. "No, I clearly didn't... Which flaming building? There are lots." She hoped that this came across as a comprihensible sentence because in her mind it felt jumbled.

Asael had been collecting water for some time when the majority of the flames had been doused. There were more than enough Dragons around to cover what was left and his hide was filthy from smoke. He took off towards the cliff but then swerved into a secluded cove where no one could see him and washe himself in the sea. He reached out to his elf companion with his mind Do you need me yet, my little cub? Cub was Asael's pet name for Katya because he thought that she was like a small bear, she was strong in many ways for one so small. He waited for a reply and eventually she said Yes, Asael. Come back to me, I think there is another rider who needs our assistance.
_________________________________________________ __________________

To Oz's disappointment, the elf rider stopped just short of the building with another rider. She had drained her energy for nothing. Fyrn felt that she was upset and touched her shoulder with his snout, restoring some of her energy with his own. She placed a hand around his neck. All the time she had her eyes fixed on Doru Areaba and saw other riders she had recognised as forsworn were also taking to the woods. She worried about them blowing her cover. She spoke to Fyrn Don't they realise that if we all hide in the woods they'll know where we are? It's time to go. she was planning to go out the other side of the woods and into a cave she'd once found whilst exploring, it was big enough for one small Dragon like Fyrn. She didn't know where the forsworn were regrouping so she thought that staying in the cave and seeing where the others went was a good idea.

Offline Awkward Squirtle

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2014, 13:30 »
"No, I clearly didn't... Which flaming building? There are lots," responded the younger rider.

"Maybe try looking where you're going. Somebody just vanished one right in front of you, you almost ran into it."
Pause for effect.
"Sounds like one of those who did this is still around. I figure they're in those woods. We'd better go and check that out."

Wolstenholme

« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2014, 16:30 »
Katya was sure that if a building disappeared from right in front of her she'd notice but that was irrelevant now. She focused on the more important bits of information. "You reckon they'd hide somewhere as obvious as the woods?" She replied to the other rider. While they had been talking Asael had been returning to Katya and now he was only around 20 metres away in the air, his white hide glistening. He landed next to Katya and said What's the problem? Katya explained. "Well," She concluded aloud If they're in the woods then they're probably watching us. We should take off on our Dragons as if we were going for more water but then travel to the back of the woods and spy on them from behind... unless you have a better idea." She was already climbing up Asael's leg and he bucked her up on to his back.
_________________________________________________ _______________________________________

Oz looked out from the cave but no one seemed to be passing by or even moving anywhere near her. She could see the ends of the tails of forsworn Dragons just inside the woods and wished that they'd be more resourceful and cunning but she reminded herself that no one else had had as much time to train their brains as she had at rider school, they'd all been too busy making friends to study and as such she'd passed with flying colours.
Fyrn snorted somewhere near her ear. What's up? She asked him.
Just seen that obnoxious, white, ass of a Dragon and his little elf rider who showered you earlier, Ozzie. I'm gonna get them back sometime.